So let's continue configuring our Route Maps. So we've set up Access Lists that we're going to match in the Route Maps and so now in Global Config Mode we're going to set up the Route Map and then finally we're going Redistribute routes from EIGRP into ESPF using this Route Map. So it's kind of like those little Russian nesting dolls. You got to have A before you can do B before you can do C and so on and so forth. So let's set up Route Map, if we hit Question Mark, we have to give the Route Map a name or a Tag. It can be anything you want, it can be Bob or Sally or Suzie or it can actually reflect what the Route Map is used for. I recommend the latter so in this case we'll do EIGRP to OSPF. Now we hit the Question Mark and we are presented with either a Sequence Number to Insert Delete from the Route Map entry or we can just say Deny or Permit. Now if you just Enter you automatically get a Sequence Number of ten and each Sequence Number can only take a single action. Now I know the first time I set up Route Map, I just put or I tried to put all of my Match IP Address, this that and other and set this and set that and set the other and then when I exited, it only took the last command because you can match on multiple IP addresses but you can only do one Tag or one Set or anything like that against that Access List. In this case, we're going to give it a sequence number. So EIGRP to OSPF 10, oop, we need to actually say Permit and then the sequence number. And if you just hit Enter, it starts you off at 10 and you can build from there. So we'll do Route Map EIGRP to OSPF. We're permitting and the Sequence Number is ten. So now, now that we're in the Route Map configuration, we have the two basic options, we're going to be using which is Match and Set. Basically, you're going to say Permit Ten for this section of the Route List, Match this and once you Match this, then you Set that. So in this case, we're going to say Match and we can Match MPLS Labels, Metrics, Tags, all kinds of nice stuff. We'll be using Tag later on when we modify these Route Maps. So in this case we're going to Match on IP information and we're matching the IP address. So we'll Match IP Address and what Access List number we're wanting to match. So in this case we're Matching IP Access List 1 and if I recall that has to have a cost of 100 and a tag of ten. That works 10.10.1, it should have a cost of 100 and a tag of ten. So now we're going to Set and we can Set all kinds of things. We can Set BGP Attributes. We can set the Metrics, the Metrics Types, the MPLS Label if we're passing it out to an MPLS network. In this case, we're just going to set the Metric. So we're going to do Set Metric and the first value is the Bandwidth and Kilobytes per second or the Metric Value. Since at this point the Route Map doesn't know what Metric you're using, it can be just the cost or the bandwidth, and obviously the Bandwidth and Delay and Load and all that other stuff is for EIGRP and we'll see that when we set up the Route Map to go from EIGRP into OSPF. So in this case, we're going to set the Metric of 100 and we don't need to set any other Metric so we'll hit Enter. Then we'll also set Tag ten. So that's what we're going to do for the first set of networks in our Route Maps. We're going to Exit and then we'll go up here and we'll say Route Map EIGRP to OSPF Permit and we're going to say section 20 because we're going to take a different action on the next set of networks. So Permit 20, we're going to Match IP address 2 which is the 10.10.3 network, for the 10.10.3 network we will need to have a cost of 200 and a Tag of twenty. So Set Metric 200 Set Tag 20 Exit and go back up here and we'll go into Permit 30, Permit the next set of networks, should have a cost of 500 and a Tag of 55. And that is Access List 3. So we'll do Match IP Address three, Set Metric 500, Set Tag, is it 55? I have a bad memory and a Tag of 55, that's. Right. So Tag 55, we're going to Exit and now we're going to set up that Deny. Remember we're denying Access List 4, which is Permit 10.10.6.0. So in this case we're going to do Route Map, EIGRP to OSPF and we're going to Deny 40. In this case we're denying things that were matching. So in the Deny Mode, we'll go ahead and hit Question Mark and so you can actually set things when you're in Deny Mode. I don't know why you'd necessarily want to do that. In this case we're going to do Match IP Address four and that's it. We're just denying it outright, so we don't care what the Metric or the cost or the Tag or anything else is. We're not even distributing it over into OSPF. So now we'll exit from this and we're going to set the last one here which is Permit 50. And this is the last Permit Statement and so this will be the one that applies to all of the other routes that don't match any of the other statements. In this case, all other networks should have a cost of 250 and a Tag of 25. So we're going to Set Metric 250, Set Tag 25. And we'll Exit. Now we'll do a Show Run Section Route Map and there is our Route Map. We've got all of the Permit Statements, the Deny and this last one that effects everything else. So we're going to copy this out and put it in Notepad just so we can put it into Router 2 as well. We, we don't need that last line. And in the next video we're going to apply this to our Redistribution Command.
|Course:||Implementing Cisco IP Routing (642-902 ROUTE)|
|Duration:||10 hrs / 105 lessons|
|Captions:||Available on CD and Online University|
WIN XP SP3, OS X 6+, Android 4, iOS 4, Linux
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.