OK, the next thing that our face needs here is a mouth, so let's go and set up a mouth for this guy. I'm just going to hold down my Spacebar and drag over to the left-hand side over to our miscellaneous pieces of rusted metal and this sort of hexagonal looking nut is what I'm after here, so you might want to zoom in on this guy, Cmd-Plus or Ctrl-Plus there just a little bit. In terms of selecting this guy let's sort of cycle through our options. Can I use the Elliptical Selection Tool? Well, obviously no. That's not going to work and the Rectangular Selection Tool is not going to work either. How about the Magic Wand? Well, you know, you could try the Magic Wand. I'm not sure if that would work or not but what I'm going to try and do is I want to start using my Lasso Tools and, of course, we see our Lasso Tools over inside the Toolbox. Now, I suppose you could try your regular Lasso Tool, or what I call the Freehand Lasso Tool and with this guy what we would do essentially is just try and sort of freehand a selection all the way around this guy and, as you can see, I'm doing quite a terrible job of this. So this isn't really happening for me here, so I'm just going to get rid of my marching ants here just by hitting Cmd-D or Ctrl-D. Instead I think what I'll try is my Polygonal Lasso Tool, so go ahead and grab that fella and this guy is going to create for us straight-edged selections which is fantastic. You might want to zoom in just a little bit more on your object here and I think what I'll do is I'll just start up maybe in the top left corner here, just a single-click by the way and you'll notice that I now have this little string connected to my cursor from the starting point there now to my cursor and it's going to follow me around, right, so the idea here is to maybe come along down the edge, maybe about here and then I'll single click there and that puts in sort of an angle there, or a corner, if you will and then I'll just kind of make my way around the edge of this object here. Maybe something like this. Now, you know, your selection doesn't have to be perfect. The idea here is just getting used to this tool here, the Polygonal Lasso Tool. What's kind of cool, too, is once you make your way down an edge you can hold down the Spacebar and then reposition your screen and then as soon as you let go of your Spacebar you're onto this tool. Alright, so now what I'll do is I'll obviously just sort of continue along the edge of my object, just single-clicking wherever I think the selection edge should change direction. And, again, you know, it doesn't have to be perfect. You might want to shave off a little bit of the object, that's just fine. And let's see, I'll come up this side here, something like this. This tool here, the Polygonal Lasso Tool is fantastic for objects that have these, sort of these hard edges. And, again, I'm not doing the greatest job in the world but again, the idea here is to get you used to working with the tool. And all these lumps here along the top, I suppose I could go around them but you know, I'm just going to kind of trim them all off, you know, something like that, just to kind of smooth it out a little bit anyway. Alright, now for the moment of truth. The way that I'm going to close off my selection, or finish off my selection is just by bringing my cursor over top of the starting point and when I do so, I get a little donut right beside my cursor there. I don't know if you can see that or not. That indicates that I'm about to close my selection and if I single-click voila, marching ants, right? OK, perfect. So I hope that worked out for you. Zoom out here a little bit. Now we have the problem of getting rid of the center of the nut, or the center of the object, right? Any ideas there? Maybe I should get you to pause the video and ponder this for a moment. Any ideas for knocking away the center of this object? Well, I could grab my Elliptical Marquee Tool and try and select out that center, sort of like we did with our rusty washer earlier on. I'm going to do something similar to that, sort of the same idea but hopefully it'll go a little faster. I'm going to use my Magic Wand Tool, so I'll head over to the Toolbox and I'll grab my Magic Wand Tool and then what I want to do is essentially get the Magic Wand Tool to knock out the center. Don't forget that the Magic Wand Tool creates selections based on color. The center area of the object is essentially the same color, so I'm going to hold down Option here on the Mac or Alt on the Windows side. You'll see your cursor changes to the Magic Wand Tool with the Minus beside it suggesting that if I single-click I then knock away that center portion. Perfect. OK, great. Let's mov this guy over onto our face. I'll hit the V key on my keyboard to switch back to my Move Tool and I'll just zoom out here a little bit, Cmd-Minus, Ctrl-Minus there on the Windows side, grab the object and literally tear him away, pull him off of his background and move him onto the face. Something like this. OK. Now, it's entirely up to you how you want to set this up. You might want to leave yourself a little bit of space, something like this, or you might want to crowd it in a little bit. I'm thinking of putting a nose in here so you might want to leave a little bit of space there. And the other thing I wanted to mention as well is you may want to use your Free Transform to rotate this guy's mouth around a little bit, so don't forget our Keyboard Shortcut for Free Transform was Cmd-T or Ctrl-T and then I can just rotate this guy around. So, maybe something more like that for myself. Of course, with your Free Transform you can make this object larger or smaller, whatever you like there. I'm going to hit Enter to lock in my change and then Deselect, Cmd-D or Ctrl-D.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.