The liquefy filter is one of my favorite filters in Photoshop. I'm gonna go to the filter menu and I'm gonna choose liquefy from the menu and I'm working in a slightly larger recording size this time so I can move this gigantic dialog box and show you many of the options that you are going to use. Let's start off with the tools. The first tool of course is the zoom tool so we can zoom in on our subject. And once again we are gonna turn this guy into the Emperor from Star 00:00:25 ] Wars and we are going to use this first tool to help us out. This is tool is called the four word warped tool and it moves pixels in the direction in which you move your mouse. So I can make his nose a little bit bigger and I can also, if you look on this side, reduce the size of that brush to have a little bit more control. So I can push the pixels around and this is the tool that you probably use most often as you make your adjustments to the image and then you can come back in with some of the other tools to continue to work with it. So let me pull that chin down a little bit, right now he is looking at me holding my light saber and he's going to tell me to strike him down with my rage. And now I'm gonna go over here and show you the next tool which is called the reconstruct tool. This tool is helpful if you go too far. Let me show you something, I'll pull this and I'll just really mess it up and now I can use this tool to paint the details back and slowly go back to the original image and it's very, very helpful to have that tool available. Likewise on this side of the dialog you see we have some reconstruction options. We can click reconstruct to go backwards incrementally, we can restore all and these tools are very, very handy. Let's go back over here again. We have the twirl tool and the twirl tool will twirl pixels clockwise or counter clockwise depending on whether you're holding down the modifier key on the keyboard. And the modifier key in this case for a lot of these tools is either alt or option depending on your platform. So if I don't hold a key combination I click in his eye and look at that, I twirl it completely down into a clockwise position. Let me undo that and do a little tiny bit, Likewise if I hold down either alt or option and click over here it will go in a counter clockwise direction. Our next tool on our tour is this guy right here called the pucker tool and it's really handy if you want to pinch those lips in and make him look really you know like that Emperor, give him that little sneer, he's just evil, he's just a little evil man. And I can pinch those ears in and I can do all kinds of stuff with the wrinkles and the nose and I can make him look like he's really focused on us. He's focusing his anger. And now we have the bloat tool which works in the opposite fashion so we can bloat things out and you can go too far of course just undo a couple of times or pick a reconstruct which is your, your friend in this filter trust me. This tool is called the push left tool although I think they should just call it the push tool because it pushes left when you move your mouse up. It pushes right when you move your mouse down, so I think it's a little weird they named it that. So we can move the pixels up and we can move pixels to the right, simply based on the direction in which you move your mouse. The mirror tool will mirror pixels. I don't really like this tool too much because I don't ever get a good result with it so I'm going to reconstruct a couple times to go backwards and of course I can always paint it away. This tool is called our turbulence tool and it helps add a little bit of randomness and a little turbulence to our motions, gives us a little jitter in the uh painting. And what we can do next is use this tool and the tool under it this are our masking tools, this is the freeze mask and we can paint a mask around the areas that we want to protect, like for example I might want to just paint the eyes and not affect the hair or the rest of the face or the nose and then I can grab a tool and I can you know do whatever I want in there and not affect the rest of the image. If I want to add some more area that I can paint in or affect then I can use the thaw tool to thaw out that mask. So let me go ahead and thaw this whole face out. And we also have our move tool, of course we can move things around. You can achieve the same result using the space bar. So once again the liquefy filter has a lot of options as far as moving pixels around in your images. We also have the ability to save meshes to load meshes to save meshes and to change our brush size, the density, the pressure, the rate and the turbulence. And we also have our reconstruct options so these are the most important tools in this filter and pretty much all you really need to achieve a great result is keep in mind that you work incrementally. Work very, very small at first and get some little details going and then use you know the broad strokes to really get the uh feel of the image. So if you really want to get those eyebrows down just make a gigantic sweeping move like this and then come in later on with a smaller brush and you know really enhance the details, it's a great filter and I definitely suggest that you try to use it. It can really change the look and feel of your images, so here is a sneer and I'll go to undo liquefy and there's a nice friendly guy and this is the guy whose gonna put the uh mask on and tell us one day to rise, to assume our place at his side.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.