So we're picking up right where we left off. We have modified our Route Map from OSPF into EIGRP. We've set a Deny Statement to match this tag so that routes are not Redistributed in a huge loop. Now we're going to change the OSPF Route Map using the same logic. However, since we have multiple Tags that we're matching here, this Permit or more accurately this Deny Statement here is a little different and it's, it's logical how it's set up but it's still a little different. So we'll do Config T. We will do Route Map EIGRP to OSPF. I'll just copy it from there. We'll do Deny 5. In this case we're going to have multiple arguments with the Match Section. So we'll do Match Tag, in this case we're going to Match Tag 100 or 200 or 500 or 250 and that's a valid argument there. When you set up like this, that's exactly how I set it as I was typing it. Match Tag 100 or 200 or 500 or 250. If you put the Match Statements on separate lines, then that means all of this has to Match at the same time. So if you had Match Tag 100 and then on the next line Match Tag 200, then on the next line Match Tag 500. Then that means whatever route fit this Deny criteria would have to match all of those at the same time and obviously we don't have any routes that match all of the Tags at the same time. It's going to only have one Tag even though a route can have multiple Tags on it, none of our routes do. So we Match Tag 100, 200, 500 or 250 and that's it. It's the same logic that we had with the other Route Map and so now that we've modified our 1, let's go and make the same modifications on R2. So we'll do Show Run Section Route Map, so I just can copy it between the two. So we'll grab this first section here and go over to Router 2 and do Config T, right-click and put those commands in there, go back to Router 1 and grab the same thing for the OSPF Route Map. Exit from here, right-click and put the other one in there and now that we've done this, let's check our Routing Tables to make sure we haven't just broken our network right in half. So we'll go here, we'll do Show IP Routes, we're still getting these EIGRP external routes. We'll go over to Corp 1, let's make sure that we're still getting the OSPF external routes. And we are and they're still Load Balanced exactly as we would expect. So we've moved right along, right down our lab objectives. We're now coming into the home stretch. We've done the first four, now we just have twenty percent of our lab left to do. Luckily it's the simplest part or one of the simplest parts. We're going to manipulate the Administrative Distance. And you'll recall the Administrative Distance is this first number right here, this 170 in this case, because that's the Administrative Distance for external EIGRP routes. So the objective says traffic from Corp 2 should prefer the link between R1 and Corp 1. Adjust Administrative Distances to prefer this link over the link between R2 and Corp 1. So basically what we're saying is and we have traffic that comes from Corp 2, it should go up to R2 over to R1 and then up to Corp 1. It should not just take this shortest link here and there may be several logical reasons for doing that. Let's say that this is a segment that's got a lot of traffic on it so even though this is a longer route around this way, this is still going to be quicker because there's less traffic on this link versus this link. Or maybe we just like this one better, who knows? Or perhaps this is traffic that we're wanting to send through this segment so that a Data Security or a IT Security department can siphon of this traffic and see what's coming from Corp 2. Regardless of the business or technical reason, we have to send all the traffic from Corp 2 out this router. Now Corp 1, where, we don't care how it gets down here to Corp 2, it can take either of these links and in the absence of outside influences it will take the shortest link. It'll go right here to R2 and right out to Corp 2. Now there are other ways you can do this. You can set a Policy Map and a Route Map over here that says when you see traffic coming from here, you, you send it to it's next hop of .1. However the lab doesn't way that we can do that, the objective says that we have to modify the Administrative Distance. So let's talk a little bit about Administrative Distance. Now I'll go over here to router 2, since that's where we're going to have to adjust it anyway. Administrative Distance is this first number that is listed here for each individual route. This is the Metric, obviously 65 is the OSPF Metric that it's learning. This is the Metric for the Redistributed Routes coming in through EIGRP. Now the Administrative Distance is basically how believable our routing protocol is. In this case, if you have two routes, let's say we had two routes to the 10.10.1 network. One that was learned through OSPF and one that was learned through EIGRP. If we had both of these routes here, it would prefer the route learned by EIGRP because it is a more reliable protocol, it's a more believable protocol. So basically if we look at this network over here, we have to adjust the Administrative Distance of router 2 to say external OSPF routes have a lower Administrative Distance than my EIGRP routes that I've learned right here. And that way it will say, well this is the lower Admin Distance, this is the way I'm going to go, this is the route I'm going to put in the Routing Table. So I'm going to go this way and then back over into Corp. Now we'll do that in the next video and we'll verify that it actually did as we expected.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.