So we're continuing on with our BGP Configuration. Now we're going to move onto configuring IBGP. We're going to configure IBGP between Access 1 and Access 2. Now you might be looking at the Network Diagram and say well Access 1 and Access 2 aren't directly connected, they're on two different IP Subnets, how can they be neighbors? Your neighbors have to be directly connected. Right. Well when you're talking about EIGRP and OSPF and other IGPs, yes they do have to be directly connected. However, we're not talking about those, we're running BGP and BGP as you'll recall just uses TCP for it's transport assuming that you can Ping from Access 1 to Access 2, you can establish a BGP Neighbor Relationship between these two Routers. But first let's verify that we can actually Ping between them and I know we can because I set up the lab. We'll go on Access 1 and we'll Ping 10.20.2.2 from Access 1. Ping 10.20.2.2 and there you go, you can Ping through the Core 1 Router over to Access 2. So now let's set up IBGP between these two Routers. We'll open up the Console on this guy first, we'll configure this end and then we'll go back over to Access 1. So we'll go onto this guy, go into Enable, Config T, Router BGP 12, since we're are on Autonomous System 12 on this guy. Now we're going to do Neighbor, Neighbor and in this case the Neighbor will be 10.20.1.2. Neighbor 10.20.1.2 and even though we're in the same Autonomous System, if we just hit Enter here, it's going to say Incomplete Command. We have to specify the Remote AS saying the other guy is an Autonomous System 12 and at that point the BGP process says, well his Autonomous System is the same as mine so I'm running IBGP and we'll change the way the rules work a little bit. So we'll do Remote AS 12. Now that we've got Access 2 configured, we'll do Show IP BGP Summary just to make sure that it is looking for the other guy. And he's out there looking. Now again, Access 1 is already running BGP however since you have to manually configure the neighbor, it's looking at the BGP Requests coming in from Access 2 and saying well I don't know who you are. Your, your not a neighbor of mine, I, I've never heard of you before and so I'm not going to establish a Neighbor Relationship with you and again going back to the overview video, that's by design and it's by a good thing, otherwise, you know, someone with a misconfigured BGP Router at a customer site somewhere, someone who really, really wants to learn about BGP could just Peer with an ISP and you know, well there goes the Internet. So let's go back over to Access 1 and set up Access 2 as a neighbor. So go over to Access 1, Config T, Router BGP 12, we'll do Neighbor 10.20.2.2, Remote AS 12. And so now as we've mentioned, we have to wait for BGP to come up. Again this may take a few seconds, so I'll just pause the video until the neighbor adjacency establishes and then we'll carry on. Alright, so you see that it finally established. If we go in here and we redo Show IP BGP Summary we see that it's been up for sixteen seconds now and we've received no prefixes and we're communicating with this guy. Shows that he's on Autonomous System 12. However, we're still not trading routes via BGP. We'll do Show IP Route, obviously we only routes we're learning about are directly connected or via OSPF and in fact if we just issue the Command Show IP BGP, we see there's nothing in the BGP table at all. We got neighbors, we're communicating. In Access 1 we're actually communicating with multiple Autonomous Systems but we're still not sending routes around the network. We'll get to it never fear. In fact, let's go ahead now and Redistribute our Internal Routes into our IBGP Session. Now obviously the first thing we want to do is, we want to set up a Route Map because we don't want for the time being our Internal Routes to leak out to our ISP Routers. And if we just flat out set up Redistribution then once it gets into BGP it'll end up on all of the Routers that BGP knows about. But let's say that we just forgot about that, we're, we're going to go in and say, well we're just going to Redistribute our networks into BGP. Let's just do that and see what happens. So we'll go here to Access 1, that's where we'll do Redistribution at, we'll actually do it on Access 2 as well. So we'll go into Config Mode, Config T, do Router BGP 12 and we're going to use the Network Command. Now the Network Command works a little differently in BGP than it does with other Internal Gateway Protocols. See before, I, I could say well I want to advertise everything that starts with 192.168 so I could put in 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255. That won't work in BGP. First off BGP doesn't use the, the Bit Mask, it actually uses the Network Mask. So even if we were to substitute that correctly, 255.255.0.0 that will not actually advertise any networks into BGP. The reason why is that if you're going to specify a network, you've got Auto Summary turned off, first off, but if you're going to specify a network, you have to match the Network Mask exactly. So I would have to use the Network Command 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 and do each one of these networks individually. So now that we've gone over the basics of how the Network Command works, we'll save that all for the next video.
|Course:||Implementing Cisco IP Routing (642-902 ROUTE)|
|Duration:||10 hrs / 105 lessons|
|Captions:||Available on CD and Online University|
WIN XP SP3, OS X 6+, Android 4, iOS 4, Linux
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.