Let's continue our discussion of the four modes by talking about Preview Mode. It's probably the least important of all the modes but it still has some handy features in it and you should know how to use it so that you complete all the four modes, Browse Mode, Layout Mode, Find Mode and Preview Mode. So let's go into Preview Mode, essentially a Preview Mode is Print Preview but it's a little bit more than that really. One of the things you'll notice as you go to Preview Mode is if we go back to Browse Mode, there's these little borders on these fields that do not show up in Preview Mode. In fact we can get to Preview Mode just by clicking this Preview Button, they don't show up there and that's something we're going to find out about Layout Mode, Layout Mode is connected to Preview Mode as well as Browse Mode. And what you set up in Layout Mode determines the way it looks in Preview Mode or Browse Mode and so here it's determined that those little borders are not going to show up there. So that's a great little thing to know and let's take a look and look down here, it looks like that we only have enough room to fit on record per page. You might get two records per page but you're not getting a partial record because of another setting in Layout Mode so it's important to, to look at this. Why isn't the partial record you know from the second page displaying there? Well that's because it's a setting in Layout Mode so you got to understand what you do in Layout Mode translates to Browse Mode as well as Preview Mode and so you have to know how to learn to work with Layout Mode to effect these different modes. So the other thing you'll notice is that it looks exactly like Browse Mode, probably when you're printing you won't want to kill that many trees and so we'd use a feature called Sliding Objects which is also set in Layout Mode. So everything slides up a little bit so you can fit as many records per page as possible. FileMaker will try to fit as many records per pages as possible but it's all within what you set up in Layout Mode, if you don't tell it to slide or you don't tell it to print partial records, it will, will do it what you tell it to but you know, if you could it fit 13 records on a page, it'll do that. It all depends on how you set it up, so you can also play around with the parts in Layout Mode. You have the Header Part up here, the Body Part and the Footer Part. The Body Part in Layout Mode is what determines the size of a record. So you could make this space here smaller, make the Body Part smaller and therefore you could fit more bodies or more records per page. So it's important to understand how this preview mode works, let's go into some of the more basic things though, things that really aren't associated with Layout Mode but more the basic controls here. We've gone over some of them, I want to make sure you understand this is Go to Next Page not Next Record even though it really is doing Next Record in this case. Notice that we have a question mark here, that's because of for efficiency it doesn't calculate the total number of pages until you get there and this doesn't make a big difference here but on more complicated layouts it could. But you now you know the total number of pages as you're going through. You have the Slider, you can go to the page you want to, just type it in and hit Enter or Return. Very simple, much like Browse Mode, Layout Mode and Find Mode, this Rolodex works with pages though, not records. However you still have the Records Menu as we mentioned before, you still have Go To Record even though it's referring to a page. You still have all these features that can work in Preview Mode but some of them won't, you can't delete records in Preview Mode. So realize that there are features inside of here that apply both to Browse Mode and Preview Mode and those are the ones you're actually going to see in, in Preview, is the one that apply to both Browse and Preview. Then you have some features in your Status Toolbar which again you can customize. They are specific for Preview Mode so that you can't do Save as Excel or Save as PDF in Browse Mode, it's just that they make more sense here. You know what it's going to look like when you save it as Excel or PDF from this mode. And these features are readily available from here, Excel, PDF, there is more accessible from the Status Toolbar. Same with Page Setup or Print Setup on Windows and Print, they are available right here and realize that if we change the Page Setup to Landscape, it'll change on screen here. So this truly is a Print Preview Mode here, you can switch layouts if you want, you can exit Preview. You have the View As here but you can't really change it. You know it's not available in Preview Mode it's just kind of dimmed out because Preview Mode and Browse Mode are so closely related, much more so than Find Mode and Layout Mode. Although there's some connections between Layout Mode and Browse Mode and Preview Mode, it's, it's that these are records, these are viewing records, that's what Browse and Preview Mode does. Just Preview Modes a little bit different and that's why they have the View As here but it's dimmed because you really don't change it inside this mode. So play around with Preview Mode, look down here in the Zoom Controls and look at what you can do. It's essentially Browse Mode but putting those records as many as it can fit into a page so you can kind of visualize what's going to print out before you print it.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.