OK, what you're seeing on the screen here is the beginning of a Windows 7 Installation. Now let me tell you what you're seeing, I stuck the Windows 7 DVD into the machine, rebooted the machine and told it to boot from the DVD-ROM and normally you will see up there a little informational just as the machine is booting that says Press any Key to Boot from DVD or CD-ROM and so you just choose that. If you don't see that you might need to go out and change your BIOS Settings for your various Boot Devices, OK? You'll have to chase that down on the Internet for your particular machine, OK? But notice this brings me up to this screen, you could see one that looks a little different that says Start Installation, I don't know why that happens but in some cases it does, OK? And so I'm going to click Next here, I'm going to do English, I'll leave all these at Defaults and I will click Next, there we go click Next and now it asks me, Ò Do you want to install now?Ó Well I wouldn't be here, would I? Anyway notice what to know before installing Windows. I can click this Link and it gives me some information about Windows and I'll just kind of show you, there's a bunch of information here and I will leave this to you to go out and look at later, but there's a lot going on there. Take note for this, Repair Your Computer, we will come back to that a little bit later and for now I will just click Install Now and let this thing run and you will notice you're going to see some kind of cool graphics here. Setup is starting. Now as I go through this I'm going to talk a little bit here, but I'm not going to Record this whole thing. But I just wanted you to see what it looks like and show you some gotchas and show you some not necessarily gotchas but some informational information you need to know. Now while this is running let me tell you that you can look out on the Internet and you can go to the Microsoft site, they will- there's all kinds of information about Windows 7 installations, we'll talk about some of them here, about deployment and imaging and so forth. But what you're seeing is in the installation of Windows 7 is actually the deployment of an image, OK? And notice this has popped up and telling us to, we're ready to install Windows. Here's all the license agreement stuff about what you agree to and on and on and on and I'll pull this down, I know you read all that right? OK, so since you've read that we will accept those License Terms and I would recommend you read that by the way and we hit Next. Now what do we want to do? Do we want to do an Upgrade to a newer version and keep our files and settings and blah, blah, blah or do you want to do an Install Copy of New Windows? Well if I choose Upgrade and I don't qualify it'll click and hum and run a few minutes and then come back and say I can't upgrade that, OK? And so Custom is where I want to Install a New Copy of Windows, this does not keep your files settings and programs and you would need the USMT to do that, OK? Now here's where I'm going to choose my disk, OK? And I can choose this particular disk 0, if I had other locations and I could set those. Notice some Drive Options, Advanced here. I can format my drive, I can extend it, I can add new partitions and so forth. But I'm just going to take this. But if you have multiple partitions and things out there, you'll see them here and you can work with them, you can delete them, you can do a lot of cool stuff right here and I'll just hit Next. We're going to put it right there in that unallocated space and again it's going to click and hum. Now before that interrupted me you'll also notice I was talking about different things we can do and so what's going to happen now is we're going to copy the Windows Files and then they will expand. Now these two pieces right here will take the most time and these will shock you and I don't know what exactly is going on but on some machines like this one that one just went real quickly and we'll see how fast this one goes. On some machines this happens in just a matter of two or three minutes, I have seen it on one laptop that I installed it on. I honestly thought the thing had frozen up but I just left it alone, it probably took an hour an a half to expand those Windows Files, OK? I think it has something to do with humidity or the curvature of the earth or something. But anyway it will go on, I have yet to do a Windows Installation that it had any major problems on Windows 7. I've done upgrades and I've done just like this clean, custom installs and if you just leave it alone, let it cook when its running slow you'll be, OK? So you notice we've been going a few minutes here. Now the further we go as this percentage gets higher and higher, once it gets to 30, 40, 50, 60 percent it tends to go faster. Notice what's happened, it has shifted down here and it is now showing you this Progress Bar Step and if you want to know if its frozen up or not just set your mouse close to the end of that thing and watch it over a few minutes time and see if it moves past it. Again I have not seen it lock up on a installation though. What I was saying just a minute ago before this window popped up. You can dual boot Windows 7, OK? I've done it on one machine, it didn't have any major problems, I had XP on there, I had a blank partition, an empty partition on there. I just went on, went into the empty partitions, said set it up and then when I restarted- when I start machine finally at the end of it I could dual book, OK? Now there's things out on the Internet about that, be very careful with that, I would strongly recommend that you either upgrade, if you're on XP then it's going to be a clean install and what I have been doing with clients and with my own machines is simply copying off everything that I need, doing my upgrade and then copying my files back. But to this point what's going to happen now is this thing just kind of count through the expansion and I'm going to pause the video and then come back to you when something new has happened and walk you through this.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.