I'm going to walk you through now how we Import our Assets into a Camtasia project and once our assets are in, then I'm going to look at how we organize them so that they display in this area here. Okay, let's get started. Now there are a couple of different ways of importing, here's one way. Come up to File and then roll down here to where it says Import Media, Control plus I being your shortcut. And this will naturally enough navigate you to a relevant folder where you will keep your different assets. Now if you want my advice, I would keep all my assets in one particular place, in one particular folder, rather than spread all over your hard drive. Having them in one place means that your PC, CPU doesn't have to work quite as hard as it would do, if all your assets were spread all over the place. Anyway as you can see, I've got this one folder here for this example and I'm going to bring in all of these six different types of assets. Now it's not necessary to do it any particular order but to start off, I'm going to bring in this first asset here, this AVI file, simple enough then, just select it and then come down here to Open. And now you'll see in this blank area here, where my assets will be collected, I've now added this one AVI file and automatically a Video Category has been created. I didn't have to create that, that was organized for me automatically by Camtasia. Camtasia recognizes that anything with a .AVI extension will of course, be a video and belongs in a Video Category. Right, another way to bring in our assets, click on the Import Media button just running along here to open up our same folder once more and this time rather than bringing an AVI file, I'll bring in a JPEG file, a photograph or a screenshot or an illustration, any static frame asset can be brought in too. So I'll click on this one and once more run down here and hit Open and as we would expect, there is our asset, this JPEG file and Camtasia has automatically organized and created a new category for me called Image. Right, let's go to Import Media once more and this time I'll go for this third file and this is a CAMREC Screen Recording, so this will be imported but neither as an image or a video file because it's a different type of asset. So I'll select it and hit Open and there it is and this time, categorized as Camtasia Recording File. Okay, so this is what happens when you import your assets into your Camtasia project. When you are looking at it in this view and we'll look at how we change this in a moment, but when we are looking at in the Thumbnail View, then Camtasia automatically organizes our assets for us, what a great time saver. Okay, let's hit Import Media once more and this time I'm going to bring in audio file, so I'll select this WAV file and hit Open and there it is, under a new category called Audio, here is my audio file, this Mono 002.WAV. In actual fact, this was one of the narrations files from an earlier tutorial. So one final time, let's go back up to Import Media and I'll select these 2 JPEG files and hit Open and as you can see, every time you bring in more assets then they'll either be brought in as a new category or if the category already exists, then they'll be inserted into the relevant category. Incidentally, if you want another way to import media, then just right-click in an empty area and there you'll see this pop-up and the top option there being Import Media. Well I haven't got any more assets to bring in for this example so I'll ignore it but it's there should you want it. From here, I want to show you something else that you can do to organize your project. If we look at our second option down, Remove Unused Clips. Well if I click on this and I will do in a moment, when I click on it, any assets that aren't being used within your project, get removed from within this Camtasia project. They don't get removed and deleted from your hard drive, they're just removed from this project. Now let me just differentiate between having assets here and having assets here and on our Timeline as part of a project. If we've not used them on a Timeline, building up a project, then they are still categorized as unused because they aren't as yet being used in your project. So because I haven't got any of these assets on my Timeline, all I've done is import them, then if I click here, Remove Unused Clips as I will now, then you'll see they all disappear from view. They've all been removed from this project. Let me bring them all back in again, I'll click on Import Media, I'll select the first one, the AVI file, I'll select the last one two, so that they all get selected and now I'll hit Open and as you can see, automatically they're brought in as they were a few moments ago. All categorized and organized within the relevant category. Now you might ask what is the purpose of this function, i.e. Removing Unused Media. Well it might well be that you've brought in 30, 40 different assets but only used half of them or rather than cluttering up your work area here with assets that you aren't actually using, then that is a great function to filter out, shall we say, removing anything you aren't using. Now as I alluded to a few moments ago, this is the Thumbnail View of our assets. If we want to change this, well right-click in an empty area and roll down to View and instead of having it selected at Thumbnails, come down and select the second option, Details. And this time, we still get the categories and we get our assets inside of our category, but rather than having a Thumbnail View, we'll just have a textual link and a list of what we've got involved in our project at the present time. If you want to take it back to the Thumbnail View, right-click again in an empty area, roll down to View and simply select Thumbnails once more. Finally, one last thing that I do want to look at, if you don't want to see your assets in categories, then right-click in an empty area once more and then roll down right to the bottom there, where it says Show in Groups, groups being Camtasia's word for categories. Then selecting it once more means all our assets, they still remain within our Project View here but they aren't categorized. I'm going to take it back to where we were, with a Thumbnail View, so I'll right-click in an empty area once more and then roll down to the bottom and select Show in Groups. Okay, so that's how we import our assets into our project and how we organize them, in fact, when I say we organize them, Camtasia does the organizing for us automatically. Right we'll leave it here and we'll move forward.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.