So we're going to go ahead and continue on by looking at our Packages Panel now. The important thing to understand about our Packages Panel is that it's an organizer. The basic function of Packages is to hold all of our information whether they be graphs or whether they be folders or whether they be assets, all of that is going to be packed into our Package. And the main function of Packages is just to sort of organize things and keep things in a way that you can work with them without them taking over the interface. So if we come over here to Packages, you'll notice that we have Advanced Filters, Base Filters, Functions, Resources, Base Elements, Composite and Templates Packages that come preinstalled with Substance Designer. And basically these are just assets that you can use that are ready for you at any point in time that you need them within Substance Designer. But they're also really good examples of what you can do with your own Package. So let's just go ahead and go to Advanced Filters and we're going to go ahead and twirl that open and within Advanced Filters, you'll find that there is an Advanced Filters Folder. And if I twirl that open you'll find that we have Bitmap to Material, Canvas, Channels, Compositing and Normal Maps. So if I go ahead and twirl open Bitmap to Material, you'll find that we have a whole bunch of substances here and I'll just go ahead and scroll over so we can see this. So you can see we have Bitmap to Material, Light and Cancel, so on and so forth. These various graphs can also be twirled open and what you'll see here is our various different Inputs and Outputs. So basically the idea here is that we can have a nice hierarchy for organizing a lot of information within one Package and that is true of our Package as well as the Packages that come preinstalled. So let's just go ahead and click on this Bitmap to Material Graph and when I do that, you'll notice that my parameters over here have changed. Now all of my Base Parameters are still Relative to Parent which is probably the best thing for this, however if we come down to Attributes, you'll notice that it has a different Identifier which is Bitmap to Material. It has a Disable Outputs of true, it has a description and then it also has a Label. But below that we also have a whole bunch of Inputs and if you remember I told you that these Inputs that you see here at the base level, these are going to be the things that can be changed outside of Substance Designer. So these Inputs are very, very important at the base level of this graph. If we click over here to Light and Cancel for instance, you'll find that we only have one Input, on this one you'll find that we have two Inputs and so on and so forth. So just keep an eye over here on your descriptions as well as your Inputs when you're working within your Packages because this will tell you an awful lot about what's going on with the various different graphs as well as what's going on with the various different folders. These are all very customizable and organizable in terms of their attributes and you can work with these at any point in time you want to, not these ones that come up here, but as far as your own Package. So let me just go ahead and click on My Package and we'll go ahead and Context with that. We can see that we can Add a New Graph, a New Layer Graph, a New Function, a New Resource, Link Resources, Import Resources or Create a New Folder. We also have the option to Reload, Save, Save As, Publish, Copy, Paste, Close, Rename, Compute Selected or Explore. Now if we come down here and we click on the Untitled Graph and Context Click on it, you can see that we have Open, New Folder, Copy, Paste, Remove, Rename, View Outputs, Compute Selected and Explore. We also have a Toolbar here at the top of our Packages and this is going to give us different options depending upon what we actually have selected. So if I select my Untitled Package and I click this little Down Arrow, you'll see we get, New Graph, New Layer Graph, New Function, New Resource, New Folder and New Package. If I click over here, you can see we get Link Resources, Import Resources, Open Package. This is a Save Button that is a Play Button that will launch this in the Player. We can choose to Publish, if I click over here on the graph, you'll see that I only get the option for New Folder or New Package or Open Packages and Save and Play. If I click up here to Advance Filters I'll get the same options that I got for the previous Packages although these are all grayed out and the reason why is because, you see this little lock symbol? These are Locked Substances, we cannot actually make any changes to these and the reason why is because we wouldn't want to. If we made changes to this, it would actually effect all of the Substances that we would build from these parts. So we generally don't want to change that and that's the reason why you see this little Lock Icon. I'll just scroll over so you can see that. You can also see that these are in fact Packages that reside on your system. You can actually find these in your Install Folder and they're under whatever name you see listed here. So you could actually open these and work with these if you wanted to, however, like I said they are locked. So generally speaking it's best just to leave them alone because you don't really want to change those. However as you can see, there is no lock on ours and when we go to save this out, then we'll have the name of that as well wherever that needs to be. So those are our basic functions of our Package and let's just go ahead and take a look at some of the hierarchies that we can set up here. So I'm going to go ahead and Context Click on this and I'm going to say that I want to Create a New Folder and then that new folder is going to be directly listed at first level just like this Untitled Graph. If I click on the Untitled Graph and I say that I want to Create a New Folder then that will be under this in the hierarchy. So you can see that we can, created this nested structures. If I click on this and say New Graph, you can see that we can continue to build these nested structures where we just twirl things open and we can have these as organized in whatever way that works for us. And that's a very, very important function of these Packages. Now in addition to that, we can also do something called Explore, so if I come over here to Advanced Filters, Context Click on this and then say Explore, what that'll do is, it will launch a new tab and then within that tab, the only thing that I'm exploring is the Advanced Filters Package. So here I'm looking at the Bitmap to Material, like so, you can see I'm looking at those parameters, if I come back over here to Packages, I can click on my Untitled Graph. I've got Untitled Graph, if I switch back and forth, you'll see that, that information is in fact, able to be moved back and forth with these tabs, which is a very nice thing. Because there will be times when you want to be in and out of certain folders, but at the same time you don't want to lose where you are over here and it can be a kind of a bear to scroll up and down through a lot of information. Because when you start opening these guys up, you can see that you can get quite a lot of information and then it becomes this bear of scrolling up and down. So I, I prefer instead to use that Explorer Option, use another Tab and then I can just say over here for my Bitmap to Material, just drag that right into my graph, like so. So I'll just drag that in and boom, there it is in my graph. Over here I'm still working in my Untitled Graph so everything is good. If I wanted to grab one of these others, like say Light and Cancel, I could drag that in like so and you could see I'm still over here with my Package. Now when we're done with say our Advanced Filters, we just click that little X and boom, that tab is gone. So the Explore Option is actually a very handy Advance Function of working with the User Interface here, particularly when it comes to our Packages. Now that we understand the basics of working with Packages, I want to come down here and I want to look at our Gallery because this is directly related to our Packages. So we needed to understand Packages before we understood Gallery.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.