As we've progressed through this course we've seen how easy it is to add our media to the timeline. Now I'm going to go through that process again partially for consolidation purposes but also because I want to show you different methods of adding media to our timeline in terms of adding more than one file at one time. And also we'll add multiple files and when we do we'll not only just be adding them to one track which I will show you but also across multiple tracks too. Right. Let's move to our Explorer Tab and as we've seen before we get all our media files showing up in here. Now if we want to simply add one movie file then just notice where your cursor is on the timeline. Notice it there and I'm pointing this out because that's where this movie file will be placed if I double-click on it. I'll select a movie file and simply double-click to send it down to my timeline. And there you go, it was added instantly to the timeline at the cursor position. Once the file has been brought in by the way, notice that the cursor now gets moved to the end of our clip. If I want to move my cursor right to the beginning of the timeline well the quick way of doing it is by holding the Control key down and hitting your left arrow key and that repositions it your cursor right at the start. Now what I'll do is I'll play this file so I'll hit my Play Button just below our timeline there. Here goes (Audio Playing) Okay. So that's one clip that I'm going to use of the band playing live. As we progress making this video for the band I'm not going to actually use that live recording, I'm going to dub in later the studio recorded version of the song. Anyway we'll get to that as we progress. Okay. Now if I reposition my cursor over here for example and as we can see it's been moved to 41.18 there. And then if I double-click on this file then as predicted that particular file will be inserted at that time position where our cursor is now. Okay. We've seen previously how easy it is to reposition once it's on the timeline. Just left-click on the clip itself and I'll drag it across to the left there so that our gap closes up. We don't want a gap in between these clips. I'm going to resize the track list area here, left-click and drag it up because what I want to show you now is how we can add more than one clip to a similar time position as an already added clip on our timeline. Well if I just grab another file and I'll left-click on it. If I drag it down here onto the timeline into an empty space where there isn't a track featured or created at the present time and then just deselect our mouse click, notice what happens. Instantly two new tracks have been created, the video and the audio components of that particular file and they've been added as track three and track four. Track three for the video and track four for it's embedded audio file. I'll delete what we just added easily by selecting the file and then hitting Delete on my keyboard. And this removes it from our timeline. Remembering of course it doesn't remove it from our Explorer Window it's just simply removed it from our timeline. And I'll delete the video and audio from track three and four also using the same method of selecting it and hitting Delete on my keyboard. Now if I want to add multiple files simultaneously then just select whichever files you want to select and I'll grab these four and then just left-click on any of the files that were selected. And then just drag it down onto my timeline. Now just before I deselect notice the containers for these files are in place. So all these different events show with a thin gray border around where they are going to be placed when I deselect like this. And now if I move across to the right along my timeline, then we can see all the video files have been set on the same track in sequence. And as I move my cursor along and I'll do it for all four clips there, well you can see what these different files look like in my main view. Right I'm just going to select them all one by one and again I'll hit Delete to remove them from my timeline. Now what I want to show you is another method of bringing in all these different files onto the timeline but this time giving us a choice about how they are presented. Either on the same track or across multiple tracks. And where this differs from what we've just seen is we now right-click rather than left-click. So I'll right-click on a few tracks and then drag down onto the timeline. And as I deselect notice this pop-up dialog allows me or offers me the choice of whether I want to add these files across time and that will add them across the same track and will be exactly the same as what we've just seen. Or I can add them across different tracks. Now we'll do that in a moment, I just want to show you these other options. Add as takes, video only and those related options. You could choose to bring in the audio only with those options or you could indeed just cancel. Notice also the options for video or audio only offer the same options too. Well for this example I'll go back up to Add across Tracks and as soon as I select that option then you can see all my different video files with their associated audio have been added at the beginning of the timeline where the cursor is. But now across multiple tracks. You'll notice the track count there has gone up to six. So if I just come right across to the right to where the scrollbar is then you'll see all my six tracks. Three video tracks with their three related audio tracks beginning as track one and moving down to track six. Notice though that the top track, video track one well this takes precedence and is the video track in view obscuring any video tracks below. Now if I select it and hit Delete then now we see video track two which at the moment is rather confusingly labeled as track three. Well our second video track is now the track in view rather than the video track below that. And if I select my second track and hit Delete then of course we now only see the remaining video track down here. Let's have a quick look at it. I'll hit Play. (Audio Playing) Okay. Lots of drumming there. Of course it sounds very live but we'll tame that when we add the real backing track to it. Okay, so that's how we add media to our timeline and we get all those different options as we've seen about how we bring our media in.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.