You can place Fireworks graphics into a Flash file in a number of ways. Importing, or copying and pasting a Fireworks PNG file offers you the most control over how the graphics and animations will be imported into Flash. However, you can also important JPG, GIF, PNG, and SWF files that haven't been exported from Fireworks. Now, I should point out that when Fireworks graphics are imported or copied and pasted into Flash, some of your attributes will be lost. It's pretty unpredictable actually exactly what will be lost, and it never actually transports over exactly how you wish. I can tell you that many of the Live Filters and Textures will be lost. You also cannot import or copy and paste a Contour Gradient effect from Fireworks into a Flash document. In addition, Flash supports only solid fills, gradient fills and basic strokes. Let me go ahead and demonstrate some of my favorite ways of getting Fireworks graphics into Flash. First, let's just choose this animated symbol here and copy it, and now let's open up Flash, and simply Edit, Paste, and Center. Now notice that when you do copy and paste from Fireworks into Flash you'll get this Import Fireworks dialog which gives you a little bit more control over how the import will proceed. For example, you can import the graphic as a single flattened bitmap. This is probably the most reliable, and the most consistent method, but it doesn't give you a lot of options. You can also import into a current frame as a movie clip or as a new layer. You can also keep your objects imported as bitmaps to maintain the appearance. Keep all the paths editable. For your text you can import as bitmaps to maintain their appearance, or keep all the text editable. Let's go ahead and click OK. Now notice that this is a movie clip, if you're not familiar with Flash. If you double-click on it, notice you have a series of frames here. Now the frames are a little bit different than what you had in Fireworks, so again, each file tends to import a little bit unexpectedly. I have, some attributes are maintained, but others are not. The bottom line is usually there's some editing and modification that you need to do in Flash to get your Fireworks animation to behave the same way. Cutting and pasting is the fastest, and perhaps easiest method for moving graphics and animations from Fireworks into Flash. However, I usually import my files, my PGN files, directly into Flash. So, let's try that method. Let's move this over here and let's go ahead and choose from the Flash's Main Menu, File, Import. Let's import directly to the stage, and now let's just browse to the location of my animation. There it is. Notice that I get this same dialog, "Import Fireworks Document." I can import as a single, flattened bitmap. Here I also have some Page Options that I didn't have before. In the file that I'm importing, the PNG file, I only had one page, but if I had multiple pages, I can import each of those pages as separate graphics. I can import into the current frame as a movie clip, as I did before, import as bitmaps to maintain appearance, or keep all paths editable, and then similar options for my text. Let's go ahead and keep these as the default and click OK. And in this case Flash imported the file in much the same way, but again, notice that there are some differences here from the Fireworks document. Actually there are some differences here between important and copying and pasting. When I import it, it looks like some of my images are missing. So this is a good illustration of just how unpredictable it can be to import or cut and paste graphics into Flash. Let me conclude my demonstration with one more import. Let's import a different Fireworks file. I have several animations here. Here's Animation number 1. Let's go ahead and keep the defaults and, in this case, now, in this case it was importing it to this movie clip to a single frame of the movie clip, it looks like Frame 2. Let's go back to scene 1 and re-import to the stage that animation file. It's giving me a warning that one or more Library items already exist in the document. Let's go ahead and replace that existing item, and there is my animation and again, in this case, as in the last case, I'm missing some graphics there. In fact, it looks like only the very first frame got imported into Flash. So that one has some problems. As a further demonstration, let me show you what the animation should look like here in Fireworks. That's the Animation 1 file, and if I play this, that's what it should have done. So, you can see in this case I only really had a successful import of one of my two Fireworks animations, and even the one that was successful wasn't quite the same in Flash as it is here in Fireworks. Here's the Fireworks' animation. Now let me demonstrate the Flash animation. Actually it was this one that imported better, so there's my animation in Flash. It did go in, but it is different. So there you have a good representation of some of the difficulties that you will run into when importing or copying and pasting Fireworks animations into Flash. That'll wrap up this section of the tutorial on creating slide shows and animations. In this section, you've learned how to create slideshows and how to modify slideshow properties. You've learned how to work with animation symbols, how to modify those animation symbols. You've learned how to create Frame Tweening animations, as well as how to export your animations out of Fireworks. In this last movie, you learned some techniques for using Fireworks graphics in Flash.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.