So we're in the process of getting Access 2 and ISP 2 talking to one another. We have set up the Loopback addresses on back Access 2 and ISP 2. They're routing Load Balanced over these two T1s. So now let's go through the configuration that's necessary to make these two Routers talk to one another. Now the configuration is a little tricky but it makes logical sense all the steps you have to go through when it's explained to you as am about to do. So we'll start off on the Access 2 Router. First we'll hit IP BGP and we'll make sure that we're not actually seeing those networks some other way and we're not, we're not seeing the 150.10 11 or 12 networks. We see the 50 networks and if you look at the I, it might look like a one, and it tricked me a little bit when I was first setting this lab up, but we're seeing the 50. We don't see any of the 150 networks because they're not being distributed into BGP. So the first thing we'll do is we'll set up a Neighbor between Access 2 and ISP 2 and we'll set it up to the Loopback that's on ISP 2, that 22.214.171.124 address. So we'll go into Config T, we'll do Router BGP 12. We'll do Neighbor 126.96.36.199, Remote AS will be 50 if I remember right, yes it's AS 50. So Remote AS is 50 and now we have to set two more Neighbor Commands as well. If we just set up Neighbor 188.8.131.52 on the ISP 2 side the Neighbor Relationship would never form and there's two reasons for this. Number one the BGP RFC states that External BGP Peers can be no more than one hop away from each other and you might look at this and say well they are only one hop away. They're directly connected via these two T1s. But remember we're using Loopback Interfaces and so technically the packet is originating on a Loopback Interface that's on Access 2. It goes through Access 2 over to ISP 2 and then out the Loopback Interface on ISP 2. So technically they're two hops away from each other. Unless we configure BGP to allow these Peers to communicate over more than the hop, then the BGP Neighbor Relationship will never form. And we do this using the EBGP Multihop argument on the Neighbor Command. So Neighbor 184.108.40.206 EBGP Multihop and you can set the maximum hop count up to 255 and if you don't specify a number here then it assumes a maximum hop count of 255. That's kind of dangerous in my opinion and the reason why is that say for whatever reason you see this 1.1.1 address coming around this way as well. So you could technically form a Neighbor Relationship going around this way as well as across this T1 connection. Now obviously this Access 2 Router will always prefer this connection rather than going all the way this way, but you are actually doubling the load on the Access 2 Router. So I would say that the EBGP Multihop Command never needs to be set more than about four or five, we'll set it to five in this case. So now we've told Neighbor 220.127.116.11, it's Remote Autonomous System is 50 and you can be up to five hops away and there's one more command that we have to put in the Neighbor Configuration before it will work. And we'll go back to the Neighbor 18.104.22.168 hit the Question Mark and the command we're looking for is the Update Source. Now unless we specify the Update Source this Router's going to say oh well 2, 22.214.171.124 is directly across this T1 link so I'm going to source my updates from this Serial Interface, one or the other, the .6 or the .2. It's going to hit ISP 2, it's going to see the Update coming from not 126.96.36.199 but coming from one of these Serial Interfaces and ISP 2's going to say, well that's not configured as a BGP Neighbor so I'm just going to reject the packet. If you were to go and debug the ISP 2 packets, the BGP packets on ISP 2 then you'd actually see the Commands Connection Refused by Remote Peer. Basically saying the other Router said you're not configured for that IP address and so I'm just going to ignore you. So in this case, we will do Update Source and we'll say the Update Source for Neighbor 188.8.131.52 will be 184.108.40.206 and that's going to be the interface that it sends it's BGP Updates and Hello requests and the other things from there. Well I obviously boofed that up. Update Source, that's right, we have to specify an interface, not just an IP address. In this case we'll do Update Source Loopback 1. And let's make sure that, that is the right IP address. Do Show IP Interface Brief, yes so Loopback 1 is the 220.127.116.11 address. So now the Access 2 Peer is configured. Let's go over to ISP 2 and set it up. We're going to use pretty much the same commands only obviously we're going to reference the other ones IP address, the Access 2 IP address. So Config T, we'll do Router BGP 50. We'll do Neighbor 18.104.22.168, Remote AS will be 12. Neighbor 22.214.171.124 EBGP Multihop 5 and then we'll say the Update Source will be Loopback 1. While we're in here we will also configure the networks the Loopback Networks that are on this Router. 150.10.1 150.11.1 and 150.12.1. So we'll do Network 126.96.36.199 255.255.255.0, I always forget that Mask Command. Mask 255.255.255.0. You see our Neighbor finally came up, it took it a little bit. So we'll advertise this network, the 11. network and the 12. network into NGP using the Network Commands. And we'll pick up with our routing exercise in the next video.
|Course:||Implementing Cisco IP Routing (642-902 ROUTE)|
|Duration:||10 hrs / 105 lessons|
|Captions:||Available on CD and Online University|
WIN XP SP3, OS X 6+, Android 4, iOS 4, Linux
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.