Now as we talk about all this functionality that's in Windows 7 on this new Desktop I want to show you some really cool Keyboard Shortcuts and I'm going to list them right here and then we'll go out and play with some of them and then I'm also going to put a printed list of these Keyboard Shortcuts and probably a few more out in the Work Files folder for you. So you'll see a Word Document out there called Keyboard Shortcuts that you can look for these. Also I would encourage you to go out to Google and some of the Forums and look around because people keep finding more and more really cool Keyboard Shortcuts that you can use. So, let's take a look at some of these. First of all the Windows Key gets used a lot here so the Windows plus the Up Arrow Key will maximize whatever window you're in. The Win Key plus the Down Arrow will minimize it. Win plus Left will snap a Window to the left and Win +Right will snap a Window to the Right. This is really cool; I'll show you some of these in just a few minutes. Win, Shift, Left is- this is really cool because most people have multiple monitors now. So if I hold down the Win Key, the Shift Key and hit Left it will jump my current Window to the Left Monitor. Windows, Shift, Right will jump it to the Right Monitor, really cool. Win plus Home, the Home Key will minimize or restore all other windows, this is really the same as the Shake in Aero and Win plus T is a really cool one because I can cycle through my Taskbar entries, this is very similar to Alt-Tab that I've seen before, right? And you still have Alt-Tab here. Now Win, Space is a really cool one, because I can peek at the Desktop, OK? Notice Win, Space, I did it right here and I peeked at the Desktop. Win plus G will bring Gadgets to the top. We talked about that one in the Gadgets Video. Win, P, shows you your External Display Options and notice if I hold down the Win Button and hit P this - and just keep hitting it, I will just Toggle through. You know how many times you've been out somewhere like out a client location or you know anywhere in the conference room and you're trying to make your display show duplicate on a presentation and on your computer, extend between two or just on the projector? This is how you do it, just move it to the one you want, hold down the Win Key, keep pressing the P until it goes to the one you want, let up on the Windows Key and you've got it done. So that's Win plus P. Now Win Plus and by that Pound Sign or the Number Sign there, if I hold down Win and choose a Number off of my Number Keys it will launch that particular positional number location from the Taskbar. I'll show you that in just a few minutes. So now here we are at the Desktop, let's open up some things and play with this. I'm going to open the Computer and then I will open up a Word Document, OK? And then we'll open up my Firefox and let's play with some of these things. Notice since I've got this one selected, if I do Win and Up Arrow Key it becomes maximized and it'll minimize it back down, so I can easily switch minimum and maximum, OK? I'm going to hold down the Windows Key and hit my Right Arrow and it'll snap it to the Right, the left takes it back to where it was. Left again will snap it back on the left side. So notice how easy it is to move this around, OK? Now if I had multiple monitors I could jump between them doing that. Now, here's another thing, you remember the Shake thing where I could Shake it and it'll all go down and then I can Shake it and they'll come back? Well I can do the same thing with the Win, hold down the Win and hit the Home Key and notice they all go down and hit it again, they all come back. If I click on the Word make it the active one Home takes the other ones down and then brings them back, OK? The Windows G will put my Gadgets on top for that- just while I'm working with them, then I can make them go away. And then, notice this one, I'm going to minimize everything here and if I hold down Win and notice the second one here, actually let's do the third one, the third one is Internet Explorer right here. Notice one, two, three. So I'm holding down the Win Key OK, and I'm going to hit number 3 and notice it opened Internet Explorer, pretty cool huh? Now if I hold down Win and hit 4, it'll open Word. Pretty cool right? Now the next thing that I can do is hold down the Windows Key and just hit T and you will notice that it is just looping through what I have. Now when I get to what I want let up on the Windows Key and hit Enter and it will bring it up. So it's a very cool way for me to move around without really seeing what's going on, without having to worry about it a lot, OK? Now also, I don't think I've mentioned this in the PowerPoint Slide, but Win, X will bring up the Mobility Center, so that I can set you know various things and since I'm on a Hewlett Packard Machine it's getting those two and that was out there in Vista, but you still have it here. OK? Now Win, Space I've already shown you that, will always show you the laptop, I mean the Desktop and let me open something else here. Let's make this Full Screen and Win, Space will show me the Desktop and then just let up on the Windows Key, OK? All kind of cool things that you can do here. We'll just kind of stop there for right now, but go out again, I keep saying this, go out there and look for some Keyboard Shortcuts, there's a lot of power in Keyboard Shortcuts in the Windows 7 environment. Just kind of play around, you'll find some cool things you like and you'll go back to the world of Keyboard Shortcuts, I promise you'll find some that you'll really use quite a bit.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.