Now that we've discussed how the clone source palette works let's go ahead and actually apply what we've learned and as you see here I have a couple of images open. So the first thing I'm going to do on this image is I'm going to set our first source point and make sure I have this button enabled and I'm gonna re, reproduce this. So I'm gonna click with my alt or option key. I'm gonna click once, let go of the mouse and now I've set that source. I'm gonna go to the next image and I'm going to click on this button here to tell Photoshop which image I'd like to clone or which part of the original image I like to clone. Because don't forget you don't have to have more then one image open, you can make five clone sources from just one image. So I'm going to once again select a source and I'm going to now go to another image, let's see which one that is here and I'm going to click on the third button and I'm going to set my new source, but I'm also going to make another one with the trees here. So I'm gonna make another source in this image as well. So now lets return to our original image here and start to paint with our different sources. So to make sure we know what's going on lets turn our overlay on and we're gonna make sure we also have auto hide on as well. I'm also gonna reduce the size of the source and I'm going to put the link back on and paint over here. So I'm gonna put another one of these spires back here and I'm just gonna take my time and just paint this. You'll notice that my mode is on aligned in my options bar. So the mouse stays put and behaves itself and I'm just gonna go in this area here and just kinda clean that up a little bit. Oh, that's fine. Now let's go ahead to our next source and we see that we have the snowboarder. Let's reduce the size of the snowboarder clone to 20 percent and I'm gonna paint him way up here. So let's go ahead and use our new source to paint him up here. Actually you know what I'm gonna undo that. I wanna put him on his own layer so I'm gonna create a new layer and I'm gonna paint him on his own layer. That way I have a lot of control and I can actually be a little sloppy and I can come back in here later on and clean him up and that's a really good idea guys you definitely wanna use as many layers as possible. So we can come back in later on with a layer mask or we can come back in some other way and we could also hide and show that if we don't like it. So that's our second source. Let's go to the third source which is the mountain biker and we're gonna drop her down to about, lets see we'll put her at, in the extreme foreground, so we'll knock her down to about 50 percent as well and see how that looks and that's the beauty of the overlay. And she's still to big for this scene so let's knock her down to about 25 percent and compare her to the other people in the park. And look how cool that is, she about the right size, I think a little bit larger. I'm gonna go 30 percent and we'll put her right about here and I'm gonna paint her on that same layer because they occupy two different spaces in the layer so it's gonna be easy for me to clean it up. So I'm gonna put her, in, the picture as well. And we can always go back and get rid of that background that's in there. And now let's go to our fourth source and we see we have this mountain range back here. So what I could do is I could paint the mountains on once again their own layer and I could put some mountains behind Washington so I can go ahead and start to paint in those mountains like so and once again they are on their own layer so I can be very, very sloppy and I can be very liberalist with my um, very liberal with my brush stroke. So I can go crazy with the brush and just got those mountains in like this. And then when I'm done what I can do is simply rearrange the layers, let me go ahead and get those in there right, right, right there ok. Now grab that layer and move it behind the snowboarder, I'll also unlock the Washington layer and what I could do is write that back there and I can add, let me go ahead and close that uh palette because we don't need it right now. I can add a layer mask on the Washington layer so I can show what's going on behind there. So with a black brush I can paint away portions of the image to reveal those mountains. So as you can see using the uh clone stamp and the clone source gives you the ability to really make some amazing composites by overlapping layers, putting them on separate uh parts of the layers and then using layer masks or the erasure tool to then clean up your images. I can also add another layer all the way in the background and just fill this in with blue or white or whatever I like. I'll go ahead and sample this blue here and I'm going to fill that entire layer with blue so when I paint the layer mask I can get some of that sky back in there. So I can take my time, add the mountains to Washington, you know put the trees back in later on, don't forget you can always change the color of the brush by hitting X on the keyboard and painting back in the detail. Now as you can tell I'm going very, very, very fast and I'm using a gigantic brush. But as you can see with a lot of clean up you can really have a composite that looks like she's really in the foreground, he's jumping over the White House somewhere from a ramp over here and we have another uh building that's based on this one in the background. So once again it's a great way to work, just make sure that you get everything blocked in like I have here and then reduce the size of your brush, rearrange your layers and slowly but surely build a composite based on several different images.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.