Well, I hope you're enjoying so far. We're learning lots and lots about WordPress and we've been creating posts here and formatting our posts and so on and understanding how to publish our posts, but I want to take some time and I want to talk about some of the additional techniques and options that we have related to posting on our new blog and the first thing that I want to talk about is editing your posts. Now, the great thing about WordPress is as you're working along, as you're developing your Blog and creating more posts and so on, what's great is at any time you can go back and edit your posts, even if those posts are a few weeks or a few months old. You can even go back and edit posts that are few years old if you want. You can always go back and make changes and fix typos and things like this, right? That's what I'm going to show you now and I'm looking at the Dashboard Interface of the Admin backend for my WordPress Blog and what I'm going to do is I'm going to head over to the left-hand menu over on the side and I'll expand the Posts Menu and I want to go ahead and click on Edit here. OK, now I still have just the two posts that we've created here or that we have here inside our Blog at this point and I'm going to go ahead and click on the Blog title here and you can either click on the Blog title or click on Edit, don't forget either will get you into this Edit Mode, into this Edit View here and once again, just give me a moment here. I'll expand things out so we can sort of have a better gauge at what's happening here. Now, here's what's interesting about editing your posts. We've already published this post so it's already a part of our Blog; it's already in our Blog loop, don't forget, but what's neat is I can come in here and I can make changes and it's not going to republish the post or anything like this. It's not going to change the order of the post inside our Blog's loop, all it's going to do is simply update the post where it resides inside our WordPress loop, if that make sense. Now, let me show you some quick examples here. What I could do is I could come in and perhaps change the post title if I wanted to: Welcome To My Blog, well, maybe I want to change that to Welcome to Geoff's New Blog, something like this. Or maybe Welcome to Geoff's Blog, something like that, right? Whatever change you want to make, as simple or as complex as you want here. Below that maybe I decide I want to change my Permalink. Well, we already clicked on this button and we saw what that did. Well, we'll talk about changing Permalinks in just a little while. Furthermore, I could scroll down into my post here and I could actually make some changes if I wanted to. Remember we set this guy to be a, was it a Heading 2 or a Heading 3 I believe, well we could go and change that if we wanted to. We could pop open that Kitchen Sink Toolbar, remember, using this Icon here and there he is, he's a Heading 3, so, I'll drop down this menu here and I'll switch him back to a Paragraph, perhaps and maybe what I'll do is I'll pull that piece of text back up onto the previous line, maybe something like this and maybe I'll make some other changes to my post here. I'm keeping it really simple here but you can, again, make this as complex or as intricate as you like here. Maybe what I'll do is I'll get rid of this copyright notice here down at the bottom as well. Come in here, make your changes, make whatever changes you want and then once your changes are complete, notice over in the top right we don't have a Publish button, we now have an Update button. So I'm going to go ahead and click on Update and, of course, what happens here is WordPress goes ahead and updates my post for me. So you can see here in yellow, up across the top, my post has now been updated. Well, of course, now I'm curious to see how my changes look on my live Blog so I'll go ahead and click on Preview Changes and inside the new Browser tab that opens up, of course, I can go and take a look at the changes inside my Post. And, again, I kept them pretty simple here, but in the real world you might apply some formatting, you might apply some CSS Rules, maybe add in some media like videos and perhaps audio files and graphics and things like this. I'm just trying to give you a sense of how this would work here, anyway. OK, now I want to show you something else here that we can do. This is called Inline Editing and this is what I want to show you next here. So, I'm going to close out of this tab here, head back to this Edit Mode or Edit View in the backend and what I'm going to do here is I'm going to go back to the Edit View, so over on the left-hand side there go ahead and click on Edit and we'll see if we can get this to work here. You and I both know that we can already click on our Post's title, or on the Edit link to get back to that Edit screen. Well, we have this Quick Edit Mode and this will let me edit my post inline, so go ahead and click on that guy and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about here. If I scroll down a little bit, here what I have is I'm still inside this Edit Post screen and what I mean by that is I'm still inside that Edit Post View. If I scroll down I can still see that Hello world! post there but above that I can use this Quick Edit function to go ahead and edit the Welcome to Geoff's Blog post if I want to. So I might come in here and, I don't know, maybe change this back: Welcome To My New Blog, something like this like we had before. There's the slug as they call it, or the Permalink there, the date, I could Password protect it - a lot of the same settings that you and I have already seen just in a slightly different view, right? We can allow those Comments, allow the Pingbacks if we want, change the Status of our post, we can make that post sticky, do you remember that option? And do you remember we had the Categories option as well. So I'd come in here and I'd make my changes. I can't change the actual content of the post, though, in this sort of Quick View, or this Quick Edit Mode, but once I'm done making my changes here I can go ahead and click on Update Post and, of course, that updates the post for me inline inside the Edit Posts View inside the WordPress Backend.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.