OK. So here we are on my Google UK page. I haven't gone searching for anything yet. What I'm going to do is I'm going to type in up here autocad. autodesk. and then com, like so: autocad.autodesk.com. Now you'll notice I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 here, so it gives me a list of all of the history, and as you can see AutoCAD Exchange is showing there already. That's where I'm going to take you: AutoCAD Exchange there. So, I press Enter, and off we go. Now, AutoCAD Exchange is a new Web Page from Autodesk. It is the AutoCAD Community. Now, it's taking a few seconds to load up there, but as you can see there is lots to look at. So, let's have a look at what we've got here. Let's just scroll down a little bit. As you can see you've got Ask the Expert there showing up on the screen. Currently a guy called Mark Gage, and you can ask him questions online at any time. So, there's our Home Page. What about Learning? Well, let's have a look. We can look at, for example, AutoCAD University Classes. There's Online Learning available; there's Ask the Expert; and Tips and Tutorials. Let's go to Tips and Tutorials for example. Let's have a look now and just scroll down a little bit. You're suffering a little bit here from my lack of resolution. I'm running at 1024 by 768, so this does look a little bit squished together if you see what I mean, but obviously if you've got a bigger screen and bigger resolution it will look much better on screen. But as you can see there, a Hip Tip, a 3D Roof in AutoCAD 2004 up to AutoCAD 2010. Autodesk Impression, another Autodesk Tool that runs with AutoCAD. So, there are all of these here. These are all people that write Blogs around the world. All of this information is there for you completely free of charge. All you have to do is sign in. So, if I sign in now and click here it'll take me now to the Autodesk Sign In page. So what I've got to do is put my User ID in, which is actually my company name, like so, and then I put my Password in here. If you haven't signed up for one you can do so. It's very easy, but if I sign in now, what'll happen is it'll change slightly, but you can see there: Welcome Shaun Bryant, so I'm now logged in. Let's have a look now. Applications Ð what have we got here? So let's have a look. We've actually got applications that run within AutoCAD from the Autodesk Developer Network, so we've got Ship Constructor, 20-20 CAP Studio by 20-20 Technologies, Incorporated. So, there's all this information here. I can even download a free AutoCAD 2010 Trial Version, a 30-day trial version. Let's have a look at the Blogs here now. Let's go to Blog Round up, for example. Let's click there. And what we could look at now is all the Blogs that are listed on AutoCAD Exchange, so you can see there's people that are writing Blogs: Creation of a mesh with an Edge Surface, in 3D. AutoCAD MEP 2010-Workspaces. It's talking about Workspaces and how you use them. You'll notice all these Blogs here, I've got all of mine listed. I've got them all ticked there. There's one there that isn't showing, so if I tick him now every time a new Blog comes up it'll appear in this list on the left. It's a fantastic tool. A fantastic repository of information. So I might want to look at, let's say, Lynn Allen's Blog. Lynn Allen works for Autodesk. She's the AutoCAD technical evangelist, and there's her page there. So, she's planning Autodesk University for this year, so they've got to go through all the submissions of all the classes, and work through them. So, there's Lynn there. So, if I go back a page now, and go back to AutoCAD Exchange, look at how fantastic that is. All that information. You've got Networking. You can set up a Profile so that other people can talk to you. You can look at Discussions, Forums, on the Web Page itself. You've even got, if you go to Laugh now, you've actually got CAD humor. Let's have a look at this. You've got the TeknoChronicles of Z, a cartoon strip written for AutoCAD Exchange members. You've also got cartoons like so. Some of these are quite good fun. If you work in a CAD environment you'll recognize the humor there. And you can just toggle across and look at various other different cartoons that are available. So you can see there, AutoCAD Exchange. It's autocad. autodesk.com. A huge repository of information that you can learn from. The most important one: Learning. You've got Featured Tips, Tips and Tutorials, Ask the Expert, Autodesk University Classes, Online Learning. You've even got AutoCAD Online Help, the same as you have in AutoCAD itself. So, there's no excuse here. Get on the Web, autocad. autodesk.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.