I'm aware that many Vegas Pro 11 users are people new to the software and indeed new to video editing in general. And so if this description relates to you then let me point out in this brief tutorial, I'm going to quickly talk you through the system requirements you will need to adhere to, to allow Vegas Pro 11 to run on your PC. Sony state that the following conditions or specifications must be met for a satisfactory experience. That all said video editing is one of the most CPU resource hungry applications that your PC will be subjected to. And therefore I would strongly suggest the following system specifications are regarded as minimum specifications. So if it all you can improve on them your workflow will be made much easier, more fluent and much more pleasurable as a result. Also you will find that with an increased specification set you will be able to work through your projects much quicker and therefore you won't experience any delay whilst you are waiting for your clips to be rendered et cetera. So what are Sony's specified system requirements? Well to run this version, version 11 you'll need a higher operating system than the previous versions of version 10 and version 11 which could run on Windows XP. For this version, for your operating system, you'll need Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit SP2 or Windows 7 64-bit or if you are bang up to date then Windows 8 64-bit operating system. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and so far I've had no problems. Now for straightforward standard definition video files the processor required is similar to version 10 in that you will need a 2 gigahertz processor. However you will need a multi-core or multi-processor CPU and this is recommended for high definition or stereoscopic 3D work. Vegas Pro 11 as a program will require 500 megabytes of hard disk space for the installation. Now this is a 100 megabytes more than previously required, so you'll assume the program is better. Additionally, you'll need 3 gigabytes more of RAM than required for version 10. Here in version 11 you'll need 4 gigabytes of RAM with 8 gigabytes recommended. And remember 4 gigabytes is the minimum specification. As I said 8 gigabytes or more is recommended. If you want to capture video footage from your digital camera within Vegas Pro rather than having it provided to you on disk for example, then you'll need an OHCI compatible IEEE 1394 DV Card for DV and HDV capture and print to tape. If you have one of those camcorders that you can connect via a USB cable then you will need USB2 connections, i.e. for importing from AVCHD, XDCAMX and XCAM or DVD Camcorders. That said I would have thought every PC today has got at least one USB2 connection available. Most new PCs today are running USB3. You'll also need a Windows compatible sound card I'm fairly sure you won't have a problem there. And to install the program if you are actually installing it from a DVD then of course you do need a DVD ROM drive. I'm pointing this out to differentiate between buying the program as a download or by buying it on disk as a boxed product. Of course you don't need a DVD drive if you've downloaded the program from Sony's website. That said I'd be very surprised if you haven't got a DVD drive on your system. Further from this if you want to do some CD or DVD burning then you'll need a supported CD or DVD recordable drive. Of course the same applies Blu-ray disk burning too. That all said Vegas Pro 11 isn't a DVD burning program. You'll need it's partner program, you'll need it's partner program, DVD Architect for that or a program like Adobe's Encore. Now you can look at Sony's website to check for compatible CD, DVD and Blu-ray disk drives. Now in the rare event although it's possible in the rare event although it's possible, in the rare event that the installation doesn't go as smoothly as you hoped, then you'll need to consider the following. You also need Microsoft.NET framework version 3.51 installed on your PC. If you haven't got this then you can get it Microsoft's website or if you've got an application disk with your copy of Vegas Pro, then you'll find it on the disk itself. And finally you'll need Apple QuickTime 7.16 or later. Now just referring back to this .NET Framework version 3 that I just mentioned Sony do indicate that once you have installed version 3 of this .NET Framework then in the Windows Add and Remove Programs Listing, then you will see version 2 and version 3. But they strongly state that you mustn't uninstall version 2 of this .NET Framework. And the reason is because it is required by version 3. Version 3 itself adds functionality to .NET version 2. Now I know all that sounds a little bit scary, I agree. However, as I've said the necessary files are on your installation disk. Finally if you want to take advantage of using GPU accelerated video processing, then you'll need an open CL supported NVIDIA AMD stroke ATI or Intel GPU graphics card with 512 megabytes of memory or more. Again visit Sony's website for further information about compatible cards. Okay. So those are the system requirements and as I referred to at the beginning of this tutorial I would regard these as the minimum system requirements. If you can then get much better specifications because then your experience with Vegas Pro 11 will be all the better for it.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.