Let's talk about some of these other brush dynamics. And you can see my basic brush shape here. Go back to shapes dynamics and talk about size and of course we can add size jitter. So you can see if we turn this way up how it will look in my brush stroke preview. And very often I tie size to pen pressure. So a very light stroke, I have a small brush and if I begin to press down harder I get a larger brush. And I've already talked about the angle option, and we also have roundness controls, and we can tie that to pen pressure as well. So think about this that my, if I go back to brush shape, that a very light pressure it will look very squeezed down and heavy pressure it will be very round. So light - heavy - light. We also have options for scattering our brush marks. We can increase the scattering slider, and notice how the brush marks will be scattered around the line that you make. And we can tie this again to something like the pen pressure. So at a very low pressure there is not much of scattering, and if we press harder we get more scattering. Whenever I choose a pen pressure option, notice how the brush stroke preview updates. It assumes the beginning and end of the stroke will be a light pressure. And the middle will be a heavy pressure. If we enable the count option, count specifies the number of brush marks applied to each spacing interval. So we can really increase the effect by increasing the count value. Another feature that we can employ with our brush dynamics is have a brush work with a texture. And when we go to the texture section on the brushes palette, we have a large pop down menu here we can click on - this thumbnail of the texture. And I'm going to choose a very high contrast texture here. And notice how that will look when we make some marks. We can also change the scale of our texture, and we can choose what kind of mode the texture will be used with. The depth slider allows you to mix your texture with your brush tips, so at a 100% we are getting a the most mix possible. A middle value will mix our brush and texture about 50% in this case, and if we turn it all the way down, we get no mix at all. So I'm going to de-click the check box next to texture, so we are not using that. Another option we have is to have our current brush be pushed through a different brush. This is called the dual brush option, and with the dual brush option, we can choose the various parameters for our secondary brush. So the diameter slider is now controlling the secondary dual brush. Clicking use sample size will use the exact size of our secondary brush, in this case the captured brush, which was 21 pixels. So I'll disable that, and talk about color dynamics. You can mix your foreground and background color by going to the color dynamics section. And what we can do here is, I'll just go ahead and choose a different background color, and if you enable foreground/background color jitter, you begin to have a bit of a mix for foreground and background color. That's a very low value. So, if I increase that a bit, you can see that my brush mark is now being laid down with both the foreground and the background color. And if we increase that a whole lot, we'll get a mix of the two constantly. We can of course have this tied to one of our input parameters such as pen pressure. And to the same extent, I could have my brush add randomness to the hue of the currently selected foreground color that I would be using. I'll turn that back down to zero, and of course we get the mark with no hue randomness. And we also have the option to add randomness to the saturation value of our foreground color as well as brightness. Purity, will use at zero %, will use the color that you've chosen as your foreground color. If we decrease the purity value, we'll just begin to make our color less pure. Going to get rid of all these marks and disable color dynamics, and go back to my bottom most section called other dynamics. And talk about this feature, which I often use, the opacity control. And I often have opacity tied to pen pressure. And this way of course, if I press lightly I get a light low opaque mark, and if I increase pen pressure I get a more opaque mark. You can increase the opacity slider for your brush tool to 100%, and then really take advantage of the pen pressure range that you can control using your pressure sensitive stylus and tablet combination. And to the same extent, we could also control the flow of our media by tying that also to pen pressure. And get a very customized airbrush type of look. The next section here are simple check boxes. We can add a noise effect to our brush mark. It will add kind of a grainy effect. And if you choose wet edges, it will make the center of your image semi-transparent as you were using a water brush. At any time if you want to change the opacity of your brush mark, say if we don't have this tied to an input parameter such as pen pressure, I can type in any number and it will go to that 10% value. So 2 would be 20% opacity, 5 - 50% opacity. 0 - 100% opacity, and so on and so forth. If you type in quickly say 4,5 I'll go directly to an opacity value of 45%. Enabling airbrush would give you a slightly smoother effect when you are using a brush tool. And smoothing will help when you make very quick marks. And if we have a texture in our background, we could choose to protect the texture by enabling protect texture. So you have a lot of controls, and customizing a way you want your brush to look. And if you are happy with your completely customized brush look I recommend adding it to your brush preset by clicking on the brush preset popup palette and going over and choosing new tool preset, and giving your custom brush parameter collection a name. And then you can always access it from the brush preset palette menu.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.