Welcome back in. In this video, we're going to discuss how to configure EIGRP on Frame Relay Networks. So we're back working in GNS3 and I've modified our lab a little bit, made it somewhat more complex and there it is. Now I've got this lab included with the Work Files so that if you have a 3640 IOS you can load this lab up and work along at home using the at home version of the board game and you'll notice that I've expanded a little on our previous lab. The Central Router here now has two WAN connections going into the Frame Relay Switch. I've swapped out that Cisco Router that sits in the middle for generic for the GNS3 Frame Relay Switch, just simply because I've already got five routers running here. I don't really need a router running the Frame Relay software and each of these connections emulates a different type of Frame Relay Connection. We've got one connection that's running on the physical interface, the second connection that's running on a sub interface and this way we can explore some of the differences in Split Horizon when you're running it on physical interfaces, versus on sub interfaces. Now in this lab I already have Frame Relay set up so we don't have to actually go in and configure all the Frame Relay Interfaces and the DLCIs and all the other nice stuff. However, as with the previous labs we do have a set of objectives that we're going to go through, just so we cover everything that you'd possibly run across on the exam and these objectives are pretty simple but there also deceptively complex. The first one is configure EIGRP on all routers on the network, using EIGRP AS 90. Ensure that EIGRP updates reach all routers on the network, you may not change the underlying network configuration to do this. Sounds simple. Right. Well, like I said, it is deceptively easy sounding and let's go through this first objective here, starting with the Central Router. So on our Central Router, let's go over here to Central and login and get to it's enable interface. And let's just get to configuring EIGRP. So we'll go into Config Mode, we'll do Router EIGRP and 90 for the Autonomous System number. If you'll recall from our discussion of EIGRP earlier, the first thing we're going to do is No Auto Summary and for two reasons. One is because we are routing the same discontiguous network, all of these networks are in the 10.0 Class A network and if we let Auto Summarization advertise these summary addresses from each of these routers, then Central wouldn't know what interface to send out the 10.10 or the 10.11 or the 10.2 networks on, because Central would just be getting one big route from all of these routers, saying, hey I know about the entire 10.0 Class A network. It's incredible fun to watch in a lab, not so much on a production network and honestly you'll see that's a recurring theme with all of these routing protocols or at least, all the interior routing protocols. So we're going to Turn Off Auto Summarization because we're going to do the summarization ourselves, because generally you're splitting up a larger network into smaller networks when you're working in an enterprise. So we've turned off Auto Summary, so the first thing we need to do is advertise our networks. Now the Central Router knows about these seven networks as well as these two networks here that are on the two Frame Relay Interfaces. So what we're going to do, is we're going to advertise all these networks using a very specific Frame Relay Network Statement so that we're only advertising these seven networks here. It, it would be real simple to put in network 10.1.0.0 slash 16 but again we want to kind of lock it down, so that we only advertise the networks we know about. That way if someone goes and puts a little lab system out there and they're using 10.1.10 we're not advertising that lab system back into the network at large, so that everybody can go, hey there's the lab, let's just poke around in there and see what's going on there. Now we won't go through all of the VLSM Calculations here. Hopefully if you're at this point in your CCNP, you know how to do VLSM Calculations. Let's just suffice it to say, that since we are advertising the first eight networks in the 10.1.0.0 range, then the network we're going to advertise is 10.1.0.0 with a subnet mask of 255.255.248.0. So let's put this network in here, network, can't type, network 10.1.0.0. If we hit question mark here, we'll notice that it wants the wild card bit and so we could put in 0.0.8.255 if we wanted to. However more recent versions of the IOS allow you to put in the subnet mask since that's what most network engineers are used to. In this case we'll do 255.255.248.0 and we hit Enter. The next network we need to advertise out are these two 192.168 networks. Now we could put in two Network Statements, one for this slash 29 and one for this slash 29. However these two networks are contiguous so we can summarize them or summarize is really a bad word, but we can combine them into a single network statement that covers that entire slash 28 network range. In this case, since we're subnetting down smaller than a Class C, our subnet mask for this network will be 255.255.255.240 since we're advertising two eight address network ranges. So we'll do network 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.240. So we've pretty much got the Central Router configured. In the next video we will carry on with the other routers in our topology.
|Course:||Implementing Cisco IP Routing (642-902 ROUTE)|
|Duration:||10 hrs / 105 lessons|
|Captions:||Available on CD and Online University|
WIN XP SP3, OS X 6+, Android 4, iOS 4, Linux
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.