Most of the Dreamweaver extensions available will be accessible via the Dreamweaver Exchange site maintained by Adobe, so let me give you a quick tour of this site. Notice that you have a search box here where you can search for, for example, shopping carts. Just type in the word you're looking for, the key word, click on Search and the site will return all of the extensions that have the word shopping cart in them, most likely these are going to be shopping carts that you can then download. Click on the Download button to download that extension. Usually you'll need to be signed in to the Adobe site here to get access to these extensions. If you don't have an Adobe account you can create a free Adobe account by clicking on the Create an Adobe Account button. Provide an Adobe ID, which is usually your e-mail and a password. So I enter my ID and my password and click on Sign in. This will usually take you to the Licensing Agreement for that extension. Go ahead and click on Accept and then usually the download will start automatically and you'll get a dialog here asking you where you want to save or open that extension. Normally you'll be opening these with the Adobe Extension Manager for CS5 which I'll be demonstrating a little bit later. For now let's cancel out of this and go back to the Home Page here. So that's how you can search for extensions. There's also Categories that you can browse for extensions: Accessibility, Browsers, Commerce, Fireworks, Learning, Navigation. Let's go to the Learning subcategory. Look at the extensions available in this space. So here's a list of the extensions that are available in the Learning Category - eCommerce MySQL Database. Notice also you have a Filtering mechanism up here or a Filtering tool where you can see those extensions that are Freeware, Donation, Commercial, Open Distribution, Try-Buy, and so on. Let's look at the Freeware, see if there's any Freeware that are available in this Learning Category and it looks like there are. This one here is free: eCommerce MySQL Database, the Analytics Toolkit, Spry Actions and so on. So that's another useful tool here for finding the kind of extension you're looking for whether it's All of them, Shareware, Freeware, Donation, Commercial and so on. Let's look at the Commercial Learning extensions. Here are the Commercial or fee-based where you need to buy rather than just download. Once you find an extension that you're interested in click on the title there and that'll link you to the product information page where you can get much more detail about the particular extension. Here this one, Ajax Event Calendar provides the license. It's 115 dollars. Display all your events, appointments, reservations or availability in a stylish event Calendar. Support Information, Author, Author website, the browsers that this supports and many of the more popular ones will also have user reviews so you can get firsthand information from people who have been using the extension, also rate the extension. Many of the more popular ones have a rating as well. Notice right here you can view a sample or you can add to your Favorites. Let me click on that and add that to my Favorites. These Favorites will be added to your Adobe My Exchange section of the website so you can see here are some extensions that I've found that I've added to my Favorites. I haven't downloaded them but I've just added them because I'm interested in getting access to them or more information. Let me go ahead and reload this and you can see that it's going to add that last extension that I added to my Favorites. So you can see here is the extension that I just added, Ajax Event Calendar. Notice that from the My Exchange Page I can buy or download the extension or remove it from my Favorites. You can also do something here, Get the Widget Browser, which is relatively new tool for finding and managing your Adobe Widgets. I'll be covering the Widget Browser in the next movie. You can access your My Exchange site from the main Dreamweaver Exchange page. Just scroll down the right-hand side, there's a category here: My Exchange, where you can look at your Favorites, you can post Alerts, you can also get alerted if there's changes to a particular extension. Click on Favorites and notice that that brings up my My Favorites page. Actually Adobe calls it the My Exchange Page. Let's go back to the main Dreamweaver Exchange Home Page here. Notice also, at the top, you have Staff Picks, Most Recent extensions, Most Popular and the Highest Rated. Let's look at the Highest Rated Category. So, at the time of this recording these were the highest rated Dreamweaver extensions: Slide Show Menu, Form 2 Mail, FormValidator Pro - looks like most of these are Commercial, but again you can use the Filter to filter in just the free ones. So here we have a list of the Highest Rated Dreamweaver extensions that are all free. When touring the Dreamweaver exchange site you probably noticed that some of the extensions have this Get the Widget Browser link next to them. Many of them do on the front page here. If you click on that link it'll take you to this page, a description of the Adobe Widget Browser which is an Adobe Air application that lets you preview and configure widgets using a very visual interface. That interface looks like this, so let me move on now to the next movie and describe how to get, install and use this relatively new Adobe Widget Browser.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH SHALL PREVAIL IN GOVERNING YOUR RIGHTS OF USE. BY CLICKING THE "BECOME A MEMBER" BUTTON, THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("YOU") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING "BECOME A MEMBER" MUST NOT BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
"VTC" refers to Virtual Training Company,
"You" refers to the user or subscriber.
"Software" refers to the VTC training content and software.
2. LICENSE: VTC hereby grants to You a worldwide, non-royalty bearing, non-exclusive license to use the Software according to the provisions contained herein and subject to payment of the applicable subscription fees.
3. RESTRICTIONS: You may not do any of the following:
Save the Software to Your hard disk or other storage
medium; permit others to use the Software except as specified by addendum;
modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software; make
derivative works based on the Software; publish or otherwise disseminate
the Software. VTC, Inc., VTC Online University, and the Virtual Training
Company site is owned and operated by VTC, Inc. as a corporation of
All materials on this site are the property of VTC unless otherwise specified. No material from these pages may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of U.S. copyright law and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
4. FEES: The rights granted under this Agreement
are effective only upon payment of the subscription fees, which are
strictly non-refundable other than as expressly provided herein. The
term "monthly subscription" is defined as any 30 day period.
The term "yearly subscription" is defined as one 365 day
period. A yearly subscription ends on the same numerical date as it
began (example July 28, 2004 to July 28, 2005).
The VTC Online University is access to every VTC training tutorial in our library. You pay a flat fee for access to these titles. You are billed according to your renewal selection below, and can renew monthly, yearly, or in any other increment offered. If you choose to be billed monthly, you will be billed every 30 days for the subscription until you request the subscription be cancelled. Our terms of service state that you must cancel a monthly subscription at least two business days before your renewal date. These two days give us enough time to ensure that you will not be charged again.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY: VTC warrants that the Software, if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described. VTC does not warrant, however, that Your use of the Software will be uninterrupted or that the operation of the Software will be error-free or secure. In addition, the security mechanisms implemented by the Software have inherent limitations, and You must determine that the Software sufficiently meets Your requirements. VTC also warrants that the media containing the Software, if provided by VTC, is free from defects in material from the date You acquired the Software. VTC's sole liability for any breach of this warranty shall be, in VTC's sole discretion: (i) to replace Your defective media or Software; or (ii) to advise You how to achieve substantially the same functionality with the Software as described; or (iii) if the above remedies are impracticable, to refund the subscription fee You paid for the Software. Only if You inform VTC of Your problem with the Software during the applicable subscription period will VTC be obligated to honor this warranty. VTC will use reasonable commercial efforts to repair, replace, advise, or refund pursuant to the foregoing warranty within thirty (30) days of being so notified. If any modifications are made to the Software by You during the warranty period; if the medium is subjected to accident, abuse, or improper use; or if You violate the terms of this Agreement, then this warranty shall immediately terminate. This warranty shall not apply if the Software is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than the unmodified version of hardware and software with which the Software was designed to be used as described.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY, AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY VTC OR ITS SUPPLIERS. VTC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD. MOREOVER, IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT. NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF VTC IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSIONS, OR ADDITIONS TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
6. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS: VTC reserves all proprietary rights in and to the Software, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. VTC, Inc.
Trademark Notice: VTC, Virtual Training Company,
Inc., The VTC Logo, and VTC Online University, are trademarks of VTC,
Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Copyright © 1995 - 2005 VTC, Inc. All rights reserved.
7. TERMINATION: This Agreement shall automatically terminate if You fail to comply with the restrictions described herein. Your obligations to pay outstanding subscription fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VTC
OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON
FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF
ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL,
WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL VTC BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT VTC RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE
TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VTC SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY
DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM VTC'S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Links To Other Materials: Linked sites found at the VTC site are not under the control of VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. VTC may change links based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time. VTC does not, by linking to sites, endorse companies or products to which it links and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Forums, and Chat are not always screened by VTC, and we are not responsible for the content of any public or open forum content at the site. VTC may change these public forums based solely on our discretion, and we reserve the right to terminate any forum at any time. VTC does not, by allowing these forums, endorse companies or products which may be mentioned in these forums, and reserves the right to note as such on its web pages. If you decide to access any of the public forums in this site, or linked to this site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Agreement is governed by Virginia law. All disputes between You and VTC shall be finally resolved through arbitration in Winchester, Virginia. This site is controlled by VTC from its offices within the United States of America. VTC makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA.
VTC may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy,
or your information specifically,
you may email us at:email@example.com.