OK, so let's get rid of this layer style, this bevel and emboss that we applied to our statue and also the drop shadow. You know, there's a couple of different ways to get rid of a layer style or layer effects as they're also sometimes called? But you know, usually what I do is I just bring my cursor over top of the layer that has the layer style applied to it, I right click on the fella and then, well, we've got a couple of options here. We can copy the layer style, which by the way is really cool. I could copy the effects that I've applied to this layer and mine's grayed out right now but then what I could do is I could go and right click on another layer and then paste the layer style. So in other words, I could copy the effects on one layer and paste them over onto another layer. Very cool. But what I'm after here is clearing the layer style. So go ahead and choose Clear Layer Style. That gets rid of all the effects that you've applied to your layer. You can see the Layers Palette there. It's cleared them all away. Let's go after that white outline that I promised you quite a while ago now. So once again, I'll double click on the right side of the Statue Layer, back into the Layer Style Dialog Box. I'm going to head down to an effect called Stroke; otherwise known as Outline and what I'll do here is I want to change the color of the stroke. Notice I now have this black outline all the way around my statue, which looks kind of cool, but I'm after white so what I'm going to do is I'm going to click on this little color thumbnail and what that does is brings us into a dialog box that we haven't seen yet. This is Photoshop's Color Picker Window and you know, in a minute I'll give you a tour of this dialog box. This is very cool but all I'm after is white at this point so what I'm going to do is inside this, sort of this color area here on the left-hand side, I'm going to click up in the top-left corner to select white and you'll notice I get white right off the bat there. Perfect. Alright, I'm going to go ahead and click OK and you know, at this point you might want to move your dialog box out of the way so you can see your overall layout. Maybe I'll zoom out just a little bit here. That's another cool trick. I can zoom in and zoom out while I'm still inside this dialog box, which is kind of cool. I think that looks great. I think it looks really cool. But you know, inside the Layer Style Dialog Box I have a few other options. I can increase the thickness of my line by dragging on this Size Slider if I want. So maybe I want something a little bit thicker and then we also have Position on the outside, on the inside, something like that and maybe I should zoom in here so you can see the difference. So there inside and there's outside. Or I can say the Center. So ride the Center between the sort of the inside of the statue and the outside. I think I like the outside there. Something like that I think looks pretty darn cool. Alright, that looks great. I'm going to go ahead and click on OK. I'm quite happy with that and you know, let's go and apply a few other effects to one of our other layers. So now what I'm going to do is I'm going to go and change the color of the text here, the Medieval Dinner and you know, I could go into the Smart Object. Don't forget, this guy's a Smart Object. I could double click on that Smart Object Icon and go and change it in the original file and so on or I could just apply a special effect to the text layer itself. Let's do that. So I'm going to double click on the right-hand side of the text layer, back into the Layer Style Dialog Box and I'm not going to do anything too crazy here. All I want to do is change the color of the text so I'm going to choose Color Overlay and right away all my text changes to red because that's our default color here but once again, I'll click on this color swatch and I'm back into Photoshop's Color Picker. OK, I promised you a tour of the interface here. Now, usually when people come into the Color Picker, they're instantly drawn to this area here on the left-hand side of the dialog box but really it's the center, this sort of center color ramp that you want to start with inside the dialog box and notice we have a little grab arrow there, a little slider. Grab that guy and drag up or down to find the sort of the range of colors that you want. For example, maybe I want to go into the greens for whatever reasonright? As soon as I let go you'll see the text changes to green there and then inside this left-hand window pane I can then choose the shade of green that I want. Maybe I can go into some of the darker greens if I like or maybe into the lighter greens. So obviously we have darks at the bottom, lights towards the top, we have some grayish effect there over towards the left-hand side of this window here. One idea that I had was making the text the same color as the statue, trying to get it close to the same color as the statue. So I could go into these grays here, maybe somewhere in here, something like that which to me looks kind of cool or, you know, we could probably even go a little darker there, maybe something like that or the other thought that I had was we could try and make the text the same color as the sky, again, just to sort of match it up a little bit. So then in that case I'd grab my Color Ramp Slider here in the middle of the Color Picker Dialog Box, go into the blues and then try and get a blue that's sort of a similar color as my sky. It's a little bit more gray than that, isn't it? Maybe somewhere in there. I'm just kind of taking wild guesses here. You get the idea I'm sure. That's really what it's all about is I come in here, I set it up. I think that looks pretty good. Click on OK and then from this point I can throw on some additional styles if I want. Again, maybe a stroke, maybe black, maybe something like this, increase the thickness, whatever you want. You can really go crazy here and who the heck knows, maybe a drop shadow as well. You can come in here, set up a drop shadow. Again, the idea here is just to sort of fiddle around and experiment and see what you can come up with and if you're sitting there not really liking what you have, you can uncheck these checkboxes to kind of back yourself out of what you've done here. Click on OK. Again, that's all there is to it and again, what I love about all this is it's all non-destructive so if I really wanted to, I could strip all these effects off, go all the way back to where you and I started and that's really the cool thing about layer styles, layer effects here in Photoshop.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.