Database Pros has tons of professionally designed FileMaker solutions. Just scroll down a little bit and you'll see the Solutions Link and when you click on it, you'll have a list of all of the solutions we sell. The first thing you want to know about the solutions that we sell is they're all unlocked. You get the full-access pass with it. That means you can go into the scripts, the calculations, the relationships, layout mode, custom functions, custom menus, anywhere you want to go you can go in there and look at it. You can learn from it if you want to reverse engineer something. You can change something if you want, you can add something on to it. They're all well organized so they're easy to understand and they're very inexpensive; only 99 dollars. You'll find, if you go out there, that other solutions that are locked are even more than that. These are professionally-designed solutions really to help you learn and the idea was I saw so many expensive solutions out there I wanted to provide something that was inexpensive to help the FileMaker community because the DatabasePros.com website really is a learning area and so while these solutions can be used as is, it's really for learning. You can see how the whole solution was designed or take it as a starting point for your own solution and add on to it. It's up to you. The other great thing about our solutions is you can distribute them royalty free. That means that if you buy it for your company, you can use it for as many people in the company as you want without paying any royalty fees. So that's also very unique also. I just want to provide something that people can learn from, can use. I don't want to charge a ton of money that, it's just, you know, the idea behind DatabasePros.com, it's our philosophy. So let's take a look at some of the solutions here. We'll start with Project Management. This is a fairly new one and you scroll down here and see a description of it. You can click on the different areas to see screen shots if you want. There's all different kinds of screen shots here; reporting and things like that. You can download a demo for the projects if you want so you can see how it works and usually it's only limited by the ability to print. We try to keep them as open as possible without making them completely open so you can really test them before you go ahead and purchase them. So we'll go back to look at some of the other solutions we have. Here's another fairly new one called Donations. It allows non-profit companies to go ahead and track their donations. So it has a contacts portion, it has organizations and it also has events and correspondence and all kinds of stuff. It's a really great little program and again, you can download a demo and you get the full-access pass when you purchase it. Here's one of the more popular ones, the Template Set. The Template Set is essentially all this OS 10 like look and feel so you get all the colors, the blue, you get the red or cherry, you get the grape or purple, all these different colors and they're not all the colors are represented here. There's tons of them out there. You can download a demo again. I believe there are 11 delicious themes, as I call them. So you get these and not only are they just pretty to look at, they have all kinds of functionality. Things I commonly use where you'd want this to start out a project. So this is a very helpful set to get you started off with your own project because, you know, why do everything every time you start a project? Start from a template and this one, you know, you can even take it and modify it and make it your own template so that maybe there's certain things that I didn't put in there that you use every time. There's a lot of things you can do with this and you should download a demo and take a look at it. Definitely one of our more popular ones is Contact Manager and the Contact Manager has your contacts, you can keep track of your addresses and your phone numbers and e-mail address. It's basically a CRM package because it does quite a few things. You can keep track of your correspondence, your to-dos, all kinds of information and really I can't do it justice unless you download it. There is one section though is pretty cool, which is the correspondence section. This will allow you to make merge fields inside of Browse Mode so that you can go ahead and put together a form letter and then when you go ahead and send it, you can decide to send it through e-mail or print it or however you want to do it, put that form letter together and then, as you saw back on this screen shot, it'll keep track of the correspondence you send out to each person. So it's quite a complex solution for only 99 dollars. Then we have Documenter. Documenter is a, imports the Database Design Report and puts it in a FileMaker database essentially and organizes it better. The Database Design Report is just that FileMaker Advanced feature allows you to cross-reference everything. This simply puts it in a FileMaker database so you can more easily find what you're looking for. Then we have the Calendar solution. A lot of people like this one. It essentially allows you to create a calendar. You've got your monthly and your weekly views and your daily views. The neat thing about this calendar solution though is that it organizes all of your stuff in records. Most calendar solutions written in FileMaker create that calendar interface or motif using calculations. This is all done with records so that enables you to do any kind of reports you normally do, to search it like you normally do, produce lists of things you found; much easier to work with. In fact it's probably one of the simplest calendars out there but it's fully functional with all these different views. And then we have probably our most popular solution in the Invoicing Solution. It simply is an invoicing solution. It allows you to go ahead and sell products, keep track of all the totals and things like that, print invoices and everything and it doesn't really need much more said about that. Then we have the FileMaker 10 Reference and this is definitely the most popular learning product. The others were solutions. This is a solution but it's also a learning product and you've seen quite a bit of it inside this tutorial and you'll see it in the intermediate and the advanced. It allows you to go ahead and look at example calculations, scripts, it has a whole bunch of graphics in it for using your solution, keyboard shortcuts. There's so much stuff in here I can't really go over all of it. Then a free solution is a Conversion Log. When you convert and, you know, it's been a while since most people had to convert, but when 6 or 7 came out and you had to convert from 6 to 7, there was this log that told you what had changed and possible problems. Well this imported that log into a database so you can more easily look at it. Then we have the XP Template Set. That simply shows you an XP theme and there's three different themes here. Then we have Complex Calculations, which is really part of the FileMaker 10 Reference but if you just want the calculations portion, which is very popular, well, you can download that and it's less expensive. And then we have another template set called the Great Template Set. So all this stuff is available and try downloading some of them. It's free to download it. You can take a look at it and maybe you'll find something that'll help you start your project or help you learn FileMaker.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.