Let's review the homework we gave you in the last section. What we asked you to do was complete the Interface for the Tabbed Preferences. If we look at our layout we have one layout for ACCOUNTS and one layout for OPTIONS, each with their specific information on here. We simply copied and pasted this because it was already done and deleted the original layout. If you look up here it's called ACCOUNTS Preferences now. It was ACCOUNTS Preferences2 but we deleted the original ACCOUNTS Preferences. So you really didn't have to do much to this layout other than set up the Tabs and remove all the stuff we didn't need and we added down here, of course, this account, so we could see what Account we're on. Now, under OPTIONS we had to do a little bit more work here. We had to come in here and Copy and Paste all the stuff from the original layout but then we had to change each one of these fields, we also had to change the script so it went to the right field. It's not the xlogo field, it's now the logo field and other than that we didn't put this down here, the little account here because it has nothing to do with accounts and we also created one record. It has to have one record in here to put the information. You should have no more records than that. That's the basic idea behind this. Very simple changes, you know, of course we changed the buttons to go between these different sections also, so it's all set up to work. But we also had to change how we get in there from the Menu buttons so if we go to Manage Scripts and look at the Menu button all we did is each one of these Go to Related Records we came in here and changed it to ACCOUNTS Preferences, the second version, of course is called ACCOUNTS Preferences now so it looks the same but it's the new ACCOUNTS Preferences. We had to change that. We didn't have to change anything else. So each one of these changed it to the right layout. And then, of course, exactly the same changes on our layout, our Custom Menu, so go to Layout Preferences, which is used by the Custom Menu, is the exact same script as we just saw before just as a separate value here. In fact, what we should do here, you notice that we have Go to Layout Preferences, we should just go ahead and come back to our Menu button and make this a Subscript, modularize it. So we're going to take all this out of here because I had to go into two scripts and update both of them and we don't want to have to have that. I'm just going to come in here and put Perform Script, Go to Layout Preferences and the same thing. Now I can update one script and it all flows through everything, it makes it work much easier for me. So I'll save that and we're all done with that. So all that works great. If we go back out to CUSTOMERS and come in here it'll actually locate the correct account here for us so that we're on the right record, so everything works great. Now we can use this inside of our system. So we'll come over here to Customers and the first place we want to use it is for our phone formatting, right here. So we'll go into Manage, Database, come into our Field section, find the two phone fields, we'll go into Options on this one, go to Auto-Enter and we need to change this Field Reference here to our Customers version of our OPTIONS. There it is, right there and then PhoneFormat. So I'll copy this to the Clipboard so I can make it faster for myself. I'll just use the keyboard command, come down to phone shipping and do the same thing, paste that right inside there. So we're all done with that. That's all you need to do there. Now we need to go to our Layout for INVOICES, the printing of the Invoices, but before we do that let's just make sure this actually works. We'll type in 1234567890, click out of it, see, it formats it so it's gotten that formatting, which is great. So, we'll go to our Invoices Print Layout and what we need to do is change this and this information right here. So we'll double-click on this, go to the right Table Occurrence which is going to be our OPTIONS Lines and choose our logo. We don't really need to change anything else. Then we can come in here and change this to OPTIONS and just take the x off because we've used good naming conventions, same here. And all I'll do is copy this, use the keyboard command. Paste that in there, paste that in there, and paste that in there and I missed a couple of the x's so I'll go back and take those out and that should do it. So we're going to go and try it out. We're going to go into Preview Mode. Looks like it's already sorted and we have a little bit of a problem here. I've got the wrong Table Occurrence here. So, I've tried to do things quickly but I messed it up, so let's see where, let's go into here and insert a Merge Field and we'll go into OPTIONS Lines, so I forgot the underscore Lines part as you can see, so we'll try that one more time; underscore Lines, we'll copy that, paste that on each one of these, there we go, one more and that, hopefully, should solve the problem and you can see right now it's pulling in all that information on every single record. So now we have options that are usable in a Multi-User scenario. So that's great right now and it's exactly what we want for this type of Preference. There are the two types: you have the Preferences for individual users and then the Preferences or Options for the whole solution itself.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.