Here we are now in Exercise 2 for Parameter Sets. I've done a little bit of panning and zooming there in the Block Editor, just to give us a little bit more room and to position the Block itself in a more sensible space there in the Block Editor. Now, what we did previously was we placed our height here, our Linear Stretch. Now what we're going to need to do now is place a Linear Move so that this circle here moves upwards when we stretch. Now you'll notice this funny little symbol here, it looks like a chain symbol. That is a Chain Action symbol, where your chaining actions together. Now, I've done it here on the length on this Stretch Action here, so what I'm going to do, I'm just going to show you how it's done. If I right-click over Stretch here and go Action Selection Set and select New Selection Set, now this is only in AutoCAD 2010 by the way, that right-click over the Icon, but you can still do it just by double-clicking on the Actions in the Block Editor in previous versions of AutoCAD. I'm going to specify the first corner of my Stretch Frame and then left-click for the second corner and then it prompts me to select the objects I want to stretch so I want to stretch the rectangle, but I also want to select Circle Move to stretch with the rectangle, like so, I then right-click to confirm. Then that chain link includes Circle Move and Length as we stretch horizontally. Because I've done a Parameter Set now I've got Length, Circle Move there, I now need Height and I need a Circle Move up here, but it's going to be a Linear Move in Parameter Sets, because I've already got one there, so I'm making a set now. I'll have Circle Move that way; I now need Circle Move that way, hence the phrase Parameter Sets. So I want my Linear Move here, click on Linear Move, come into the Drawing Area, it's going to start at the Center Snap of the circle, left-click, going up to the Midpoint Snap of the top face of the rectangle, left-click, drag to the right and left-click there and place Distance1. Now there's an exclamation mark there because we haven't done a selection for that yet, but let's change the Properties first. Select Distance1 here, right-click and go to Properties. The Properties Palette appears. Now we're going to change the Distance name by double-clicking in here, so let's change that to Circle and then Move, but then VERT for vertically only. Now the other thing we need to change here, if we scroll down, is in our Miscellaneous box, here. See where it says Base Location Start Point? Show Properties, Yes? We need to chain the actions together as well, so we select Yes there. Then we can Chain the Circle Move Vertically with the height, the Linear Stretch. I then close the Properties Palette like so and hit Escape to deselect. Now we've got the chain there saying that it's ready to chain together. We've also got an exclamation mark, so I right-click on the Move there, Action Selection Set, New Selection Set and I select the circle there and right-click to confirm. So as I move vertically now the circle is the object that is going to perform that Move Action. Now, we need to go to the height here. Now the height is fine; there's no exclamation mark, but I need to change the Selection Set. So, what I need to do is I need to click on height here, like so, or do I? No I don't. Hit Escape - remember, it's a right-click, don't be confused. Right-click, Action Selection Set, New Selection Set. I do my Crossing Selection as if I'm going to stretch like the Stretch Command and the objects I select now are going to be the rectangle and the Circle Move Vertical, so they're chained together. Right-click to confirm. So we've got Height, Circle Move Vertical, we've got Length, Circle Move, two Parameter Sets. Now the last thing I need to do quickly is I need to change the Distance Multiplier on the Move1, so what I do, I select any Parameter, doesn't matter which, right-click, Properties. Come into the Drawing Area and hit Escape to deselect the Parameter and then click on the Move here for the Circle Move Vertical and there's my Distance Multiplier there. I just need to double-click in there, put naught point 5 in there and press Enter. What that does is every time I move up an increment here on the Linear Stretch the circle moves half of one of those increments. I close the Properties now. I hit Escape to deselect and what I can do now in AutoCAD 2010 is just quickly check and test my block. So I click here on Test Block like so, I'm in the Test Area now, click there. I've got an extra grip from that Circle Move Vertical. I don't need to worry about it too much, but if I click on this grip here and move up, there's my circle moving half the increment distance each time. I'll just hit Escape there now a couple of times to deselect the block, Close and Close Test Block window. I'm back now in the Block Editor. I need to Save my Block, so I click on Save, I then close the Block Editor. When I click now on the Block in the drawing and click on the grip and go up you'll see my circle is going upwards, half the distance of each increment as you can see as I move up per increment. So what we've done there in Exercise 2 is we've created another Parameter Set whereby we've created a Linear Move that goes with our Linear Stretch. So we've done another move and another stretch but in a different direction. As you can see, it all works in Dynamic Block.
|Course:||Autodesk AutoCAD: Dynamic Blocks and Tool Palettes|
|Duration:||6.5 hrs / 85 lessons|
|Captions:||Available on CD and Online University|
WIN XP SP3, OS X 6+, Android 4, iOS 4, Linux
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.