Now that we've replaced the Forward and Back Buttons with related graphics, we're ready to modify our scripts so they can update those relationships and therefore update those graphics with the right state. So let's go into Manage Scripts and the first thing we're going to handle is our open script. Remember that when we first open the database, we're not going to have any back and forward data in there to show so we need to update those global fields so they have the right value in there, not the last value that the developer left in there. So we're going to duplicate the Set Field at the end, going to change over to Customers and we're going to come and find our xback and xforward. Here's the xback right here. Tell that to change to quote Dimmed quote. Then we'll duplicate it and then simply change this to xforward. That's all we need to do. That'll make sure they're always dimmed when you open up. So we'll save that and then we'll go to our Back Store. So type in Back here, there's our Back Store Script and what we're going to do is whenever you use the Back Store Script, you're navigating somewhere brand-new and whenever we do that, we have no forward information so we're going to set the xforward to Dimmed but we're all of a sudden going to have back information so we're going to set the back or xback to Back. So it's a real simple script. We just simply set it X Forward to quote Dimmed quote. We'll duplicate that and we'll set xback to the word Back. Don't make it any more complicated than you have to. We simply know that if we're navigating somewhere new, that the Forward is dimmed and the back has that Back Button in it. There's no other choice. There's no other way it can happen. So we'll save that and then we'll go to our Back Navigate. It's right here. We'll edit that one and right below the Set Variable here we're going to put in a new Set Field. What we're going to do is we're going to set our xforward, we're going to automatically set that to the word Forward. Simple as that. As soon as we navigate backwards somewhere, we automatically at that point have some forward history to go through. And there's no other choice. It's really as simple as that and once we hit the Back Button, we're going to have forward history. So that one's pretty easy. And let's go down here to after this Set Variable and we'll put in another Set Field and before we program this one, we really could put these Set Fields anywhere we want and this one can go anywhere in here but it, it just seems to kind of go long. As soon as we change this value, just, you know, change this value also. They seem to go together in my mind. Especially in this case because we're going to be eliminating values from dollar sign dollar sign Back. As soon as we get to Empty, then we want to go ahead and change and dim this out. So this has a little bit more logic in it, this one for the xback. So we come down here and choose it and type in Case open paren and we're going to type in here is Empty. Actually I'll put a couple returns, is Empty open paren dollar sign dollar sign Back close paren semicolon. If it's empty, we want a result in the word Dimmed, otherwise we're going to result in the word Back. So each time we go ahead and remove a value from our dollar sign dollar sign back with this formula, we then immediately after that are going to check to see hey, are all the values gone? Should we dim it or not? And it often, it'll go ahead and put the same value in there over and over and over again because, you know, you're going back, you may have let's say ten levels of history. It might put the same value in but that won't really hurt. It's better to do that than to just try to make something more complex here than we'd, you know, not and you say oh, let's not put anything in there if it's not dim. This is much easier just, it won't make any slower, faster doing it this way. You'll just make it easier to program. So we're going to copy these, go in here, use the keyboard command. If you have FileMaker Advanced you can copy them. If you don't you're going to have to reprogram them but they're not that hard to do. So we'll save that, come into our Forward Navigate, edit that, paste it right in there, then move this one down, get that one just selected, there we go. Move it down to where it should go, right in there and then all we have to do is reverse these. Double click on this and change this to xback and then change this to Back. Then we'll come down here into our dollar sign dollar sign Forward Set Field, I'm sorry, this one right here, change this to xforward. I just hit the wrong button there. Change it to xforward and then specify this and reverse this. We'll change this to dollar sign dollar sign forward and then change this to word Forward. So hopefully we've got everything right. Let's go ahead and test this out and see how it works. We'll save this, close that and see what we can do here. Let's go into our Data Viewer and we'll remove this but that won't update these things so what I'm going to do is I'm going to close and open this. That way we can really test everything and we'll put in 1, 2, 3, 4, Admin. Can see we open it up, our buttons are dimmed. I'll navigate somewhere new. You see it's populated this. If I hit Back it populates it forward. If I hit Forward and it's gone, it's empty. If I hit Back twice it's empty so this looks like it works perfectly. Now what we're going to discuss in the next section is how to take this onto all of our other layouts; Invoices and Products.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.