Now let's turn our attention toward our report cosmetics. We have our data here, now we need to think about how we can make the report look visually pleasing. And so we'll right click, and go to Report View, and we notice we got a lot of junk going on. So let's go back to Design, and let's concentrate on the, losing these Titles, let me move this. Let's lose these Titles right here, it's pretty obvious what our data is, and let's correct these City Grouping locations alright? So we'll go to Design View. Now you may choose to work in Layout View, I like Design View OK? So since I'm controlling the mouse right now, we're going to do Design View OK? Notice the first thing I'm going to do is, grab that City Header, and I'm going to pull it over here, and indent it just a little bit, under our Instrument Header OK? And then on the Page Header, I'm just going to pull that all the way up, wait, wait a minute, no I'm not. I am going to do this. I am going to drop my Page Header, because I don't want to see those alright? And that's a better way to go about it. Now let's go look at our Report View, have we cleaned it up? Wow, looks a little better. We can easily see that these are the drums, right? And then we have our Cities here, and here's guitar. We'll worry about these alternating colors a little bit later on, but let's go back to Design and think about this a minute. On this Instrument Header here, what we could put on Format? What if we made the background color just a little bit different alright? Well, let's make that, let's put a little color there, let me put a little more, so it's a little more obvious, we'll be just a little tacky here so that you can really see exactly what's going on. So I put a background color on that Instrument Header alright? And so let's go to the Report View, and you can now see, well that's kind of cool, but I've got these ugly white areas, and this becomes kind of tedious. Notice I'm going to click and highlight that Text Box, and that particular Box, and then I'm going to come over here, and on Back Color, I'm going to choose drop down, now let's do Back Style, and on Normal, I will choose Transparent. Let me pull this over, so you can see it. Notice it was on Normal, I just set it to Transparent, and notice what happened. It became transparent. And so now, let me push this back over out of the way. And with more resolution, you don't have all these problems, but to record it, we close our resolution down a little bit. Notice I now have a nice gray bar for each one of these OK? I've also got a little bit of space in here, so let's go back to Design View. Where's my space coming from? Let's lose the City Footer right? So can we lose the City Footer? I don't want to do it that way, what I will do is, pull it up this way, and let's pull up the Instrument Footer. Now we will look at this, and see, do we need to go back and add anymore in? Actually no, that's looking pretty cool alright? Now we got our drums, our piano, but notice we're getting this alternating stuff, and so let's go back to Design View, let's get on our Instrument Header, OK? And let's scroll out, and on alternate back color, let's choose no alternate back color, on our Instrument Header, and notice when we go back now, we get this nice gray on every one of our instruments, and so we can easily see that we have changed instruments here, OK? And now let's do one more thing, in this particular video. And that is, let's clarify what all these numbers mean, and we've also got some problems with these Text Boxes right here, so let's go take a look at these Text Boxes. This year date that we added has that irritating border around it, and let's change the border style to transparent OK? So change the border style to transparent there, cleaned that up. I can see the date of birth now on each one of these people alright? And notice between our Cities, it would be kind of cool, if we had a little space here. So let's go back to Design View, and on our City Header right here, let's just pull down some detail a little bit, and then let's highlight these, and let's pull them down some, like so. And let's go back to our Report View, and see what that did for us. Notice it put a little space between our Cities here alright? Now, so we've got these boxes gone away, we've cleaned up a little bit, let's go back now, one more thing, and let's think about the background on our Cities OK? On our City Header. What could we do here? Well, we could, we could make these a little bolder, we could put maybe a different color background OK? So let's put a back color here of a, slightly lighter than that, alright? And let's kill the alternating on Cities as well. No color on the alternate background, and let's look at see, did we help ourselves, or hurt ourselves? I think we've hurt ourselves pretty bad now right? OK? And so what we want to do is, go back, and this will happen quite a bit, and you will learn a lot of this just by trial and error. On the back color, let's just set it back to white OK? And we will go back and look. And so as you can see, this is going to get somewhat tedious, but once you get it, you've got it, and things start to look pretty cool alright? So one thing we can do though, let's think about this, just a second, is we could, at least, and we can do this in the Layout View, come up here to Format, and we could bold the Cities, and then we could come up here, and we could bold this, and this starts to differentiate it just a little bit. And when we go to Report View, we can start to see what's going on, alright? We could also probably pull these guys over a little bit, but we'll look at that in part two.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.