There are two Locked Files in the Work Files that you either get from the Root Directory of your CD or download from the VTC website. Again, I'm going to say that one more time, there are only two locked files. We're going to go over those two locked files, demonstrate them and explain to you why they are locked. The first locked solution is the invoicing solution, this is the completed invoicing solution, it's to demonstrate the goal of these tutorials, the beginner, the intermediate, the advanced. It's to look at and say, this is what we're going to try to do, it's a product I sell on my website and so therefore is not unlocked. However, as you build the tutorial series go from beginner to intermediate and advanced, if you follow along and actually build everything, you will have that solution completed in your hands. You will have a complete invoicing solution, there will be no need to get the locked version. So we're going to open up that locked invoicing solution from time to time to see what it's all about. In fact we're going to do it right now so you can see it. So I'm going to go over here, hide this window and then we'll go over here and Show the Invoice Solution and we'll get rid of the QuickStart! screen here and here's that Invoicing Solution. It's pretty straightforward. You have invoices and then you can get to other areas through this Pop-up Menu, these three main areas. You can go to Customers and Products, we'll try Customers first. You can see we just have a simple Contact Manager here and then in Products, we have all our products, so some pictures, some inventory things. We're going to do almost all of these things, in fact we're going to do a few things that are not in this invoicing solution. So if you actually build the invoicing solution, you're going to have something better than what we have here. Let's go over a little bit about what we have, we have an invoicing solution that has the ability to create new invoices, to choose from our list of customers, let's say we choose Apple Computer. Then come down and in a portal, choose what products that the person is buying, it'll add it up, Sales Tax, Shipping, the total. You can print an invoice which we're not going to do right now, we're going to go ahead and show you the List View. Every single section, Customers, Products and Invoices will all have a List View so you can easily go to another invoice if you want and see it. Click on that button you're at another invoice, you can come in here and do a Find as well. So we can find all the invoices for FileMaker Incorporated and it'll show you just those invoices and then of course we'll take a longer look at the other section, such as customers. You have the company, first name, last name, the addresses, City, State and Zip, phone numbers, all this good stuff, some scripts in here for e-mailing, things like that. You have the same List View, the same Find View, there's also a Tab called Filter and one called Help. We're not going to really cover those too much, they're not, not that important. And if we go over to our Products, we'll see that we have the name of the product, the price, the quantity, the ability to add to inventory if you get some in. Attach a file like, let's say, some kind of instructions, a brochure whatever so that your sales people can have easy access to them. All kinds of stuffs in here plus we have all kinds of reports that you can see under the Menus here as well. We have a Correspondence Section where you can correspond with your customers and keep track of that. All kinds of good things in here that we'll cover completely once you get through the beginner, the intermediate and advanced, you'll cover all these things. And we'll take about 50 hours worth of my time to explain how to do this for you. Now let's go ahead and hide this window, we'll close the QuickStart! Screen and then show the other locked file we have. In fact let's to to our slide here, go to the next slide and here's demonstration two. We're going to demonstrate the FileMaker Reference. It is also locked, we will be using things from the Reference and we'll demonstrate what they are in a second throughout the tutorial. Things like scripts, calculations and graphics. If we provide one of these calculations or graphics or scripts, it will be provided in another Work File, either in the start or end file or as a separate example but they will be provided, everything. What won't be provided is everything else that wasn't demonstrated from the Reference or used from the Reference. So if we go into the Calculations Sections of the FileMaker Reference, let me hide this so it's not too confusing, you'll see that we have all the ability to look at all these different calculations. If I come in here and say oh well I like this Case Statement and I like this Birthday Alert. If I use this Birthday Alert inside of the tutorial, I will give you this calculation but if I don't use, let's say, let's scroll down here, Category Color, then it won't be provided for free. You can of course buy this but that's not the whole point, I'm just trying to get easy access to some of the things I use, some of the tools I use. I'm not trying to demonstrate the FileMaker Reference, I'm just trying to get them quickly into the solution. So I will provide these to you, no problem and let's take a look at some of the other sections. You have the Script Section, Keyboard Shortcuts, all the FileMaker Errors. There's a News Area with you know all the news that has been published on FileMaker, common websites to go to, to get help. All the versions of FileMaker, we have Graphics, this is kind of a cool section, we'll use it a lot. All these graphics will be available here that you can choose to decide, oh I want to use this and just drag it right into your solution. And then we have Specifications of the product, what it should do and then brand new features of FileMaker 12. So all these things are in the FileMaker Reference but again we're going to, it's going to be locked, you won't be able to get into that, but we will provide what we use from it inside of the Work Files.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.