OK. So, we now have nothing in our Model tab here. There's our Model tab there. There's nothing here now apart from our Settings, like our Layers, for example, and our Text Styles and so on. I'm just going to hit Escape there to lose the Layer pull-down. Now, we don't need to draw anything in the Modelspace just yet. What we need to do now is we need to insert our Title Block into a Layout tab, and then sort out our Page Setup so that our Page Setup is A3 and our Title Block is A3, so that everything fits on the sheet of paper ready for plotting later. So, we have two Layout tabs available to us. We have Layout1 and Layout2. Now, what I could do here if I wanted to, was utilize things like my Quick View Layouts, and also my Quick View Drawings. That is entirely up to you. If you want to use those you can. Personally, I prefer the tabs here and that's the way I work. That's the way that this will be set out in this particular Course. So, let's click on Layout1. When I click on Layout1 you get this red box here, and that red box, you'll notice, is a Viewport when you hover over it, and its color is by Layer, and it's on the Titletext Layer, hence it is red. We don't actually need that Viewport right now. I'm going to click on it and just like any other AutoCAD object I can go up to Erase here on the Modify Panel on the Home tab, or I can hit the Delete key on the keyboard. What I'm concerned about is this white object here with the dashed lines. That is a sheet of paper and the dashed lines represent my Printer Limits, i.e., how far I can go before my printer stops before the edge of the paper. Those Printer Limits there are defined by your Printer Driver installed on your computer as part of the process when you install a printer or a plotter. From an electronic viewpoint, if you're plotting to PDF, or DWF, those Printer Limits are in there, but they are obviously electronic Printer Limits. So what we're going to do here, we're going to right-click over Layout2 and we're going to delete it; we don't need it. You will be prompted: Do you want to delete it? You say OK. We then right-click over Layout1 now, and go to Rename. We're going to rename the tab A3 Landscape. Do you see the theme now? The A3 Landscape tab is going to be a Page Setup and a Layout got out A3 ISO Title Block. Once you've renamed the tab press Enter and you'll see that Layout tab now is called A3 Landscape. What we now need to do is insert our Title Block. Now you can insert from the Home tab here, or insert using the Insert tab, it doesn't matter which. I'm going to use the Home tab and I'm going to go to the Block Panel here and click on Insert. Now you'll be pleased to see there's our A3 ISO Landscape Block that we created. What I'm going to do here is: Specify the insertion point on-screen by ticking that box there. Scale needs to be unticked there, and the X needs to be 1; one to one. Rotation, Angle zero because we want it horizontal in the orientation that we are used to. Now, what I'm going to show you here very briefly is just click on OK and you'll see there's our Title Block and it's asking for an Insertion Point. Type in naught comma naught, because that's where the block was originally created, remember? Press Enter. Now we get the prompts coming up on the screen on the Dynamic Input. These are our Attributes. So, I'm going to put in our drawing number there which is going to be 001-01; that's our drawing number on the Title Block; press Enter. Drawn By, that's going to be my initials, SCB; press Enter. Checked By, we don't know, so we just press Enter for the moment to accept the XXX. Approved By, we don't know, just press Enter to accept the XXX. Revision Ð it will be the Revision zero because it's our first drawing of this type, so we press Enter again. Now what's happened there is those attributes, if I just pan across slightly, I've now entered into our drawing. They can be edited at any time by just double-clicking on this block we've created. However, look, it doesn't fit on the sheet, so we right-click over the A3 Landscape tab, Page Setup Manager. We currently don't have a Page Setup for our A3 Landscape tab, so we click on New. New Page Setup name will be A3 Landscape as well. I find it's always good to set up a Page Setup with the same name as the tab. Click on OK. And all we're going to do here is I'm going to set it up to plot to a DWF6A Plot there in the Printer Name. Paper Size Ð I need to set that to an ISO A3, so we scroll down the list of sheets, ISO A3, and we want 420 by 297 for Landscape. What to Plot Ð we set it to Extents. We want everything to plot and then we center the plot. You may get red lines on the Preview here; that's because at the moment it thinks that it's still a smaller sheet size than the A3. I click on OK there now, and my A3 Landscape Page Setup is there. Notice the tab name has asterisks to define it from the Page Setup. I select my Page Setup, double-click, and it applies it to the A3 Landscape tab. I click on Close, and as you can see, my Title Block sits beautifully inside the Printer Limits with the outside edge of the paper around the outside edge of the Page Setup there.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.