Now I'm sorting of jumping the gun a little bit here as we've not really started a project yet. However I want to walk through an overview of the various different functions that once allocated together make up the Studio part of Camtasia Studio. We looked at the Recorder Section in the previous tutorial, here in this tutorial we're going to look at creating menus. So that our finished movies can be viewable controlled on one central area. So imagine I wanted to create a central starting point, ie a menu for the six tutorials you've watched so far in this VTC course, well here's what I do. From here within Camtasia 7, I can open the Menumaker by going to Tools and then rolling down to Studio Tools and then across to Camtasia Menumaker and clicking there of course opens this Menumaker User Interface. You can see it's named as Camtasia Menumaker in the middle. Right as you'll probably notice, we've got the usual Menu Buttons up here, starting with File, where we can Create a New Project or Open a Project or indeed Choose a Template and in fact what we'll do in a few moments time is we will use a template to get us started. Notice also we have other familiar Menu Buttons such as Edit and View and Tools and Help. And below these Menu Buttons we have these Quick Icon Buttons such as this first one to Create a New Project. So that's what I'm going to do, I'll Create a New Project by clicking on it and as soon as I do this Welcome User Interface opens up with two Radio Button options and I'm asked the question, what do you want to do? Do you want to Create a New Project using the Wizard or do you want to Create a New Project and in brackets, advanced. Well seeing as we've just started let's use the Wizard Method, so I'll leave the top one there, the Wizard Option Radio Buttoned and I'll OK it and now I'm offered a choice of various templates I could choose from within this Basic Templates Folder. Scrolling down, notice there are quite a number to choose from, you're bound to find one. So just work your way through, click on each of them and just choose which visually stimulates you and you think would work with your project. Now I'm going to choose that one there, Tamaracks and I'll hit Next and from here I need to add the movie files to include. So simply enough, click on Add Files and from this point we see these six tutorials that we've watched so far in this VTC course. Now of course you're going to have to navigate to the relevant movies that you want to include. Right, I'll select the first one and then the last one as well, that means that I've got them all selected and then I'll OK it, which now means these six tutorial movie files will now be available from my menu. Great, but there is a problem, notice they're in reverse order, well we can rectify this. If I click on the first one there, the top one with the Numeric Starter 0205, well with it highlighted, click the Move Down Button a few times until you move it right down to the foot and I'll do the same thing with 0204. I'll hit Move Down a few times until it's just situated above 0205. Okay. Well this method of moving the tutorials around is problematic when we've only got these 6, but if you've got quite a number, maybe you've got 50 different movies that you want to include, well moving them around like this would be fairly time consuming. So here's what you could do, hit the Sort by Name Button and then instantly that puts them in numerical order and once you're satisfied, just hit Next. Okay. So now from here we need to give this project a title in this Menu Field. I'll call it VTC Test and then I'll hit Finish and there we go, we now have the template image with a list of titles superimposed over the top. Just out of habit I'll hit Save there just to make sure and I'll OK it. Now I could accept the Template Properties as they are or I could click here on Edit Menu Properties and it's here that many options are available to customize your menu. For example, I'll change the actual size of the menu from 640 by 480 to my tutorial size footprint of 1024 by 768. Okay. So the menu size itself will be exactly the same as the actual tutorials. Notice there are other options too, maybe you want to change the background color, well click here and change it and then just hit Apply. I think these options here are fairly self explanatory, notice too that there are 4 Menu Tabs, General which is what we're on at the moment. We've got Cursor, List and Content and if I click on the Cursor Tab well I can add mouse click sounds or mouse hover sounds and if I want to hear what this sounds like, if I want to audition it, then just click the Speaker there and you'll get a quick audition sound of it. Now I've actually got the audio muted of this screen recording so you want to hear it, but you know where it is if you want to try it out. Okay. Right I'll move over to the List Tab and then the Content Tab. So have a look around these two tabs and see what you might want to change. I'll go back to General and I'll OK it. Now I want to move my Text Links Area to the center of the image, so I'll left-click on it and drag it and position it where I want it to go but of course, you choose where you want your titles to go with your particular project. And once you thing you're satisfied, to test what we have so far, click this Icon Button, the Test Menu Button and as soon as you do, it now becomes live and when you roll over with your mouse, you'll see the text change color, ready to be clicked and of course if you did click on one of these, then that movie would fire open. Okay. Right that's the Camtasia Menumaker, well an overview of it anyway. As I said at the beginning of this tutorial, we've not really started a project yet, so of course I haven't gone through every single parameter. Right, we'll move forward now and I'll see you in the next tutorial.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.