Any accounting program such as MYOB has to organise and sort massive amounts of information. Any time you do anything MYOB needs to record it and store it. It then also needs to be able to make all of this information easy for you to find. You don't want to have to sort through a huge pile of unrelated stuff just to find one sale that you made six months ago. To help with this MYOB uses Lists and each one of these Lists group similar items together. Let's look in the Menu here and we can see that MYOB uses a lot of Lists. Now, during normal use we don't usually access these directly. These Lists are integrated into other areas of the software so that we can access items quickly when we want them. For example, say we're going to make a sale. In the Main Window we would choose Sales and Enter Sales. The first thing we need to do is choose the Customer that we're making the sale to. We would normally do this either by starting to type a name here or by clicking the button here. When we do this, our Customer List comes up. We can now select a Customer, or if we can't find them in the List we can add them using the New button at the bottom. And this is how we usually work with Lists in MYOB. The software will present us with an option to look through the correct List when we need it. So, we're currently looking at the contents of our Customer List. We can also view the same exact list from the Menu. Choose Lists, and the Customers are located in the Cards List. Don't worry about not knowing what Cards means just yet because we're going to cover that very shortly in another lesson. We select Cards and then the Customer tab is the same List. So, what other kind of Lists do we have? Well, first we have Accounts, Activities, Items, Jobs, and Categories. Next, we have Tax Codes. The Tax Codes List allows us to quickly select the tax that we need to apply to a sale without manually typing it in. When you're entering a Sale you'll see a Selector appear here, so we can choose from there. Again, it's integrated into the process of creating a sale. Recurring Transactions is the same. In the Sample File provided with MYOB there's a transaction that happens every month. You'll see an option in most Transaction Windows that gives you the option to either add that transaction to the list, or select an existing recurring transaction to work from. The next group deals with your employees: Payroll Categories, Superannuation Funds; and Employment Classifications, and these work in the same way as well. When you make a Superannuation contribution you'll be asked to choose from the contents of this List. We're going to skip Custom Lists, Fields, and Identifiers At this stage, because we're going to cover them in the next lesson, so let's move on to Sales and Purchases information. We have: Comments; Shipping Methods; Referral Sources; and Payment Methods, and just like the Customers and Tax Codes from earlier on in this lesson, they determine the options that appear in the Sales and Purchases Windows. So, we'll go back to making a new sale and the Comments Field will appear here, the Shipping Method here, and the Referral Source and Payment Method here. So, with the exception of Custom Lists that wraps up the subject of Lists in MYOB. As I mentioned before, we don't usually access these directly from the Menu, but it's good to know where they all are and how to access them quickly if you want to add or edit List items. So, let's move on to the next lesson.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.