Alright, we're going to wrap up our EIGRP Lab in this video by going over the final exam objective or the final lab objective. Configure the Central Router to use 25 percent more bandwidth for EIGRP updates than the Default Settings. Now this type of question or this type of objective, really tests two pieces of knowledge. Number one, it tests that you know what the Default Bandwidth for EIGRP updates is and it also tests that you know how to change that EIGRP Bandwidth on a given interface. Unfortunately, the amount of bandwidth for EIGRP updates is just one of those things you have to memorize and it is 50 percent. EIGRP will, by default, use 50 percent of the available configured bandwidth on the interface. Of course the obvious reason for that is so that you'll still have room on your bandwidth pipe for user traffic to go through, even if EIGRP is really busy. And obviously that is a good objective to have. Obviously, if you don't have users using your network, then it's just a bunch of blinky boxes connected with wires but there are some situations where you would need tell EIGRP to use more bandwidth. Now let's take a look at our topology here as an example. Now let's say for the sake of argument that all of these routers are on the same Frame Relay Network. They're not divided in two like they are here in our actual lab and you have one 768k Frame Relay Connection into the Frame Relay Cloud for all four of these sites. Well EIGRP will use 50 percent of the 768k available bandwidth or 384k for all four sites or for updates to all four sites. And as you can see that can cause some route convergence problems especially if you have a big EIGRP event, say a router goes down or a link goes down and you've got all these EIGRP packets flying all across the network and they all have to come through central because it is the, the hub of spoke and hub configuration. So let's go in and change the amount of Bandwidth on the Central Router for both of these Frame Relay interfaces actually. Now we want to use 25 percent more bandwidth for EIGRP updates so if we have 50 percent by default then we want to tell EIGRP to use 75 percent of it's available bandwidth or up to 75 percent of it's available bandwidth for EIGRP updates on our network. So if we go here to Central, the first thing I'll always do, is do a Show IP Interface Brief and let's us know what interfaces are actually being used. In this case, we're using serial 0 slash 0 and serial zero slash 2.9. So now we go onto both of those interfaces and tell EIGRP to use 75 percent of the bandwidth, so go into Config Mode, do interface serial 0 / 0 and in this case we'll use the command IP we'll hit Question Mark, the command we're looking for is right there, bandwidth percent, so we'll do IP bandwidth percent EIGRP since that's the only routing protocol we've got running. The Autonomous System number which is AS 90 and the maximum bandwidth percentage the EIGRP may use. In this case, we're going to tell it 75 although you can go all the way up to you know a million percent if you want, although, although I've never ever seen a network, never ever really seen a need to use a million percent of the available bandwidth. I mean, why not just set it up to three or 400 percent, that would make sure you'd use as much as you need, but no, I guess if you're going to go big or home, then you can set it for a million. So in this case, we'll do that. IP bandwidth percent EIGRP 90 75. Now we used IP but you can also have different EIGRP percentages for IPX or Apple Talk or X25 or any of the protocols. If you hit Question Mark here you'll see some of the other commands in here if they're compiled into this particular version of the IOS and, and they're not, I, I thought they would be, but they're not here. But if you have IPX on a router, you can say IP, you'll only be able to use 25 percent, IPX can use 300 percent, because maybe you have a big IPX, a big Novel network. So now we've done it on that interface so we'll go into interface serial 0 slash 2.9 and we'll do IP bandwidth percent EIGRP 90 75. And that's it, we've accomplished the last objective here. So now let's crack and scramble our network. Now remember we talked about setting Manual Neighbor Statements and if you set one neighbor to manual then you have to set all the neighbors to manual. So let's go on our Central Router and let's say that we want to set up a Manual EIGRP Neighbor for this .2 even though it's discovered via broadcast. We say we have another router out here that can't be discovered via broadcast and we're going to set it up as manual. And we're just going to go in here in the middle of the day; okay well we're going to set up a Manual EIGRP Neighbor for 192.168.22.2. So we go here into the Central Router, Config T, Router EIGRP 90. We'll hit Question Mark just to make sure that the Neighbor Command is available to us and there's neighbor. So there's specify Neighbor Router so we'll do neighbor, neighbor address 192.168.22. We also have to specify the interface, in this case it's serial 0 slash 0 and we hit Enter. So now that we've gotten that Manual Neighbor Statement in there, you'll notice that our neighbors on that interface are down because we've configured a static peer. So now we have a peer with the North or we will here in a second but we will not have a peer with the East because EIGRP no longer sends Multicast packets on this serial 0 slash 0 interface and again if this is the middle of the day, you've just split your network in half and that's, that's kind of bad thing. So this shows you what happens when you enter a Manual Neighbor Statement. In this case we will just do No Neighbor 192.168.22.2, serial 00 and in a little bit, our adjacencies will come back up and that's it. We've completed all the objectives for our lab that concludes our discussion of our EIGRP Lab 3.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.