So we're setting up the second leg of our Redistribution. We're Redistributing from OSPF into EIGRP here on Router 1. We've set up our Route Map and so now let's go into EIGRP and Redistribute on this guy. So Router EIGRP 1, 2, 3, 4. We'll Redistribute OSPF Process 1. We're going to say Route Map and we're going to say OSPF to EIGRP and see if there's any other commands here and there's not. We are Matching in the, in the Route Map. So we'll hit Enter there. Let's see if that did it. Go over here to Corp 1, do Show IP Route and look at that. We're getting external EIGRP routes for the three networks down here exactly as we'd expect. We're getting them from 10.100.1.2 which is Router 1 and we're only getting them from that router because we haven't set up the Redistribution on Router 2 yet. Once we do that, we should start getting Load Balanced routes. But let's look at one of these external routes. So we'll do Show IP Route 192.168.12.0. There's the Route Tag we've got set, there's the Load, the Reliability, there's the Delay. It added some to the Delay because it had to cross these Serial Links here. There's the minimum Bandwidth so it's Redistributing using the Route Map that we set up into EIGRP. So we'll do a Show, we're actually going to have to do, Do because we're not in Config Mode. So we'll Do Show Run slash Section Route Map. And we're going to pull out this Route Map from this guy, oh there's no Route Map on Corp 1 what am I thinking? We'll Do Show Run Section Route Map and there's our Route Map for OSPF to EIGRP. You'll notice that it gave us a Sequence Number of ten, even though we didn't specify one. But that's the one by default, so we'll copy that out, move over here to Router 2, set this up. We'll do Exit, we'll go into Router EIGRP 1234, Redistribute OSPF one Route Map OSPF to EIGRP and hit Enter. Now if we go up to Corp 1 we should be getting Load Balanced routes from both routers and we are because both of the routes have the same Metric because they're all coming from the same place with the same Route Map having the same Metric applied to them, no matter where they actually come from down here. So now we have completely completed the first three objectives. We've set up the routing protocol, we've Redistributed from EIGRP into OSPF and from OSPF into EIGRP using the parameters that are specified here. Now to number four, filter the route updates using predefined Tags to prevent Route Update Loops. Now right now we don't have any Route Update Loops, we can go to both routers and we can do Show IP Route and we're not getting multiple copies of the same routes because they're going back and forth between the routing protocols. However, that may not always be the case. OSPF and EIGRP are generally pretty good about not creating a loop like that, but if you get some of the routing protocols that may not be as intelligent as some of these like EIGRP or RIP then you may have to actually use these Tags to filter the Route Updates. And besides it's, it's good practice to do and it's a, it's a realistic scenario. So let's think about this here on our graphic. We are Redistributing and we'll take the easier of the two, which is from OSPF into EIGRP. So anything that's coming from OSPF into EIGRP is being Tagged with a route of 500. So that means if there's a route that's over here in the EIGRP routing domain and it has a Tag of 500 on it, then we automatically know that it was Redistributed from OSPF and so once it goes back into OSPF we need to filter out any routes that have this Tag of 500. So this is where we modify our Route Maps to add this line in there right above the Permit All. So let's go over here to our 1 and there is our Route Map, it just happens to be up there. So here it is from OSPF into EIGRP so we've got a Permit ten here. So let's go into Config Mode and let's add a Deny Statement before that Permit, because obviously we're permitting everything at this point. So we'll do Config T, we'll do Route Map OSPF to EIGRP. We'll do Deny 5 because we want to deny any routes that match this Tag before we permit everything here. So we've got Deny 5, we're going to Match, if I can type, we're going to Match Tag 500. And that's it. We Exit from here and if we look at the Route Map, I'll Exit and do a Show Run Section Route Map, we now see that we have a Deny 5 up here at the beginning so if it matches Tag 500 it's going to deny it, otherwise it's going to fall into this Route Map OSPF to EIGRP and it's going to permit it and Set the Metric such as this. So we'll pick this up again in the next video. We'll modify the other Route Map and we'll do the same thing over on our R2 and verify that we didn't break our routing in the next video.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.