In this movie we will cover the structure of the Exam, which will help guide you in developing your own personal study plan. To complement your own plan, you'll also find a movie within this Section dedicated to formulating a solid study plan to pass the Exam on the first try. At the time that this course was written the Credential was still fairly new and therefore there's a lot of confusion about what to study and what areas of Risk Management you should focus on. This movie will begin the process of taking the mystery out of the Exam. The Exam itself consists of 170 multiple choice questions. One hundred fifty of these questions count toward your actual score, the other 20 questions are pre-test questions. This just means that the questions are in the validation phase and may potentially be used as a scored question in the future. While you're taking the Exam you won't know which are the pre-test questions, and therefore you should treat all questions as though they are scored. When you fill out your application you'll choose between two methods of taking the Exam: either Computer-based testing, or Paper-based testing, but the Paper-based testing is offered under two special circumstances only. One, that you reside 186.5 miles away from the nearest Computer-based testing center, or two, your employer administers the Exam for a minimum of 10 employees. As of right now, Pro Metric is where you'll be taking your Computer-based exam and you will not be able to enroll for the Exam until your application has been approved by PMI. If you're taking a Computer-based test you'll find out whether you passed or failed after you've completed the Exam. In addition to an overall pass or fail, you'll receive a score of Proficient, Moderately Proficient, or Below Proficient for each Domain. I'll outline what these Domains are in a moment. If you fail the Exam you may retake the Exam two more times within your one-year eligibility period. If you fail all three times you must wait one year from the last Exam taken to reapply for the Credential. The Exam itself is three hours and 30 minutes, and an extra 15 minutes is given prior to beginning the Exam so that you may go through a tutorial that takes you through how to use the Exam program. This is for those that are taking the Computer-based test. The tutorial is nice and thorough, and something to note is that as you're taking the actual Exam you're able to mark questions for review later, so if you aren't sure of the answer you can come back to it at the end. This is really helpful in getting through the difficult questions so that you can move on to others and come back to those that you aren't sure of later on. PMI gives you the Exam blueprint, letting you know the percentage of questions that are included from the four Exam Domains. Twenty-seven percent of questions will pertain to Risk Communication; 30 percent on Risk Analysis; 26 percent on the Risk Response Planning; and 17 percent on Risk Governance. At the end of the course we'll go through Sample Practice Exam Questions so that you become familiar with the Exam format and structure. Practice exams really help you in working through small testing errors and also making you become accustomed to the style of the Exam questions. I recommend taking at least one full-length Practice Exam before taking your official Exam. This will give you a better feel for the experience of taking such a long exam and whether you've set a good pace for finishing within the exam timeframe. In addition to this, you'll receive practice through Workbook Exercises, which we'll review at the end of each applicable section. Here's an Overview of Exam Pricing. Once your application is approved you'll be directed to pay for the Exam before you can register for the actual Exam. This chart outlines the pricing structure at this time. Be sure to check the Exam Handbook for the most current and updated prices. By the way, all this information that was covered you can find within the PMI RMP Handbook, which is available for download from PMI's website. Simply go to pmi.org, click on Career Development, and on the left-hand column menu, you'll see Certifications and Credentials, and when you click on this you'll see a sub-menu with several links about the Credentials. If you click on About PMI's Credentials, you'll be led to an Overview Page that also contains links to all the Credential Handbooks. Keep in mind that PMI's website is continuously changing. And, just a few final comments on the benefits of the Credential before we close out this movie, if you've been contemplating a Credential and aren't sure, here are a few benefits. The Exam provides a qualification of your knowledge. Remember that it's not just about passing the exam. You must first have a set of level of experience in order to even apply for the Exam. Depending on the employer and the value they place on the Certification this may lead to salary increases, or a door opening to an employer that you would like to work for. On a similar end, the same applies to career advancement. If you're interested in specializing in the area of Risk, this certainly has become an opportunity to showcase and validate your existing skill. And, finally, Certifications like the Risk Management Professional and the Project Management Professional, demonstrate a commitment to the profession of Project Management. And that concludes this movie on the Overview of PMI Risk Management Professional Certification Exam.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.