So we're going to go ahead and continue on now to look at the Gallery Panel, but before we do that, I want to point out to you that I've done some cleaning. I've closed out that Untitled Package that we had because we don't need that and I've gone up to Windows and chosen Reset Layout which has brought us back to our Default Standard Layout. And I do recommend that you do the same thing so that you can see what I'm seeing, the same way that I'm seeing it so that you don't get confused. The first thing that I want to point out to you is that what we see down here in the Gallery will be directly dependent upon what we have selected here in our Packages. And by default, when we're looking here in the Gallery, what we're seeing is our Advanced Filters. So if I click down here to say Base Filters, you'll see I get a different selection, Functions, Resources, Base Elements, so on and so forth and you can see each time the Gallery is changing depending upon what I have selected. Now in addition to that, you can see that we have various different elements that we can choose within our various packages that will change what's happening in our Gallery. Right now we have this very long scroll list of all of our various different patterns and noises but if I click on just Patterns, you can see I get a much shorter list and now we're only looking at patterns. If I click Noises, we'll go ahead and see just the noises with no patterns. But again if I'm at the base level of that Package, then you can see, I can see everything that's within the Package within our Gallery which is the function of the Gallery or at least the main function of the Gallery. Now one of the things that's really going to bring home the purpose of the Galleries, if we come down to Templates, we go over here and just, at the very bottom of that, you can see we have a Sample Materials Folder. And if I open that up, you can see that this comes with a number of sample materials that we can look at. So I'm just going to go ahead and click on something like say, Rattan. Now right off the bat we get this nice little preview of that Rattan and if I click on Sample Materials, you can see that, that's listed along with all of these but we just want to look at just the Rattan. If I come over here, you can see there's two arrows, now the first arrow is actually going to close up or collapse anything that we're looking at. The second is going to expand, so what this does is it basically expands out all of the various different inputs and outputs that might be relevant to that particular graph, as you can see they're listed here. We don't have to look at them here; we can look at them down here in the Gallery, now why would we want to look at them in the Gallery? Well because here, we can change the size of the previews, we can make them smaller or larger, depending upon what we want. And in addition to that we can actually see the pass for that individual substance graph. So this can be a very useful thing in a way of looking at the individual different components that make up all of these different graphs. So these inputs and outputs, whatever they may be, are available to be seen here once we expand. If we collapse, all we see is just the main Diffuse Input or Output. So the bottom line here and again the size doesn't have any impact unless we're expanded so just bear that in mind, that we can change the size but only when we're expanded. If not, then all we see is just a standard thumbnail and we can of course look at all the various different thumbnails at the same time. We can choose to expand each one individually like so and then we can change the size, so I could say I want to look at Dust and I want to change the size. So the Gallery is basically just a nice way of interacting with our Package Selection in a way that we can preview and control the preview that we're seeing. Now one of the things that can be really useful here and I'm just going to go ahead and scroll over so that we can see this a little bit better, is that we have the option and you can click this little Down Arrow, you see that we have Persistent. The strange thing about this is that we have only one option here which is the exact same option here. If we click this, then this becomes Persistent, meaning that instead of changing whatever is shown in this tab, when we click on something else, say our Compositing for instance, we'll get a completely different tab that opens as a result of that. So our Gallery that's looking at just these Sample Materials is now different from the Gallery that's looking at our Compositing which all these guys you see right here. So the bottom line here is that you could have as many of these tabs open as you want, you just go ahead and say, I want to make that one Persistent and then I'm going to come up here to say Advanced Filters. I'm going to go to Advanced Filters, Bitmap to Material. So you can see now I've got the Bitmap to Materials so I can quickly go between the various different Galleries and have them open in whatever way works for me. So I could say, okay I want that one and maybe I want this one, so I'm looking at all of these various different previews, simply by making these Persistent. Now this last one is not Persistent but these are, if I don't want this to be Persistent any longer, I just turn that off, like so. I can also close these by simply clicking on that X. So I'm just going to go ahead and turn off that Persistent and Close that. This is true of all of these, you'll notice that little Thumb Tack and that Persistent Option is available on all of these tabs and we can have tabs in all of these different elements, so just be aware that when you're working here, that this little Thumb Tack means Persistent. And that's an option in all of these Drop Down Lists, no matter which of these Panels you're working in and this can be a big time saver when you're working between different folders and you're working with different assets and you want to be able to quickly switch back and forth without actually having to re-open each and every on.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.