Welcome in to the more advanced of our OSPF Labs. If you remember on the first lab we just basically set up OSPF on a, on a Broadcast Network on a Point-to-Point network and you know, we, we set up the networks and it just kind of worked. In this lab, we're going to do things a little more differently. We've got a much more complex Network Infrastructure and there it is. It's got six routers in it and a bunch of Frame Relay Switches in the middle of them and we're going to through this lab, just kind of take a tour, take a look at the objectives for the lab and then we're going to jump right in and we're going, we're going to see OSPF works on all of these various NBMA technologies. So the first you'll notice is that we have three areas, Area 0, Area 42 and the infamous Area 51 over here on the right. We have two ABRs for the West and the East and each of these areas uses a different type a technology. This area up here, Area 0, the backbone area, we use the Non-Broadcast type of network topology. This will use the Point-to-Multipoint and this will use the Point-to-Point and by doing this you'll see each of the different types of topologies and how they all work together and how you have to configure each of them differently. Now as with the other labs we've done, there are objectives for this lab and so look over them real quick. OSPF Lab two objectives. The first objective is configure OSPF routing in Areas 0 and 42 using the Default OSPF network types ie no IP OSPF Network Commands may be used on any routers in these areas. The East router should be configured as the RFC standard Point-to-Multipoint Network type, so it's this area here. This Area 51 will be the Point-to-Multipoint Network type but no other routers in Area 51 maybe configured with an IP OSPF Network Command. Number two configure the hub routers for each of the Multi-point areas as the DR for that area. Now that's, that's kind of a trick objective because there's really only one Multi-point Network that uses a DR and that's this top network up here, in Area 0. You'll recall the Point-to-Multipoint, both the Broadcast and the Non-Broadcast Variance of that network type, they don't use a Designated Router or a Backup Designated Router, so we're going to configure the Designated Router properly, we're going to force a specific router up here in Area 0 to be the DR. Number three, advertise the Loopback Interface on each router into OSPF. Each one of these routers has a single Loopback Interface, the Loopback Network maybe advertised into any area. So for our Area Border Routers here we can take it's Loopback and advertise it into areas down here or up into Area 0, whichever strikes our fancy at the time. Number four there is a hidden configuration issue with this lab. Correct the issue without changing the underlying Frame Relay Configuration. You might have a bit of a clue given the fact that you can't change the underlying Frame Relay Configuration and by not changing that configuration, I mean you can't go into this Frame Relay Switch and set up new DLCIs and everything like that. You could set up new maps and everything, but I may have said too much already. We'll run across the hidden configuration issue when we start to do objective five, which is verify that the router in Area 42, this Dallas router down here can Ping the Loopback Interfaces on the routers in Area 51. So once this lab is up and running and working like it should, we should be able to Ping Boston and Newark's Loopback IP addresses from the Dallas router. So all that being said let's dive right in. We're going to start up here with our Broadcast type of network and that's in Area 0. So we'll go onto our HQ router and we'll go into Privileged Exec Mode. First thing we'll do is Show IP Interface Brief just so I know what interfaces we're dealing with. There's our Frame Relay Interface, 192.168.1.1, there's our Loopback Interface, 22.214.171.124. So the first thing we do, go into Config Mode, Config T, do Router OSPF 1 and that starts up OSPF Configuration Mode and we're going to specify the Router IDs on all of these routers. It's honestly a good habit to get into, because you'll recall that the Router ID could change if your Loopback address or changes or if OSPF reloads and there's a, a new interface out there that you weren't counting on and the Router ID comes into play when you're setting up Virtual Links and you don't want this Router ID changing so we're going to specify it for all the routers in this configuration, just to get in that habit. So we'll do Router ID 126.96.36.199 even though that is the Router ID it would have picked by default, we're going, we're going to force the issue. Now the next thing we're going to do is we're just going to advertise our two networks into OSPF. So we'll do the 192.168 and the 1.1 network. So we'll do Network 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.255, whoops, forgot the Area 0. Area 0 and we'll do Network 188.8.131.52 0.0.0.0 Area 0. So now that that's done, we'll write our config just to be on the safe side and now we'll move onto the West and the East routers and we'll do pretty much the same thing on them. So we'll go over here to West, I'll go into Privileged Exec Mode, Config T, whoops, first we'll do Show IP Interface Brief and there's our Frame Relay Interface for Area 0. Obviously the West and the East routers are ABRs so it has in interface in both areas. In this case we're interested in the interface on the East router that's in this network and that is serial 0 slash 0.1. So we will do Router OSPF 1. We will set the Router ID, we'll force the issue to be 184.108.40.206. So we'll do Router ID 220.127.116.11, do Network 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255. I always forget the area command when I'm doing OSPF, I, I don't deal with OSPF nearly as much as I should and we'll do Network 18.104.22.168 0.0.0.0 Area 0. And we'll pick up with our lab in the next video.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.