What I want to do in this tutorial is simply name our project and then we'll rename it. Now I really don't want my project to be called Untitled. Because if I left all my projects named as untitled then of course it would become very confusing and really of no practical value to me, when I'm trying to find a particular project amongst many. So easy enough then. Just come up here to the third button, this is our Save Button and simply click on there. As a result this Save Dialog opens up and you would then of course navigate to the folder on your hard drive where you would like to save this particular project. Well, I'm going to save mine here in this folder called Josh, Josh being the guitarist from the band. I could just hit Save now but unfortunately there wouldn't really be any point in doing that because if you notice down here the file name is still called Untitled with a suffix .VEG. VEG being the extension for our Vegas Pro 12 Project. Well, I don't want it to be called Untitled so I'm going to call this project Gun 1 seeing as this project features the guitarist as I said from this band, Gun. And of course once done I could click on Save. But just before I do notice down here where it says Copy Media with Project? Well I'm going to check in there so that any media I collect whilst building the project will get saved with this particular project. So now I'll hit save. Now even though I checked in the Copy Media with Project Checkbox as it is I haven't actually got any media or assets involved with this project at the moment. But all the same I clicked in that Copy Media Options Dialog Box which asks me whether I want to copy the source media, i.e. any assets that maybe I did have with this project. And this would mean that any movie clips that I've got will be collected centrally into my project folder. Now as I say the project is empty at the moment, we'll add some files to this in a second or two. Also maybe I'll trim in the Trimmer Window later on, once I've brought my files in. But notice that using this radio button here Copy Source Media would mean the whole of the file will be copied into our project. That's useful yes if we want to retain complete control. However, there is another option, Create Trimmed Copies of Source Media and that would mean maybe I only use a few seconds from a much longer clip. And if that would be the case well I don't really need all the other seconds of that particular file saving into our project folder. So by clicking in the second radio button there will just copy the used bit of the file with our project. If I click it now you'll see there is the option to add an extra head and tail in seconds and it's set to 2 seconds. And what this means is, rather than just copying exactly the small range or section that we use, just in case shall we say, 2 seconds will be added at the beginning, the head and at the end, the tail of our clip. Just in case later down the line we decide that we want to edit it slightly differently. You could of course change the 2 seconds there to something else. Now I'm going to leave it as it is because I've got no files yet. And in fact I'm just going to go to the first option there, Copy Source Media and I'll simply click on OK and there we're done. Notice now in the top left of our user interface, our project name is on display, Gun 1. Right. That's how we save our new projects. So before we go any further I'll import a couple of movie files. Now you'll remember how this is done, simply go up to File, then roll down there to Import, Import File and then across to Media. And then you'll need to navigate if necessary to the relevant folder on your drive. Now the movie files that I want to use are in this video folder and once open well I'll just select the first four movie files just for illustration purposes and then simply hit Open. And as you can see they're now brought in. Now to be able to see them at this resolution, left-click on the horizontal division line and drag down okay? I'll just take it back up because also you can use this vertical drag slider. Now I'm going to double-click on all my thumbnails here for all four files to be able to bring them in. Okay. So once I've brought them all in along my timeline, well in my main monitor view there you can see Josh our guitarist. I can also rename a project if I make any alterations or even as a backup copy for safety reasons. So what I propose to do is rather than save this project again under a different name, i.e. renaming it without making any changes, then what I'm going to do is quickly trim the ends and the beginning of these files. Now we are going to look at trimming in more detail later on so just bear with me whilst I just trim the ends and the beginnings of some of these files. Well actually I think I'll do them all and of course I don't really want those gaps. So I'm going to left-click and drag to close up those gaps. Well that is an unsaved state once more and we can tell that by the asterisk up there. Now this time because I've made some changes I want to save this under a different name. So I'll come up here to File and then drop down to Save As. And in our file name area here I'm going to change the name to Gun 1 Trimmed and then I'll click on Save. Well that allows us to rename the project but there is one thing I want to show you so I'll just trim away the end here and I'll also do this one too. And I'll close up our gaps. So effectively if I resave this under a different name then this would give me a new project. So what I'll do first of all is come up to File and roll down to Save and then I'll create a new version of this. So I'll go to File once more and roll down to Save As this time and I'll rename it to Gun 1 Trimmed B. Now before I click Save I want you to notice the checkbox here, Copy Media with Project. Remember we talked about this a moment ago? Well I'm going to check in there and click on Save. This allows me to create duplicate copies of each of the assets that I use in my project. And they'll be saved in the exact same location as our project file. Meaning of course that all the different assets from all over my hard drive will be collected into one central location. And here's that dialog box again. So one more thing I'm going to do is, I'm going to click in the second radio button here, Create Trimmed Copies of Source Media. Of course you'll remember how this then saves my media files in the format and the length that is used within the project. So rather than having a 30 second entirety of a clip, for example, we might only use 4 or 5 seconds of it. So now set like this copied into our new project location will be just those few seconds plus whatever we add in here as the extra head and tail. And once I click on OK as you can see Vegas is now going through the process of determining exactly what we need in terms of length. Okay. So that's a run through then how we save our project and rename our project. And all the different options we have to reduce our content size.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.