Once you've got a number of movies completed and you want to collect them all together so that you can view them one after another, then you can do this with one of the other tools that comes with Camtasia Studio, namely Camtasia Theatre. If you simply want to view one movie then using Camtasia Player is the option that you require. Now you'll look at Camtasia Player in the next tutorial, but for this tutorial I'm going to take you through where things are with Camtasia Theatre and as you can see we've got Theatre open. And running across the top here we've got these four Menu Options, we've got File, we've got Edit, Tools and Help. Well now seeing as we haven't really got very far with our exploration of Camtasia yet, I'm not going to use any of those Menu Options. What I'm going to do, is I'm going to come down here and see this horizontally large button, Add Recent Production, if you click on there, then you'll see a list of previously opened movies that you might have viewed within Theatre and of course clicking on any of those two there, 0201 Camtasia System Requirements and 0101 Introduction. Clicking on any of those would add it to our Theatre production. However, I don't want to do it that way, I want to show you a different way, now that will become clear why in a second or two. The way I want to do it is by clicking on this green Plus Button, down here in the center of our screen, we can see a duplicate of this Add Recent Production Button, again I don't want to do it that way. I want to do it this way, I want to click on this green Plus Button because this now takes me to the relevant folder where my movies are. And I've purposely called them movies rather than tutorials because you are somewhat limited to the types of playback formats that you can use. In fact, a quick glance at the Help Guide will tell you what formats we can use. Well I've converted the first 2 tutorials that you've seen in this course to Apple's QuickTime format which is the .MOV, the movie format okay? So those two movies show up there and of course it's simple enough to open them, have one selected, this first one for example and then simply hit Open and now we see it listed here. Let's add the next movie now, I'll click on my Green Plus Button once more, I'll select the second movie 0201 and hit Open. Okay good, now my two movies are in the order that I want them to be in, 0101 being the first movie and then followed by 0201 being the second movie. Remember how in a previous tutorial, when we imported the movies, they were out of sequence. Well they are in the correct sequence here, however if they weren't, then whichever one you've got selected, clicking on this button here for example, will move that file up, thus taking it to the top of the list and the top of a list means that, that movie will play back first. Okay. Well I don't really want it there do I? So now I'll click the Green Down Arrow to take it below 0101. If I subsequently change my mind and I don't really want one of these movies, then clicking on this Red Cross Button would allow me to remove that particular file, I'm going to leave it of course. Now the way that this Theatre works is, all the movies that you include, now I know we're only including two for this example, but however many movies that you do include, you will have also what's known as a Table of Contents. Which is a bit like an index that will be positioned to the left of the screen, where the playback takes place. Now if you wanted to add an image to where the Table of Contents is, then you would click on this button. I don't, I just simply want my Table of Contents to be listed with the actual names of the movie that we are going to watch and speaking of the Table of Contents, let's customize it. So clicking on this Second Tab here, where it says Customize, gives me these five different options. In my first option, HTML, I'm going to give this a title, I'm going to call it VTC Movies times Two, seeing as there are only two movies at the present time. Now dependent on how you display your Theatre, it could be online for example, then dependent on how quick the end users Internet connection is, then it might mean that they would want to see a Preloader, to give them an idea how long it's going to take for the particular movie to load. Well you can do that here and in fact, if you click on the Preview Button you can see what the Preloader will look like. You don't have to have this one of course, click on the Drop Reveal there and choose another one and Preview this. Let's try one more and Preview okay? Now I'm going to go back to where we started, I prefer that one and we'll move down to our second Customization Options Button for Properties. And as you can see, there are 14 different options that you can change, for example, the first option, where it says Auto Start, if you want this whole Theatre production to play immediately, automatically, as soon as it's loaded up, then you would leave it at Yes. However if you didn't, well you could change it to No, simply left-click on it there and then drop down and change it to No. If you want a different theme, ie you want it to look a little bit different, then clicking on here, well I've got it set at Onyx but you got a choice here of four different options, Glass, Classic, Matt or Onyx. I'll leave it at Onyx but do have a play around with that, experiment to see which you prefer and in fact, with the remaining buttons, just go through them, they're all fairly self explanatory I would have thought. Just work your way through and change anything that you feel is necessary. Now moving down to the third Customization Option, Table of Contents, then I want this to be a little bit wider than the default. At the moment it's set to 160 pixels, now I want to change the width so that it takes in more of the title of each different video. So I'm going to change the width from 160 to 240, that gives me that little more extra room so that my text in my Table of Contents fits in better. This will become clearer in a moment or two when we preview this and in fact, for the same reason, I'm going to reduce the font size down from 12 and I'll take it to 10 and again, just work your way through these and have a play around with them to see what suits your production for your theatre. In actual fact, I've just remember something I did want to change in my Properties Tab. Clicking on Properties once more and rolling right down to the bottom there where it says Pause after each video, well it's set to No at the moment which means of course that as soon as one movie finishes playing, it won't pause, it will carry on, on to the next one. Well I'm going to change that to Yes, I do want it to pause after each video, so that would mean the end user has to hit Play to make the next movie start up. Okay. Let me go back to the Playlist.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.