One item that got a lot of attention in Windows 7 was the Explorer and Windows Explorer has been drastically improved and let's go take a look at it and I just want to show you a few things about Windows Explorer that you're going to like. Now if you notice there Windows 7, the background changed because I have it set, let's go out there and look at that just right quick why that happened and if you look at the Desktop Background you will notice that mine are set on this landscape, right here- I don't know if you can see these little checkmarks, well obviously you can see them, but this is telling me that I have landscape in right now and these are going to go through. Now every ten minutes the picture changes OK, and they are going to go in this order, just over and over and over. I can tell it to shuffle them; I can add more pictures and so forth, OK? But that's what caused that particular picture to change right there OK? But now let's get back to Windows Explorer. If I just go down and left-click on Windows Explorer you're going to notice that it comes up to this Default View alright and it's going to show me my 4 Default Libraries, Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos. Now there's quite a few things happening here that you need to be aware of. First of all these libraries are different from things that you've seen in the past and their actually virtual containers and we'll go into more depth with those because we're going to do a video just on libraries a little bit later in the course, so look for that video. Now let's talk about what all can happen here. First of all you're going to notice that if I go into Documents, we'll just kind of start at the top and work our way down. If I go into Documents and then go into Visual Studio 2005, you will notice that it's building what's called a breadcrumb and I can see my- see where I'm at and I can see how far in. Now this is the same as the old DOS path if you will and instead of these little triangles if you just picture that backslash here. OK, but if I want to get back to the libraries all I have to do is just click on Libraries and it takes me right back there. Now something else I can do in Libraries if I click on this I can see my choices. I can go into Documents and I can click here and I can see My Documents and Public Documents and you're like wait a minute, I don't see that here and that's what we'll talk about later, OK? So I don't want to confuse you now. Notice right away I can do a Search in My Documents in whatever I type in here will cause those items to come up, OK? And let me go back, I can add in the search field for type, date, modified, sizes that sort of thing, OK? So as you can see I can choose my sizes OK? And so we will take that out for right now. Now, the next thing I want to show you is right up here, notice Organize. I can change the Layout, now there's a lot of things happening. There's a Navigation Pane here, there's a Details Pane here and I can go turn those Off. So if I go to Layout and turn Off the Navigation Pane that goes away, so if you don't like that thing go kill it, OK? I will turn it back on. You will notice also that there is a Library Pane, OK? And that will turn off the Library Pane, OK? And if you notice that is right here, it'll tell me what Library I'm in and then there's another one and it actually has a button over and that is the Preview Pane right there. Now what is the Preview Pane? Well, the Preview Pane, notice if I click on this it actually looks into that particular file and I can resize this to see what's going on in there, OK? I'll double-click this to open that file that you see, that, that's a TCPIP Memorization Chart, OK? Actually it was included in another course that I built. But anyway the Preview Pane will turn that on and off and that's a real cool thing to get that thing on and off. Notice I can arrange this by Folder, by Author, by Tags, all kinds of things here, OK? Then this is the View Button, notice I can see things by Tiles, I can see things by Details right? And I can see things by Small Icons. This is the very same, this is the same as the View Option that used to be over here on the left side in previous versions, OK? Share with; we'll talk about these later, OK? Burn, this is real interesting, let's say that I click on a Folder, say Visual Studio 2005, all I have to do is click on Burn and I can burn that to a disk. All I have to do is put an insertable disk in and I won't do that right now. Notice that I can also e-mail, I can click on this to e-mail it to somebody and then the one button you probably already seen it is right here, New Folder. This shows up all over the place in Windows Explorer. In prior versions it was on certain windows and it wasn't in others, you're going to see it everywhere now, OK? And that's a big one. OK, now let me show you one last thing. Well a couple last things, there's always more things in Windows 7. Down here at the bottom we're at the Details Pane, OK? Now notice that this showing the Author, I can put a Title in here and add a Title. I can add Tags, I can add a category and these are the things that used to be a little harder to get to but I can get to them very easily now, OK? And I can add comments on here. This is some cool stuff, OK? Now if I don't want to see all that I can go into Layout and turn the Details Pane off and I don't see that, OK? So you're going to see everything here is so incredibly easy but there's a lot of things. You can spend a career in here customizing Windows 7. Now here's the thing you're going to love the most, remember the New Folder I just created? Well let's say that I put stuff in my New Folder and I want to be able to get to that from everywhere inside Windows Explorer. I just simply left-click this thing, drag it over to the favorites and drop it and notice there it is, OK? Now, whether I'm at the root in libraries, I can always get to my New Folder. Whether I am in My Documents and I go into Visual Studio 2005 and I go into Projects. I can still always get right back to my New Folder, OK? Now that's not creating a New Folder, notice I have a couple of other ones here. Here's my Visual Studio 5 Folder that I dragged there, no matter where I am I can always get back to my New Folder that I created or I can get to my Visual Studio 2005 Folder, OK? So you can drag as many things as you'd like over here. You can also expand and compress these things, so that you can see what you need. A lot of stuff is going on. Now, haven't even touched on the right click and Jumping into, these are things that are pinned and these are frequent things that I've had open, OK? So a lot of cool things that you can do here, all I'll tell you is go out and play with the Windows Explorer, a lot of power, a lot of new features here, you're going to like what you see with the New Windows Explorer.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.