And welcome to chapter11 where we will of course look at some cool Keynote tips and the first one that I am going to share with you isn't really so much of a tip as it can be considered advice. But it's the one you'll probably get the most use out of long term, we certainly have you know seen a lot of modules through out this entire tutorial that'll get you up to speed with the product and making some great presentations especially with Keynotes. But to be really creative or go beyond the boundaries you can do some great things with just the simplest theme of all and that theme is the white theme. It can be used for the black or then green as well, but I'm just choosing the white theme here to show you what I mean and I'm creating a slide like this which has kind of my own personally flair and this is just something that I thought of. Well if I'm giving a presentation about coffee and about myself, here are two partners in caffeine. Local coffee shop and then I made a shape here with my initial on it, kind of a monogram symbol and then some text over here and again this just has kind of a stylized look. So I got to duplicate this for you in this module here and I'll create a new slide and what I've chosen here for my master is just photo with a horizontal reflection. Now again I can use anything I want to but this is really going to be a synthesis of a lot of different modules that you've already seen. So you've got a boiler plate here and that's fine, that's a great place to start but again remember I don't have to use this, this can just be a departure point and what's really going to be important is my ability to edit the mask of the image. So again let's do this, let's get my media inspector out here and let's just find a good picture, oh what can I use here, how about that one. Drag and drop that on there and there we go, pretty cool looking picture. Now what can I do with it, well I can edit the mask, that is how I'm going to make it look really cool. So I can make it narrow like this, remember I can mask things with shape or I can make it like this if I want to and I can drag that picture around as I please, I can zoom in if I want to and continue to edit this mask here, select, edit, let's make this a little bit taller and bingo I've got something like that, now I can drag that picture around, line it up with a text box below and now I've got something that looks like that. Now what I can do is I can recreate that entire thing by adding another picture and then masking it the image with a rectangle or a shape or I can do a control click and I can duplicate that exact same thing, drag it over here, I can control click and duplicate that exact same thing. So now look at what I've got, something that looks pretty cool. Remember by itself it's a picture, in three's it's a pattern or it's a style you know some indoor interior decorating tip. So that's kind of cool, just there in of itself, so this could be like the title slide and again you're kind of introducing your own personal flair and setting yourself apart from the standard even Keynote presentation. I almost said PowerPoint presentation. Forget that, no one will make PowerPoint presentation that looks quite like this, that's for sure. So these images are just placeholders as well so you can even replace these with new media, so let's do that. Let's select some other pictures here. What else have we got that we can change our mind as well. Maybe I like the expression in that picture or let's do, let's see this one, and that's pretty good as it is, the proportions are just about right, so when I edit this mask I don't have much to work with unless, get a little stylistic here and I zoom and then I drag this around and maybe that is a little bit more artistic. What about over here? Do I have another one that I like? There we go, how about that guy right there and once again edit the mask, drag this around, zoom in a little bit or a lot of bit and keep zooming in maybe and reposition and something like this. What do you think? Again, pretty cool huh? So I've got a slide that if you're looking at just the templates this is the most boring template of all but in a matter of what, three minutes, five minutes, I've just made something that's very cool and it didn't take me a whole lot longer, in fact not very much longer at all to do something like that. Again I can go back here, double click this, add the text I want to, B-A-S-A-B-O slides, I can edit the color, you know how to do all this stuff, make it smaller, use the format bar, make it like that, let's right align it and see what that might look like. So again, that's better then it was before which is one picture but it didn't take me very long. I can then use all the other techniques that you have seen and even will see later on here to make this a master slide, make these default images, all kinds of stuff but you can really get creative in a hurry with just a white slide. How did I do this by the way, really similar principles, the only difference here is that I created the shape like this and then all I did was get out the inspector, I'm not going to recreate the entire thing, you can figure it out, but I got the inspector, I got the graphic inspector and I choose the gradient fill and then what I did was to get the B in there, I didn't type a B in the middle of it, what I did was I added a text box, this text box and I can rearrange it, but I've got one letter, I got one item in that text box and I set the font to 288 point font and so now I got this kind of cool little monogrammed monolith if you will, maybe that's a little bit better so, any rate, that's how I did that, that's how you can be creative with a white slide.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.