We're still working on getting all of our networks into BGP. We've got all of our networks into BGP but we still can't Ping from Access 2 to the ISP 1 Router and the more astute among you may have already figured out why. I purposely led you down this path just to show you some of the troubleshooting that you have to do when you implement BGP and you implement Multi ISP BGP and then they'll be some other situations, it's just about exactly like this further down the road when we talk about how to prevent you from becoming an ISP basically. So if we look on the Route Table for ISP 1 and we do Show IP Route, we've got routes going to 192.168 networks and the 10.20 networks via 126.96.36.199. However we can't get there from Access 2. If we do a Trace Route we see that the packets stop at 10.20.2.1. Well that's our Core 1 Router, so if we go over here to Core 1, we do Enable, Show IP Route. Well this guy doesn't know how to get back to the 50.1.1 network. Now we could go into the process of Redistributing BGP routes back into OSPF and that is a valid way of fixing this particular issue, however, I want to demonstrate something later down the path, so what I'm going to do, is I'm simply going to put a static route on the Core 1 Router and tell it, you hand all of your data off to Access 1. Now I'll kind of pull back the curtain here as we get further down the line, we will eventually Redistribute BGP into OSPF because I'm intentionally creating a situation where we're going to have a Routing Loop later on. But again, I'm just walking down the path of someone who may not understand how all this stuff works and taking a lot of the steps that I've seen network engineers or network administrators try to do throughout my career to fix these type of problems. Well, okay, Core 1 needs to be able to get to this guy so let's just set a static route. So we'll do exactly that. Config T, we'll do IP Route 0.0.0.0 with the Prefix Mask 0.0.0.0 and we will send it to the next hop address which is 10.20.1.2, 10.20.1.2. So now we do a Show IP Route, we now have a Gateway of Last Resort to network 0.0.0.0. We have that static route there that's it's learned via itself. So now let's go back to Access 2, do this Trace Route again and hey we can get to 188.8.131.52 it even shows you that it's an Autonomous System 127 because it understands BGP, the Access 2 Router does. So now we can go from Access 2 to ISP 1. We should in theory also be able to go from ISP 1, well that command, I guess is not in the history, from ISP 1 over to Access 2. We'll try to Ping 10.20.2.2. Ping 10.20.2.2 and we can go from ISP 1 over to Access 2. So now let's go further down the list. We'll save this Access 2 link over on this side of the network for the next section of videos because you'll notice that this guy has two Serial Links between Access 2 and ISP 2 and so therefore we have to configure BGP a little differently on this side. Let's configure the link between ISP 1 and Customer 1. Let's Redistribute these 50.10 11 and 12 networks and these 10.5 networks into BGP and make sure that we get from Customer 1 all the way up to at least Access 1. So we'll go over to ISP 1 and we're going to do Show IP BGP. We see there's all the networks that we're learning about via BGP. So let's go ahead and interface, Show Interface Brief. Let's go ahead and put this 184.108.40.206 slash 30 network into BGP. So Config T, we'll Router BGP 127, Network 220.127.116.11 with a Mask of 255.255.255.252. While we're at it, we're also going to set up Redistribution on this guy. We're going to Redistribute all of our connected networks. So we'll Redistribute basically these three Loopback Interfaces into BGP as well. So we'll do Redistribute and we'll say Connected and if we wanted to we could specify a Metric or a Route Map. In this case we won't do either of one of those, we'll just Redistribute all of the connected networks into BGP. So now we do Show IP BGP on this guy, we are not Redistributing them quite yet, because again BGP takes awhile to converge. So let's pause for a few seconds and let BGP catch up. And there you have it, we're now Redistributing all of these 50. networks into BGP via ISP 1. Let's go over to Access 2, do Show IP BGP on this guy and let's see what he sees as far as those networks and it shows that they're all valid networks and it is the best route to all of those networks by virtue of that little carrot that you see there and so as a result, these networks should be making it into the Routing Table. So Show IP Route and there's all of those beautiful BGP routes going to 10.1 and 12.1 and 11.1 networks in the, the 50. network. So let's do Ping 18.104.22.168, we can actually Ping there. If we do a Trace Route 22.214.171.124 it shows us that we go to the Core Router and then out to the Access 1 and then it shows us that, that network is being advertised through AS 127. So we'll continue putting the rest of the networks down this path of our network or down this side of our network in the next video.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.