So now that we understand the terminology of what an event is, here in this tutorial we're going to look at moving these events around on the timeline. As this course has progressed so far we have seen well casually anyway, we have seen how we can very easily just move an event either forward in time or back in time along our timeline just simply by dragging it around from left to right or right to left. Now just so that you know what we're looking at before we start this tutorial, I've created a new blank project so that it's completely empty and I've called it VTC Test. And as you can see here in my Project Media Panel it's completely empty. Right I'll move over to my Explorer Tab and here I'm looking at the Video Folder that contains all these video files that we are going to be using whilst we build our music video. Okay then. To get started I'm going to double-click on this file to bring it onto my timeline, nothing new there. And I'll also do it with this one and finally I'll bring in a third video too. Right I just need to scroll up so that I can see the video and the audio tracks there. Okay then. So bring in these three video files in, by doing that as I'm sure you're aware by now, by doing that within the Explorer View means when I flip back over to the Project Media Tab, then we can see that these three movie files are now part of our VTC Test project. And if I open up the filtered bins here, I'll select By Type and then open up the Audio Folder then you can see that's empty. And if I open up the Stills Bin well we'll see that's empty too. But of course if I open up the Video Bin well this references these three video files that I've now brought in to this VTC Test project. Right then. Now in actual fact I'm going to delete them from the timeline and as you can see as I'm selecting and hitting Delete on my keyboard then they're not removed from the Project Media Window, they've only been removed from our timeline. I'll just do a quick save. So that process is then we search for our files that we want to use in the Explorer Tab, bring them into our project and hence from there we see them within our Project Media Panel. And it's up to us if we want to use them in their entirety or partially down on our timeline. Right. Let me start moving events around on our timeline. First of all I'll just left-click on this movie file and drag and drop onto the timeline. And of course I can position it anywhere I want to although at the start is just as good as anywhere. Okay. Right. Now then to be able to simply move this event around on the timeline as we've previously seen, left-click on it and then just drag to a new position. Okay. I'll leave it there. Now I'm just going to enlarge my track list area. So by left-clicking there and dragging up I can see more of my track list. I'm going to use that empty space at the bottom in a second. Right. That's how we move an event on the timeline on it's own track but we can also move an event to a similar position or indeed a different position on the timeline but on a different track. And just by left-clicking on this video file and then dragging down into this gray area, this empty area below. Notice as I do this you get those vertical constraining guides to line it up to the exact position relative to the audio component. Okay. So now this means our video event, not the audio but just the video event has been moved. And indeed it's been moved to a new track and you can probably just tell with the event container that it takes on the same color as the number that is indicated, in this case number 3, the number that is indicated for the track. And as we would expect we can still move our event along the timeline despite it going to a new track simply by left-clicking and dragging to where we want to reposition it. Notice that just because we moved our video down onto track 3 it still locked together with it's embedded audio on track 2. Okay. Now I'm going to undo that. So I'll come up to Edit and hit Undo and once more I'll hit Edit and Undo once more as well. And that takes us back to where we were. Now I'll just do a quick save. And so now you can see the event container for this video file, now takes on the same color as the color that is stipulated by track 1, indicated by the number1 box there. Okay. Now I'll left-click on the event and drag it right up against the beginning of our timeline. And therefore now what I'm going to do is I'll just place my CTI over here to the right. Well I'm going to come up to the Project Media Window once again and double-click on another one of these movie files. So that brings that one in at that position. And because I move my CTI to the right of our first clip, well there is a gap between the two events. So I'll left-click on the second event and drag it up against the end of our first event. And the reason I've done this is because I want to show you how we can move multiple events at the same time. Okay. So by going up here to this tool, this is the Selection Edit Tool, well by clicking on there I can then draw around both of these events so that they are both selected simultaneously, thus enabling me to simply left-click and then drag to the right or to the left, whichever way so that I can move both events on the timeline at the same time. And of course I can bring it back. Okay, very useful. Now I know we've only got two events at the moment but this is especially useful if we've got many events on our timeline and we need to move them all simultaneously. So we don't have to move one and then drag another and try and reposition it in the correct position. We could simply use this tool, rubber band around all the particular events that you want to move and then you can move them all in synchronization. Okay. Right. We'll leave it here then. I just wanted to cover that with you because as we progress through this course it's likely that I'll be moving more than one event at one time. And I just wanted to ensure that you knew the best way of doing this. Okay. Right. See you in a second.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.