So welcome back in, we are in the middle of configuring EIGRP on our Frame Relay Network. We have configured the Central Router and now we're going to move onto configure our North Router. Now you'll notice the North Router only has three networks that it's advertising here and so our subnet mask for our Network Statements will be different as well as the North router only has this one network that it knows about, this single slash 29 network and so our Network Statements on the North and East will be markedly different than what's on the Central. So let's go over to the North and go ahead and configure it out. So we'll do enable and config T. We'll do Router EIGRP 90 and then we'll do network 10.2. whoop, 10.2.0.0 255.255.252.0 and we hit Enter. Okay now some people would think, well I put my Network Statement in there, I should be advertising this network over EIGRP, why haven't my Neighbor Adjacencies come up? We can go back over to Central and we can see, you know, there's no Neighbor Adjacencies here, we're not learning any routes, so why isn't this advertising it? Well a lot of people don't realize that this Network Statement not only says these are the networks that I'm going to advertise under EIGRP but only on these network interfaces will I send hello packets and so until we enter this 192.168.22 network here, the North Router will not form an adjacency with a Central. So let's go ahead and enter that in there now, so let's do network 192.168.22.0. The subnet mask of 255.255.255.248 and once we do that, the Network Adjacencies should come up and if we hit Control Z here, we look over on Central and we see that now, this neighbor is up with a new adjacency. We flip back over on North and it's come up as well now and so now if we do Show IP Route we should see routes from the Central and the North Router. And there's all the 10.1 networks that it knows about as well as all of the 192.168.22 networks. You'll notice there's the two advertisements that's coming from the Central even though they were combined into a single Network Statement. Similarly, if we go up to Central and do a Show IP Route here, we should see routes coming in via EIGRP, oh, we're getting this summary route see? I forgot to do the No Auto Summary and so now we're just getting this single 10.0 route from the North Router. Let's go back over to North and do No Auto Summary, I broke my own rule there, so Router EIGRP 90 No Auto Summary. Once we break the Auto Summarization you'll see that the neighbor goes down, because we've changed the way summarization happens on the network and in just a second, the neighbor will come back up and we should see all of the routes in the Central Router from the North route or from the North Router to be more specific. And if we wait about 60 seconds, there's our new adjacency. So we'll do Show IP Route now and now we're getting all of the properly advertised networks from the North. There's all of the individual 10.2.1, 2 and 3 networks that's being stuffed into the route table from the North Router. So now that, that's done, let's pop out here and write the config and we'll go over to the East Router and we'll do exactly the same thing or pretty much the same thing on that router as well. So we'll Enable and Config T, do Router EIGRP 90 do network 10.3.0.0 with a subnet mask of 255.255.252.0. We'll also do network, also, no auto, don't forget about that. Do network 192.168.22.0 255.255.255.248, hit Enter there. And we'll hop out and write the config while we're waiting for the router to come back up. So now that we see that the adjacency is up, let's go over here to Central. They've got a new adjacency up there on there 22.3 router. So we'll do Show IP Route up here and we should see routes from the 10.1, 2 and 3 networks in here and indeed we do. And if we go to the East Router and we do a Show IP Route here, you notice that we have 10.1 and 10.3 networks here. We don't have 10.2 networks. Well that doesn't seem right, let's head out to the North and do a Show IP Route up here and see what networks we see up here. Here we see the 10.1 and the 10.2, we don't see any of the 10.3 networks, so the Central Router knows about all the routes in both the East and the North. The North knows about the Central and the East knows about the Central, but the East and North don't know about one another and this is where we're getting into the Split Horizon rule. Now Split Horizon as we said, is enabled on physical interfaces and so since the Central Router said I have learned about your routes over the serial 00 interface, I'm not going to send these routes that I learned back out that same interface. Therefore just like in our demonstration slide elsewhere in the course, the East Router sends it's route up to the Central, the Central doesn't send those routes back out to the North, because they're coming in over the same physical interface. Now of course the way to fix this is to Disable Split Horizon up here on the Central Router. And the Split Horizon configuration is part of the interface configuration and we'll Disable Split Horizon and see what it does to the network in the next video.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.