Welcome back into OSPF Setup. We've just set up OSPF on our two WAN interfaces here. Now we're in the process of setting up OSPF on our LAN networks as well as our Loop back Interfaces. So this is the one way of configuring OSPF networks using the OSPF Network Command just like you would with EIGRP or, or RIP or just about any other network or routing protocol. However this is another way to do this and again, both ways are, are equally valid. I prefer the second way but again you need to know the Network Command for the exam. So we'll exit out back to the Main Config Mode and we'll go into the Interface Configuration Mode for our Fast Ethernet Interface. Fast Ethernet one zero, so we'll do Interface Fast Ethernet zero one, I'm sorry Fast Ethernet one zero and on this interface we could actually do IP OSPF put in the Process ID, one, Process ID one, Area 0 and hit Enter. And that tells the router, you take any networks that are valid on this Ethernet Interface and put them into OSPF. Again that works pretty well if you know exactly what interfaces you want to put in there. If you've got, you know, 50 interfaces on a router, obviously you'll want to Network Command and just get all 50 of them, all at once, assuming that, if you've got that many interfaces on a router, it's a Frame Relay hub or it's a service provider aggregation point. This is a good enough time to talk about the OSPF Area format. Now you'll notice when I hit the Question Mark up here for OSPF one Area Question Mark, we had the option of OSPF Area as a decimal value or OSPF Area ID in an IP address format. Again, both are valid. In this case, the actual OSPF Area ID would be 0.0.0.0 since we're giving it an Area ID of all zeros but as you'll recall, an IPv4 IP address is really a 32-bit number. Eight bits for each of the four octets and so if you wanted to, you could take any number between zero and 4.2 billion or whatever that number there is and convert it to an IP address by converting this number here to binary and then breaking up those binary bits into sections of eight bits each and then making an IP address out of those four sections of eight bits. And to kind of go off on a tangent, if you deal with SQL database like MySQL or Microsoft SQL, a lot of them will actually store IP addresses as this decimal value and in fact MySQL has a function to convert back and forth between that decimal value but we're not talking about MySQL, we're talking about, Cisco routing. At any rate most OSPF configurations, most OSPF implementations will use the OSPF Area ID as a decimal but it is important to know that you can actually specify an IP address format for an OSPF Area ID. So some of the documentation and some of the sample labs you'll find on the Internet and some of the ones that I found in, in preparation of this, that I based some of these labs on actually say configure OSPF Area 126.96.36.199 for example and you know, you could take that and convert it to a decimal value but just be aware that you can actually specify it either way. So anyway, back to the task at hand, finishing setting up OSPF. We've now configured OSPF on our corporate router, we haven't done the Loopback Interfaces but we just want to get the routers communicating on their management addresses if you will, the WAN addresses and the LAN address here in our corporate office and then we'll put the loopbacks in here once we get all that working. So we'll exit out of Config Mode here and we're going to verify that the networks we think are routed in OSPF are actually are routed in OSPF. So we do Show IP Protocols where our routing protocol is OSPF one. And it says we are routing for networks 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 Area 0 and we are actually routing in interfaces configured explicitly on Fast Ethernet one zero. And that's why I did both of the commands just so you could see it both ways. Now in most exams, since the exams lag behind the current most latest and greatest IOS version by a, a little bit anyway, you'll probably only see routing for networks et cetera, you'll only see the Network Commands on the exams, but I wanted to show you both ways just in case you do happen to get an updated exam version or an updated question and, and you see it both ways. So now what we're going to do, is we're going to set up OSPF on our Tennessee, Georgia and our LAN Routers here. Now the first thing I'm going to do on this router is debug IP OSPF adjacency. This way, as new routers come in to the OSPF Setup, we can actually see the adjacency's form and the neighbors come up and function properly. So let's go over here to Tennessee Router and we'll do the same thing. Go into Config Mode, Router OSPF One. In this case, we only have a single WAN address, so we'll do network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.252, whoops I forgot the area. Area 0, after a few seconds you'll see OSPF five adjacency change, process one number 10.10.3.1 and we'll talk about this number here, well it's the Router ID basically, from loading to full, loading done, so now we have these two routers as OSPF neighbors. If we look over here on the Corp Router we can see all the stuff that happened. Hey I received the DBD, remember 2-Way communications, Exstart and Exchange and then it finally builds the adjacency as it exchanges the LSAs for Area 0. Alright, so we're well on our way to getting OSPF up and running. We'll pick it up in the next video.
|Course:||Implementing Cisco IP Routing (642-902 ROUTE)|
|Duration:||10 hrs / 105 lessons|
|Captions:||Available on CD and Online University|
WIN XP SP3, OS X 6+, Android 4, iOS 4, Linux
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.