Now that we've had a good look around Vegas Pro 12's user interface and where things are, what we are going to do in this new section is we are going to create a brand new project. And we're going to base our brand new project on using some of the files that have been provided to me of a great American band called Gun. And what we're going to do with this project is use the main master track, the audio file that we've heard in the last section and then synch this up with some videos and some photographs that the band shot in their rehearsal studio. Now as you can see at the moment that this project that we've got running at the moment is called untitled. And we know it's called untitled simply by looking at the top left of our screen. Well if I want to now create a brand new project then perhaps the quickest way of doing it is by clicking on this button here. Notice the shortcut there Control plus Shift plus N and it does just exactly that. It opens up a brand new empty project ready for us to populate it with our video files and audio files and photographs et cetera. All that's well and good but what happens if we want to create a customized project rather than the project dimensions and attributes that have been set up here by default. Well what we need to do is see a dialog box really don't we? And of course we can do. Well the quickest way to get the dialog box that is available when we want to start our own project is to come up to the menu, click on File and then simply click on New there. Notice our shortcut is Control plus N. Now that's not the same as the shortcut that we saw a few moments ago that we just noticed when we clicked on the New Project Button. And that's because we need two different shortcuts because we are doing slightly different things. One is creating a project without us seeing the dialog box and using this method, well this allows us to set up a new project that will suit the attributes of our files but with the addition of opening up a dialog box. So that we can adapt it in any way. Anyway once you do click on here well this New Project Dialog Box opens up for us. So let's have a look at it. Now notice across the top there you'll see that there are five tabs. Logically we start with the Video Tab and then there's the Audio Tab. Moving along to the Ruler Tab and the Summary Tab and finishing with the final tab there for Audio CD. Let me go back to video and of course we would use these individual tabs to set any particular attributes for our project that maybe differ from a template or a preset. Now we're not going to change our template, we're going to go with the template that we've already got here. This PAL DV Template, do notice that the width and height attributes for this PAL Template are just underneath, 720 by 576 and all the other preset attributes for this template are over here on the right in these fields. Now of course you can change any of these fields using these drop reveals to adapt the project to suit you. Now I'm not going to, I'm going to leave things as they are. Additionally I'm going to leave the frame rate there at 25 frames per second, with that being the PAL format. That all said because this is a project that eventually will be given to the band over in America then perhaps as we progress I'll change my settings here to an NTSC format. The NTSC format applicable to North America. Now it's easy enough to get at should I want to change it to NTSC. All I need to do is click on that drop reveal there in the Template Field and then simply work your way through and choose a suitable NTSC Template there. I'll go for this one NTSC DV. Do notice now though, now that I've changed my template from PAL to NTSC that the width and height properties automatically adjust as well. They are slightly different to the PAL format. And the frame rate is marginally larger too, PAL being 25 frames per second, NTSC running at 29.97 frames per second. So do bear that in mind, dependent on where you are in the world, which template stroke format that you will be using. Even though I'm working in the UK it's probably more sensible because of the project and the type of project that it is, that I work with the NTSC format. It might very well be that I use both formats. So just to start us off because I'm in the UK I'll use the PAL format. But rather than use the standard DV size for PAL I'll go for widescreen instead. And of course selecting that now updates all my template attributes for me. Now I'm going to leave them all as they are. At present I don't really want to adapt them. Now I will also use the pre-rendered files folder there that has been set up, well the path has been set up by Vegas for me. Sony determines what this is for me but of course if you want to change it, then it's a simple matter of clicking on the Browse Button and then setting a new path to a different folder. And this will be where you store any pre-rendered files whilst you are working your way through your project. Now that I'm satisfied with all my settings I'll simply click on OK. As a consequence here in my main user interface my brand new project has now been set up. Now a couple of moments ago you'll have heard me say I'm setting it up like this for the moment. Well if I do want to change it in any way, then I can do as well even after my project has started. Remember we only really looked at the Video Tab. Well, perhaps I want to change the audio attributes or indeed any of the other four tabs. Well, of course I can do if I want to alter any of the properties in any way, all I need to do is come back up to File, roll down here to Properties. Notice the shortcut there Alt plus Enter. I'll click on Properties here rather than using the shortcut and now I'll move across to my second tab, the Audio Tab and of course if I wanted to change any of these audio attributes, then simply by changing any of these fields here is easy enough. In actual fact just for this illustration tutorial I'm going to leave things as they are. Moving along and clicking on a Ruler Tab, well I'll leave these settings too. I'm not too bothered about changing about timeline displaying what it's set to at the moment because as we've seen in the last section we can change this even as our project is progressing. However, moving along to my Summary Tab let me suggest that you'd be as well to fill in some details here. Now as you can see all my different fields here are blank. So I'll start filling in. For my title well I'll call this Wasted Tension and for the artist name, well the name of the band is Gun. For the engineer well I'll type in Energy Studios and for copyright, well really I should write in a copyright message there. Instead though I'll type in Josh the band's guitarist. And of course if you want to make any comments well you can do as well. I'll just type in some gibberish there and once you're happy with all your information here just simply click on OK. And it's easy as that then when we want to set up a brand new project that contains the attributes that fit the material that we are going to bring in.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.