In this module we will tackle the process of adding movement within a slide and so appropriately I have titled this very slide movement within a slide and what I'm talking about here is making text, making elements in a slide fly in, fade in, zoom in, all kind of stuff, all kinds of transitions that can happen within a slide itself. So what you're doing here is you're creating either a build-in or a build-out and to get started with that, once again, we are dealing with the inspector, so if it's not open, go ahead and open up the inspector and we dealt with transitions earlier with the slide inspector. Now we're dealing with the button right next to it, the build inspector and this will let you build your build-ins, build-outs and then there's a third one here called action, which will help you really, really fine-tune what can be done within a slide. So I just want to get you started with adding some movement within the slide to help you add some wow or draw some attention to a specific point. You know, when you get to that aha moment in your speech or your presentation, that's where you want to use it. If you use it for every single element in your presentation, people will get tired of watching. It's like watching a music video. You can take it in small sections, that fast cutting, but over the course of, you know, a feature film wouldn't be edited that way because people would just get sick of all the Flash and they just get tired of it visually, just don't know what to pay attention to. So you want to use these to help draw the audience attention to a specific part of your presentation. So anyway, that's the preamble. Here's how it's done. The build inspector is what you want and then we can use build-ins to decide what happens to the text when it comes in to the slide, build-outs help decide what happens to the text on its way out or on your way to the next slide in your presentation. So known to see, there's nothing to select right now and that's because there's nothing selected within that slide. You can choose either the heading or the bullet point list that you've created or, by holding down the command key, you can choose all of them at the same time. So let's start with just selecting the heading like this and with the effect, now I notice this effect becomes selectable, so let's use, oh, let's just pick one that I probably would never use in real life unless I was dealing with fire safety or maybe something like that; flame. There we go. So that's what this is going to look like. Again, drop like that, but we'll use flame for ours. And so that's a transition. That's what's going to happen to this slide as you click on it, movement within a slide, it's going to flame up from out of nowhere and people are going to ooh and aah. But, this other text also will be present. I can click it once again. Notice that this text is going to be present as well, so all that stuff may be a little distracting so I may want to build a separate build for these elements right here and I can do the same thing. Effect, we'll do bouncy I suppose. There we go. And how do you want that text to appear? Left to right? Right to left? Random? The delivery also is important when you're dealing especially with bullet point lists because it can be by bullet. Bingo! Bingo! Bingo! You get the idea. Now, the duration on each of these is three seconds. So if I wanted to shorten that to maybe one second, I could certainly do that and now the bounces happen a little more quickly. So there we go. Also, maybe you don't, maybe that's a heading and you want the other ones to bounce in there rather quickly afterwards. So that's another option that you have. You don't have to start that build in your bullet list with the first thing in your bullet list. You can have it go like that. So there we go. So also notice the order; 2, 1. So if this was the first thing, this comes in, notice before your second thing comes in. Now, most of the time you're going to build your slides, this is, it's pretty intuitive tool to use. You're going to build them the way I've kind of gone through it here. You're going to select a heading and then that's going to be order number one. It's going to come in with whatever effect you want to. Your second thing that you select you're going to bring it in either all at once or by bullet and the effect. Of course, again, you can choose whatever you want to. There we go. Comet effect. More options at the bottom will let you be very precise about what will happen. So the build start will happen either on click or automatically after build one. So after build one, this happens and then after zero seconds of delay, but let's say, let's put a three-second delay in there and see what will happen. So that's what it's going to look like. One, two, three, and now our comet should come across and there we go. Obviously didn't count exact seconds. I forgot the one thousand part before I said it. But at any rate, that's how you can be just a little more granular with your build order. If you wanted to change the order, again, you can do it with this as well. But if you wanted to, you could click and drag and rearrange the order. So if you're just building a really, really complex slide, you have a lot of options. And then when you're done with those options, you can close the drawer. Build-outs, same thing. When you select something, you select an object, let's say I comment in and now I want them to blast out, whatever that means. I don't know blast out. But again, you get the idea. They're going to cube out now. And the duration, again, is configurable by you. So there's a cube out. So that means that simply when you are leaving, you're getting ready to leave that slide and go to the next one, the text is going to disappear and go away. So that's how you do it. That is the tool to use. The inspector and if you remember the third button over, the build inspector, you'll be well on your way to making movement within a slide.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.