So we're going to go ahead and continue on and as I've done previously I've just gone up here to Windows and said Reset Layout and I've closed up all these guys that we're not going to be working with, because we're going to be working in Templates and Sample Materials down here. And the one that I want to be working with right now is the Rattan. So I'm just going to double-click this Rattan and that's going to open up that graph so that we can actually be working that graph. Now the interesting thing here is that we're also going to see a 3D View and a 2D View that appears that is looking right at our Diffuse Output for this particular graph. Now if there are no Diffuse Outputs then you may be seeing a 3D View and you may not even be seeing a 2D View unless you have something selected. The main idea here is we're going to be focusing on the 2D View for right now so I'm just going to go ahead and scroll this much larger so that we can really see what we've got. Now right now you can see that the size of the image is 256 pixels by 256 pixels, we're looking at our RGB and Alpha Channels and it's at 8 bits per channel. So we're getting some feedback right here, right off the top about what's going on with these various different Outputs. If we come up here to this Outputs Menu Item, you can see that we can look Specular, we can look at our Height, we can look at our Normal and any other Outputs that we might have for any given graph. I'm just going to come back up here to Diffuse because that's the one we're going to want to be looking at for the most part while we're working here. And I do want to point out to you that we can be looking at any other Nodes that are in our chain here and we'll be coming back to Nodes in future videos so don't worry about that for right now. But let's say I want to go ahead and I want to look at this Node, so I just double-click on that Node and you can see that my 2D View changes depending upon what I actually have selected. This is very, very useful and powerful so bear in mind that it doesn't just have to be the Output that we're looking at, we can look at any of these. And we can also, for that matter, take any of these and export this. So if I come back over to this one for instance and I say Save As Bitmap, you can see that I can save this to wherever I want to as a JPEG or whatever type of image format that makes sense to me for this particular thing but I'm going to hit Cancel for right now. Now the size of this is determined by our overall graph size, remember the Output size up here? This is very important. If we change this to Absolute, we can set this to be whatever we want, so I'm just going to go ahead and say set this to 10 by 10 which is 1024 by 1024 or you can see this is a much larger image. Let's say I want to Output that one, you can see I've got this, now I would just say Save as Bitmap. If I want to save all the Outputs, what I can do is click on one of the Outputs like so, to make sure that's the one that we're actually seeing and then I come over here to Outputs and I can say, Export All. And what that'll do, is it, it will export all of our Outputs or whichever ones we have checked at least to 1024 by 1024. The important thing to remember here is as we're working it maybe useful to have this as an Absolute Size so that we can see what's going on but when it comes time to publish your Substance, make sure that you come back to Relative to Parent. Because you don't want to have that size fixed otherwise you will not be able to dynamically change the size outside of Substance Designer, so that's very, very important. Now in addition to that we have a number of different ways that we can view these images here. So first off, you can see here, we have a little fly-out list here, we can check our Red, our Green or our Blue Channel. So I'm just going to go ahead and look at just our Red Channel, so there's just the Red Channel or I could be looking at just the Green Channel like so or I could be looking at just the Blue Channel like so. So I can mix and match the different channels that I'm viewing at any point in time and this can be useful under certain circumstances. In addition to that, I can also look at my Alpha Channel, so if I click this, I'm turning my Alpha opaque or allowing for transparency. In addition to this I can turn it to Gray Scale so that we're not seeing any color information at all, just the Gray Scale or Full Color. And then I can also control here, the zoom, so this just allows us to zoom in and to fit this within our document here so if I make this bigger like so, it's just going to be within that document. If I click this One to One it's going to be actual size which can be very useful and of course, if I click anywhere in here, I can use my mouse scroll wheel to scroll in and out. The idea here is that if you scroll all the way in and you want to fit it, just click like so, if you want to go back to One to One, like so. Now this last icon here is actually going to show us a Histogram so this is our Luminance Level for this image. If we come back over here we can look at our Red Channel, we can look at our Green Channel, we can look at our Blue Channel and again there are going to be times when this information is going to be very powerful for us. So just bear that in mind that we do have access to that, I'm going to go ahead and close that for right now. And then in addition to all of these other functions that you see here, we have this little fly-out list which again, remember is Persistent. So we can actually be viewing multiple outputs, so if I make this Persistent and then I come over here and I say okay, well now I want to go ahead and I want to make sure that I'm also viewing our Normal. So now I've got the Diffuse and I've got the Normal going at the same time, so that Persistent Option that I showed you over here in the Gallery is definitely a useful one. I'm going to go ahead and close this off and turn off Persistent and then I'm going to come up here to Windows, Reset Layout, Restore, just to make sure that we're back to zero so that we can continue on with the next video.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.