Alright, so we're down to our second lab of the course and in this lab we're going to configure a Basic Frame Relay Network. Now I've built a very basic Frame Relay, it's a Hub and Spoke Frame Relay Network here and this topology in this configuration is available as one of the Work Files for this course. And in this topology I have the Frame Switch configured and I have both the West and the East Routers configured and on the Central Router we're going to set up the Frame Relay connection on the Central Router and show you some of the different Keywords and the different commands you have to use to set up a Frame Relay connection. And we're only going to do it on Central because the commands are pretty much the same on West and East and once we're done with that, we can verify that we can see those routers across the Frame Relay Network. So the first thing we'll do, is we'll start up all of our routers like so. That, start the Frame Switch and start the Central Router and open up the Console to this guy right here. Move that over where we can see it. And we'll wait until we get to the Prompt here and there we are at the Enable Prompt, I, I cleared off all the Start Up Configs or the Start Up screens just so those not a lot of garbage here. First thing we'll do is we'll look at the configuration for the Serial 00 Interface. And if we look out here in our GNS3 Configuration we see that Serial 00 is the one that's connected to the Frame Relay Switch that I'm emulating here in the middle with this other 3600 Router. So we'll do Show Run Interface Serial 00 and we see that there's no configuration whatsoever on this Serial Interface. So let's start down the path to configure it. I go into Config Mode and Interface Serial 00 and now we'll step through the commands to set it up. Now the first thing we need to do is look out here at our Wide Area Network and this is a Multipoint Network since that's what we're talking about in this particular section of the course, meaning that all of these routers have their IP addresses in the same network. This 192.168.22.0 slash 29 network. This routers IP ends in .2, this one ends in .3, this Central will be .1 and these are our DLCIs. 103 goes to 301, 102 goes to 201 and in order to get from East to West, you have to through the Central, that's just how I've got the routing set up. So the first thing we'll do is we'll configure an IP address on this interface, in this case, IP Address 192.168.22.1 with the slash 29 Subnet Mask which is 248. Hopefully at this point you've gotten to where you can configure that. So the next thing we have to do is set up the Encapsulation. So if we type in Cap and hit Question Mark we see we have a few Encapsulations we can use across this Serial Link. ATM, HTLC, PPP, we are more interested in Frame Relay and this is because it is a Frame Relay Network. If we set the Encapsulation wrong, the Serial Interface just won't come up. So we'll do Encapsulation Frame Relay and we'll see what options are available to us. In this case, we only have the one Encapsulation type for Frame Relay which is the IETF so we'll Frame Encap Frame Relay IETF. We're also going to turn off Inverse ARP. What Inverse ARP does is it allows you to Auto Discover the entire Frame Relay Network. Most Frame Relay Providers if you're setting up a traditional Frame Relay Network will not let you do Inverse ARP just simply because you may discover information about neighbors that you don't really need to be neighbors with. In any case, their Frame Relay Switch is not going to provide you the Inverse ARP information you need, so let's just go ahead and turn it off on our router and that we way we won't even ask. So we'll do No Frame Relay Inverse ARP. Now since we're not doing Inverse ARP we have to set up a Frame Relay Map manually and when we set up a Frame Relay Map we are basically telling our Frame Relay Router. If you want to get to the IP Address 192.168.22.2 you go out DLCI 102. If you want to get to 22.3 you go out DLCI 103 here locally. We'll also be using a Broadcast Keyword that tells our router to forward broadcasts to these devices on the other end and I know you may be thinking well this is supposed to be a Non-Broadcast, Multi Access and basically what this router does, is it takes the broadcasts that are supposed to go out this interface and makes a Unicast out of them and Unicasts it to the IP address that's on the other end of the map. So we'll enter both of these commands, we'll do Frame Relay Map hit Question Mark. We can do Bridging, IIP or LLC, in this case we're doing an IP Address. We have to enter the IP Address, 192.168.22.2 and that is across DLCI 102. So we hit Question Mark here and we're asked for the DLCI, in this case it's 102. We'll hit Enter and actually we left a Keyword off on that. We needed to Broadcast on that. Let's hit the Question Mark after this and you have lots of options. In this case we're going to tell it Broadcasts should be forwarded to the address, that top option that you see there. So we'll hit Broadcast and hit Enter. We'll hit Up Arrow since the only thing we're going to be changing is the DLCI and the destination IP address like so. We'll finish configuring our Frame Relay Network in the next video.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.