Now let's talk about the Taskbar. The Taskbar got a lot of attention in Windows 7 and a lot of people at first don't like it, but then slowly learn to like it and once they start learning to like it they become addicted to it really quickly. First time I saw this thing I'm like I don't know about this but I absolutely love this thing now, OK? So let's talk about it. Before we do that let me show you one thing, another little tip, there's going to be tips and tricks all through this course because I just cannot remember them enough to get them all organized together, OK? I've tried and tried, trust me. But when I did the Desktop Video, a little bit later, there's a video called the Desktop and tried to hit on a lot of these things. If you remember we have a Theme up here that's giving us a number of these Desktop Pictures. Well if I don't like this one, if that one looks kind of hot and uncomfortable for me today I can right-click on the Desktop and choose Next Background and change it to another one and I'll say well that's not much better for me, ah there we go that's kind of cool. But I can change those things just by right-clicking, OK? So now let's get to the Taskbar. What's happening with the Taskbar down here, its in the same location as it was before except that the Quick Launch is gone. What we do now is we will actually Pin things to the Taskbar. But notice when something is on the Taskbar I can just simply left-click on it, one click and it picks it up ok and put it, it opens the program up OK, just like the old Quick Launch. Now on the right side I have my Notifications and if I mouse over everything it shows me what's going on with these. If I click the little Hidden Icons I can see what's hidden OK, and I can get to things here or I can click Customize and I can determine what shows on the notification. I can hide notifications or I can only show notifications, so when something happens it will appear, OK? And you'll notice there's quite a few things that I have to choose from here and it's totally up to you how you want that to look, OK? Now let's talk about what we can do with this Taskbar. First of all you're going to notice just on the end style you'll see a couple of things down here, the Libraries are down here and let's just talk about that. Notice if I Mouse Over this I see two things and what that's telling me is that I have two things opened, OK? So let me close this. I'll close My Computer OK, and I'll close Libraries. Now when I Mouse Over this nothing happens, OK? Well if I click this it will open to Libraries OK, which is very similar to My Documents, we'll talk about those later and if I minimize that now notice it goes down here, OK? But if I open that back up or let's say that I come over and open My Computer OK, that is also part of that and after I minimize that, you'll notice that it goes down there to that, OK? Now notice that if down Shift and click the Taskbar it opens another instance and now I have two instances open and if I Mouse Over the Taskbar down here I see both of those. And I can go to whichever one and notice as I move back and forth the other one becomes transparent, the one that I'm not pointing at, OK? Got that? And notice I can close one from down here. Pretty cool right? Well let's talk about some other things and let me show you something right quick. If I open for example Firefox OK, and this is Google, OK? And then if I go down here and say File, New Window OK, notice I now have two Firefoxes Open, OK? So let's just say that I go to Microsoft.com and now if I Mouse Over this I can see there's Google and there's Microsoft.com and by moving back and forth I'm changing up on my screen again and I can close the Microsoft.com from right here and I'm back to the Google one, OK? Now a couple of other things that I can do, I can right-click on these and I can see Pinned Information or Jump, this is called a Jump Menu, OK? And I'll show you some cool things that we can do with that off the Taskbar in just a couple seconds here OK? But now let's talk about, well I want to get something on the Taskbar and use it. Well if I go grab my Microsoft Office Word, right-click it and say Pin to Taskbar and you will notice it shows up down here now. So all I have to do to open Word is simply click on it and it opens Word. This is really cool if I want another instance of Word, hold down Shift, click that again and notice I now have two Microsoft Words and if I Mouse Over this I can see these things. OK? And I can close these very easily, OK? Now there's another thing that's really cool here and that is My Folders OK? If I hit My Computer and Open it and then go into C and let's say that I want to grab say my MS6428 Folder, OK? If I right-click this, drag it down and say Pin over the Windows Explorer and let go, notice I just Pinned it right here, OK? So I can close this and now if I mov down here over it I don't see anything, OK? But if I right-click I get the Jump Menu and I can Open the 6428 Folder. And there's another cool thing that I can do if I'm using one of these finger pointer mouse things. I'll do it with my mouse here and that is left-click on it and just push the mouse up and you notice it pushes that Menu up and I can do that if I'm on a laptop with one of the Touchpads. So anyway just grab that Touchpad it up if I was on a laptop, OK? Again a lot of things you can do with a Taskbar. In a different video I'm going to show you how to get the Taskbar back to looking like it used to with the old Quick Launch Feature, OK? You're going to have to do a little bit of a Registry Hack but I'll show you how to do that in a different video. But for now that's some basics on the Taskbar and you're going to see a lot more as we go through here.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.